EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/25/2013 to 4/28/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Wayne and Becky,
Sorry to hear about your delays; but you want what you order. Don't worry about a cut-off date. We will plan on you being there and you can
wait to make your reservation when you are more confident in delivery date. Should not be a problem. Keep us posted. Hogan

doxiecouple

Thanks Hogan. Watching the weather up in Indiana, it could be a week or more ! But, we feel confident that the San Antonio will deliver correctly this time. We plan to become members the day it arrives and get a chance to see it. Wayne and Becky

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hope things work out for ya guys. Of course - show and tell of the new San Antonio is a must.

hogan

Hello AlaMissiBamaSippi Rallyers. March is here and the timing is good to start getting your reservations made with Gulf State Park for the April Rally. When you call don't be concerned with telling them you are with the Heartland group. They do no do site specific reservations and will put us together as we arrive for the Rally. Keep in mind that several will arrive early for pre-fun. Look forward to seeing everyone at the Rally. If not too much trouble, email me at ahcooperii@gmail.com and tell me your arrival date. If you have already made your reservations, that's great. Thank you for being a part of this Rally and See you soon.

Rodbuster

Boys and Girls, we are happy to announce our pre-Rally entertainment brought to you in living color and surround sound; The US Navy demonstation team, The Blue Angels, will be performing at Pensacola Navel Air Station on April 23rd and 24th as they practice for their next weekend show. This is just a short drive down the beach from Gulf State Park, admission is free, parking is free, and after the show, you can tour the Air Museum, also free. Last year, we had a great crowd there; we will plan on April 24th for our group outing. Everyone in your vehicle must bring a photo ID to enter the base.

Not sure, I repeat, "not sure" about this, but I heard today that because of the "budget cuts" that the Blue Angels will not be performing after April 1st, 2013. I don't know if this applies to just shows and not for practicing, but then, if there are no shows, why do you need to practice.
My source is pretty reliable, but I do fall back on "I'm not sure".
Has anybody else heard anything about this?

Dick

jbeletti

I dug up some info on their practices - but of course, it's always subject to change. And this schedule could be old and done before any proposed budget cuts.

Here's a link to the Blue Angels website

Here's a link to a PDF that is their practice schedule.

As of today - looks like they are still on for Pensacola NAS in April as follows:
APRIL 2, 3*, 9, 10*, 16, 17*, 23, 24*, 30
Wednesday practices are marked with an asterisk (*).
The team visits the museum to answer questions and sign
autographs after Wednesday practices.

Rodbuster

Thank you Jim for taking the time to get this information. I would be disappointed and I know others would be also if for whatever reason, we wouldn't get to see them.

Dick

jbeletti

No problem Dick.

I did some other poking around and found a statement that said the practices will continue. I'd rely on a call to the NAS to be certain though.

Hope the show goes on - we won't make it there this year. Have fun!

jayc

Legendary Member
It's a GREAT show! Go if you can, and of course, if they're practicing. Wish we could make it again...

JanAndBill

Looks like we'll already be at Gulf Shores Park with our Sand Mtn Sams group in another section of the park, during the time of the Heartland Rally. Is it possible to attend the Heartland rally if we're not camping with the Heartland group?

hogan

Jan and Bill, yes you can. Absolutely, you can participate in the Rally. Send me your HOC member number and I will post you to the list. Hogan

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Hogan, regretfully, we must cancel our trip to Gulf Shores. Our daughter-in-law is having surgery on the Tuesday before we leave, so we will be watching our granddaughter. Our thoughts will be with everyone. See ya down the road.

hogan

Sorry to hear you won't be with us but we all understand family is the priority. Hope that all goes well. We will look forward to next time. Louisiana will still be well represented. See ya soon
hogan

hogan

T-SHIRTS?????????????

Can we get a quick count on who wants a Spring AlaMissiBamaSippi Rally T-Shirt and what sizes???

I'll start it off, Put Hogan Cooper down for two X-Larges shirts. Sizes available are S, M, L, XL, 2XL.

I will watch the thread. hogan

Status
Not open for further replies.