EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/25/2013 to 4/28/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Speedy, We have 3XL Tee Shirts so I put you down for two of them. Anyone else want a 3XL, let me know so I can get it ordered.Thanks, Hogan

JanAndBill

Last Call for TEE-SHIRTS!!!!!

Please advise the size T-shirts you want, if you want them. I have to get the order off right away to assure delivery for the Rally. I will send the order next week so please respond by 04/04/2013.
Thanks in advance.

Hogan

Please put us down for 1 L and 1 XL

GETnBYE

Meet & Greet!!!
Wow, I was just looking at the list to see who was returning and I became aware that we have a 2 to 1 ratio of *new rally goers. *(New to the Al/Ms chapter, that is). How fun.

Should make the meet and greet a test of the memory :confused:, hope everyone wears their name tags.......hint, hint.:confused:

I didn't see Ann & Denny and Ann & Terry on the list, sure did hope to see them again.:( And Micheal and Kelly too.

Last edited:

VKTalley

Meet & Greet!!!
I didn't see Ann & Denny and Ann & Terry on the list, sure did hope to see them again.:( And Micheal and Kelly too.

Hi Anita and Wayne,
i am not sure about the other people on your list but Michael and Kelly will be with their son and his family in April for the arrival of their newest grand baby.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Val, yes you are very correct with that statement. However badly we DO want to be there, it is just not in the travel planner this time. As we are heading towards Washington for an hopefully arriving soon, grandson. We will however be at the National Rally in June. We will have to be getting together as the MS/AL Chapter then. Sadly we will not be at the rally:(:(:(!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Sadly, yes, we will miss the rally but gladly so that we can welcome our 3rd grandbaby, Cameron Zachary into our growing family. He is due April 26th....but momma is ready to evict him at anytime! HOC members ZnK1 & ZnK2 are the momma & Papa!

GETnBYE

I do remember and can't blame you for missing the rally. Can't wait for news and pictures of the new grandson.
Yes, a get together in Goshen would be fun fun.
Safe travels everyone and I hope you find diesel cheap. LOL
Can't wait to meet and welcome everyone that will be new to the AL/MS rally.

Val, yes you are very correct with that statement. However badly we DO want to be there, it is just not in the travel planner this time. As we are heading towards Washington for an hopefully arriving soon, grandson. We will however be at the National Rally in June. We will have to be getting together as the MS/AL Chapter then. Sadly we will not be at the rally:(:(:(!

We made our reservations today and we're good to go for arrival late afternoon on 4/25. Looking forward to a fun HL rally in AL! 😄
Glenn

hogan

Dateline- Gulf State Park, Gulf Shores, Alabama We are here on a scouting and testing mission. In spite of what you may have heard, the Sugar Sand Beaches here are not made of sugar, but they are beautiful. Temperature here 77 degrees tomorrow and warming, nice breezes abound. Seafood scrumptios, ate supper at Doc's Seafood Shack in Orange beach tonight. Great locals hangout. Something new on western horizon. Report tomorrow.
And, Denny and Ann Olvany are coming. Got a call from Denny yesterday. Hooray!!!

Last edited:

hogan

Here's the skinny on the western horizon. It seems they have built towers around the park lake that is just west of the campground entrance; and they have something called Zip Lines from the towers. It sounds like just the kind of exuberant activities for our group. If you're game, I am ready. Had lunch today at Doc's Seafood Shack; their lunch specials are yummy and a big meal. maybe we should get a lunch group to head there pre-Rally. They have good strippers.....or maybe that was good stripers. Desota's Seafood Kitchen down on 1st Avenue has a good lunch special also and don't forget about Mikie's on Second Avenue if you shrimp is your favorite. Oh, I almost forgot about Lambert's up at Foley. They can put you in some major pain with their bring around Veggie extras.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
hummm - zip line. Well - let's see how zippy everyone might be???!!!

hogan

Byrd, I don't think the Zip-line would be a good activity after the Lambert's visit. Throwed rolls might be throwed UHHHHHHHH the thought of it.

Lou_and_Bette

Hey Denny and Ann it will be good to see you again. Zip line......I'm game. Can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones on the beautiful gulf coast. Bette

VKTalley

Mmmm. Lambert's. Val and I just had dinner last night at the one in Ozark, Missouri.

Zip Lines? Hmmm...

I definitely would love to visit Lambert's in Foley again! As for the Zip Lines....I don't think so. This girl has a horrible fear of heights. I'll watch from the ground...............................and take pictures!!!! :cool:

GETnBYE

I definitely would love to visit Lambert's in Foley again! As for the Zip Lines....I don't think so. This girl has a horrible fear of heights. I'll watch from the ground...............................and take pictures!!!! :cool:

I'm with you, safe and sound on the ground. Besides, unless there is an elevator, I'm out anyway, Ha Ha

hogan

Tom Mara, a new member from Milton, Florida will be attending his first ever Heartland Rally with us at Gulf State Park. We appreciate Tom choosing our Spring Rally as his first and I know you will all make him welcome to our group.

VKTalley

Tom Mara, a new member from Milton, Florida will be attending his first ever Heartland Rally with us at Gulf State Park. We appreciate Tom choosing our Spring Rally as his first and I know you will all make him welcome to our group.

HURRAH!!! Another newbie at the rally as this is Malcolm and I first rally too! We are in countdown mode for when we leave to head south. Welcome, Tom, to the Heartland Family and the Alamissibamassippi Spring Rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.