EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Lake Havasu - 1/10/2017 to 1/15/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaffer

Just wondering what the in and out policy is for those of us who are staying outside the state park but on the rally list.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
PJ:

The Ranger office will have a list of Rally attendees staying elsewhere, those on the list will be allowed to come and go without charge
for the Rally dates...Jan 10 - 15th.....

Doublegranch

We just added Dave & Shelly Melton from UT to our Havasu Waitlist.
They will be flying their balloon in the Balloon Festival...how exciting.
Trace, I understand you will be part of the crew...it is a lot of work but a lot of fun.
I have crewed several times for my friends in Wyo....
Let's keep our fingers crossed we can get you into the Rally.

Doublegranch

In the next few days I should get a list from the Rangers office as to who has responded to the call for payment and who has not.....
Please make sure you call in order to keep your site reservation.

I will attempt to contact each attendee who has not yet confirmed with your payment.

Doublegranch

Please call in for payment on your Rally Site!

We have only 9 attendees that have paid as of this morning!
I have made a column to show who has paid on the first posting next to everyone's name.
The Ranger will give me a drop dead date, but lets not wait until the end. We have attendees on the waitlist.

jbeletti

Hi Garry - got my payments all made for the early days and the rally days. For anyone who's not paid - they're open for payments on today (Sunday).

We arrive Sunday, 8-Jan-2017 and depart Monday, 16-Jan - 8 nights total.

See you in a year! :)

bkdance

Made our payment today, accidentally got talked into staying the night of the 15th by the park. So...we arrive on the 8th and depart on the 16th.

jbeletti

...accidentally got talked into staying the night of the 15th by the park...

Same here! They said most people are leaving Monday so I figured what the heck. This way it gives me flexibility. If I need to leave Sunday, I will consider it my donation to the state of CO :) See you there.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Gary

Paid. Park said check out for everybody was the 16th??? So guess I'm leaving the 16th. Any way, all PAID.

Doublegranch

While normal rally's check out on a Sunday, when we booked the 10-15th, the Park the Ranger booked the rally through Sunday....so yes everyone will be booked from the 10-15.th...
6 nights....

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Jim, aren't you guys going to Brenda on the 15th?

Your right Mike. Will need to call them and change check out date to the 15th and get refund on one night. If they can't do that, then I will call my credit card and canx the hole thing then. Will have to see.

- - - Updated - - -

While normal rally's check out on a Sunday, when we booked the 10-15th, the Park the Ranger booked the rally through Sunday....so yes everyone will be booked from the 10-15.th...
6 nights....

Gary

Rally says check in the 10th and....Jan 15: Sun Check out...Wow that went fast :p, lets do this again soon!:eek: not the 16th. 5 nights not 6

Doublegranch

Jim:

I sent an email to the Ranger that booked this event. I am sure he will work with those that want to depart on Sunday.
I will make a posting after I hear back from him.

Here is one of my original emails to him confirming the dates:
Pete:

I just wanted to say a Big Thank You for helping me out on these dates. I have put out a system email and posted on the Heartland Web site the procedures for any early arrivals or late departures as per your email.

Also just wanted to make a final confirmation on our dates:

Jan 10, 2017 Tuesday check in
Jan 15, 2017 Sunday Check out.

I think in our conversation I stated the 16th, thinking that was Sunday....
We will be there 5 full nights and checking out the morning of the 15th.

In closing, you mentioned that I will assign the sites, which has already taken place. Then you mentioned you will collect from them when they check in. Does that mean when they drive up or when they call in with there deposit? We originally spoke about once the final list was made a few months prior to the Rally you would let me know what month everyone would call into your office with a credit card prior to the Rally. Is this still the procedure?

Garry Gilbert

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Thanks Gary. Hope they can refund the one day. Cindy who I spoke with told me everybody was checking out on Monday not Sunday as I told her that was your check out date listed, so I ended up paying for one extra day.

Doublegranch

Jim:

I understand the confusion as I also was booked through the 16th automatically. I wanted to stay another day anyway. Since I copied Pete in my original email, I think they will accommodate attendees needs...
I didn't intend to sneak an extra night in on anyone....Now I know why I say some emails..

chiefaret

Jim:

I understand the confusion as I also was booked through the 16th automatically. I wanted to stay another day anyway. Since I copied Pete in my original email, I think they will accommodate attendees needs...
I didn't intend to sneak an extra night in on anyone....Now I know why I say some emails..

Gary, I don't know if it means anything to anybody, but I was in Phoenix during this years balloon fest and came back to town on Sunday. The traffic (all roads in and out are two lane, especially going South) was extreme, atrocious, awful, ishy, and any other descriptor you can think of. I think that extra day to let everyone else get out of town so you don't have to fight the traffic would be a good idea, for me anyway. Just saying!

Status
Not open for further replies.