EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/25/2013 to 4/28/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
We have several first-timers coming to Gulf Shores State Park. Always good to get new folks into the fun. I'm sure there will be lots of talk on the soon approaching National Rally at Goshen, Indiana in June. For those who have not yet planned to attend, you will be missing out on a great get-together if you don't go. Heartland does this one up in a big way and you will meet folks from all around the country that make up our big family.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hogan - this will be our first time at a Gulf Shores rally. Is there a schedule for the rally?

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
I will have my clubs and Wayne should have his. Last year Lou, Gerry from MI, Waye and I played at state park.

ATLJOHN

Hogan
When we arrive at the campground to check-in do we advise that we are with the Heartland Group. Is the rate on the last page is the group rate?

Also have you started any food list for the potluck dinner.

Look forward to meeting all next week.

MCTalley

I'll have clubs. If you need someone to bring up the rear, score-wise, I'm your man. I only recently bought a used set of clubs after not having played since the late 1980's. Been practicing a little here at our home campground with wiffle balls.

Rodbuster

Well, if Ken Hyde is playing, looks like I'll have to play too....he doesn't know how to keep score.
I'll have my clubs.

Dick

Speedy

I haven't seen any list of what people are bringing for the potluck ATLJohn. I can state what we are bringing, Stuffed Jalapeno dip and Pimento cheese sandwich both are appetizers. Last I saw the potluck theme is "Southern". If people want to either post or IM me I'll make a list and post here.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Well, if Ken Hyde is playing, looks like I'll have to play too....he doesn't know how to keep score.
I'll have my clubs.

Dick

That was uncalled for. Even if it is true, that just hurts. As far as you know, I have hardly ever said anything bad about you. Looking forward to seeing you guys next week. Ken

VKTalley

I haven't seen any list of what people are bringing for the potluck ATLJohn. I can state what we are bringing, Stuffed Jalapeno dip and Pimento cheese sandwich both are appetizers. Last I saw the potluck theme is "Southern". If people want to either post or IM me I'll make a list and post here.

John, I'm bringing Spoonbread and Derby Pie. :)
This southern girl loves them both. Looking forward to next week at the coast.....just got to get through an event here at Ft. Toulouse on Saturday and Sunday.

Lou_and_Bette

Well, Bette and I are sitting here waiting for the rest of you to drag in, clubs are dusted off and ready to hit the lttle white ball and I usually hit it ALOT on each and every hole.

Hogan
When we arrive at the campground to check-in do we advise that we are with the Heartland Group. Is the rate on the last page is the group rate?

John, and everyone, when we checked in this afternoon, the staff was aware of the Heartland rally and apparently Teresa had already assigned a site to everyone who is registered. I was told that I would be in site 158 on back row where most people were last year. However, after repeated requests, I was changed to site 174 which is a pull through on the row we were on last year. I did this because of being a toy hauler and needing to get the back ramp down so I could let the "sleepng beast" out of its cage...took some real begging but was accomodated

davebennington

Ken
I am sorry but you guys are great golfers, an newbees do not stand a chance playing with you. How many strokes do you give the new guys?

dave

Last edited:

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Ken
I am sorry but you guys are great golfers, an newbees do not stand a chance plating with you. How many strokes do you give the new guys?

dave
I would gladly accommodate you but my friend Dick (rodbuster) is known as a hard nosed ruthless person and will probably not allow any charity strokes. Sorry but he's much older and meaner than I. See you on Monday. Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.