EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/25/2013 to 4/28/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Trace, not too late to plan the Texas route first return by northern route. We need a California rig for special honors. Hogan

Last edited:

hogan

Boys and Girls, we are happy to announce our pre-Rally entertainment brought to you in living color and surround sound; The US Navy demonstation team, The Blue Angels, will be performing at Pensacola Navel Air Station on April 23rd and 24th as they practice for their next weekend show. This is just a short drive down the beach from Gulf State Park, admission is free, parking is free, and after the show, you can tour the Air Museum, also free. Last year, we had a great crowd there; we will plan on April 24th for our group outing. Everyone in your vehicle must bring a photo ID to enter the base.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The Blued Angels put on a GREAT show! Been there, done that and got the tee shirt!;)

jbeletti

Boys and Girls, we are happy to announce our pre-Rally entertainment brought to you in living color and surround sound; The US Navy demonstation team, The Blue Angels, will be performing at Pensacola Navel Air Station on April 23rd and 24th as they practice for their next weekend show....

Oh man Hogan, you're killing me :) That show was amazing last year. Wish we could make it but can't do it this year. For anyone "on the fence" about attending this rally - do yourself a favor and "just do it". You'll thank me later - I hope :)

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Saw them last year at Pensacola. I thought their practice session surpassed the many "shows" I have seen over the years. Really great.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Foots - wish we could get there early enough to go. Wonder if I can push Nathan into leav'n 2 days earlier - ummmm. Maybe next year.

Last edited:

VKTalley

Boys and Girls, we are happy to announce our pre-Rally entertainment brought to you in living color and surround sound; The US Navy demonstation team, The Blue Angels, will be performing at Pensacola Navel Air Station on April 23rd and 24th as they practice for their next weekend show. This is just a short drive down the beach from Gulf State Park, admission is free, parking is free, and after the show, you can tour the Air Museum, also free. Last year, we had a great crowd there; we will plan on April 24th for our group outing. Everyone in your vehicle must bring a photo ID to enter the base.

Now I'm going to have to see when Malcolm has us planned to arrived.....I'd love to see the Blue Angels!

jimmar

We signed up for the rally but haven't made reservations yet. I called the park to ask about making reservations for the rally but the girl I talked to didn't know anything about it. Is there a particular person we should make reservations with?

hogan

NOTICE NOTICE
Jim and Marianne, And All others who are heading to the Gulf Shores Rally.
Around March 1st, I will email everyone and post to the Rally thread that it is time to make reservations at Gulf State park for the Rally. I you wish to make your reservations before that- it is okay. The park will gladly do that and take your deposit. The folks you talk to when you reserve probably won't know about our Rally group. It does'nt matter because the park does not do site specific reservations. As we did lastyear, we will be coordinating with park management so that when our folks start arriving at the park, even if you arrive early, you will be located in our Rally loop area. No reason to ask for it ahead of time because they won't commit our area until just prior to the Rally.

hillsonwheels

HO...........GAN............. Cleared with my navigator (read boss) and called the park to change our arrival date to the 23rd. Used an old number I had and the lady (Teresa) assisted but said the reservation number had changed. Were you aware?

One and only time I saw the Blue Angels fly was at Patuxent River, MD in the late 1970s. Took Mom, Dad, son and then wife.....impressive! I traveled to Pensacola NAS a bunch in my job and watched the air museum grow. Haven't been in 20+ years so it should be a hoot.

hogan

Heh Dick, good to see you will arrive early and go for Blue Angels show. Yes, I am aware the reservation number was changed. I changed the number on post #1 and will send that number when I announce it is time for registration. We will see you in a couple of weeks at Williston.

Rodbuster

Fran and I were camping at the Topsail CG a couple of weeks ago and we wanted to take a ride over to Pensacola to watch the Blue Angels practice but were disappointed to find out that they were in California.

Great news that we will get to see them at this rally. Really looking forward to it.
Ya think one of em would let me take a spin around the block??? :angel:

Dick

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yea Judy/Jerry - glad ya'll are coming bbbuuutttt will ya'll be back from AZ???? Are ya'll coming by way of AL?

hogan

Winks and Krussows added to party. just two months to go. WooHoo.

Last edited:

hogan

Just 60 days till the Rally in L.A. Who's up for a group bike ride (Spell that Pedal Power)? Who's up for a Big bike ride? Lou Dick will be our resource for that one. And if you can ride a bicycle, you can participate in the HOC first annual bike race. Some skills required.

Gizzy

Just 60 days till the Rally in L.A. Who's up for a group bike ride (Spell that Pedal Power)? Who's up for a Big bike ride? Lou Dick will be our resource for that one. And if you can ride a bicycle, you can participate in the HOC first annual bike race. Some skills required.

Do you think Lily would be authorized even though hers has an extra wheel?

doxiecouple

Hogan, We ran into some difficulty with delivery of our new San Antonio. The complete interior package was wrong ! Wood trim, fabric, furniture..all wrong. It has since been re-ordered and from talking to Ron at Heartland, all has been verified to be correct now. Still no firm delivery date as of today due to snow at the plant affecting the full body paint process. And, from what I hear on the road conditions it could not be delivered now anyway ! When will be the cutoff for the Gulf Shores Rally? We'd still like to make it if we can. We should get the VIN this week and plan to become members when we do. Wayne and Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.