EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Lake Havasu - 1/10/2017 to 1/15/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Steve:

Great update! Thank you very much. I agree with the extra day especially departing south on the two lane road.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Myself, as well as a few others attending this Rally, have reservations starting on the 15th at another location.
This was based on the exit date of the 15th posted at the top of the Rally thread. Thanks, Trace

Doublegranch

Trace:

If you read my previous posts, I am working with the Park to allow those who want to leave on the 15 to do so.
Not sure what the problem is as there is nothing booked for an HOC event following this Rally. I know you have
your private group in Quartzsite and let's see what the Ranger says. The extra day booking was done by the park
not by me.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Trace:

If you read my previous posts, I am working with the Park to allow those who want to leave on the 15 to do so.
Not sure what the problem is as there is nothing booked for an HOC event following this Rally. I know you have
your private group in Quartzsite and let's see what the Ranger says. The extra day booking was done by the park
not by me.

Garry,
Thanks for working that out. I just wanted to make you aware that a group of us are heading off to a campout after this Rally. Reservations had been paid starting on the 15th.Trace

Last edited:

jbeletti

Gary, I don't know if it means anything to anybody, but I was in Phoenix during this years balloon fest and came back to town on Sunday. The traffic (all roads in and out are two lane, especially going South) was extreme, atrocious, awful, ishy, and any other descriptor you can think of. I think that extra day to let everyone else get out of town so you don't have to fight the traffic would be a good idea, for me anyway. Just saying!

That's some good info. Sounds like I'll enjoy my day wrapping things up rather than fighting traffic to get out of the area :) Thanks.

Gaffer

FYI everyone, the RV show in Quartzsite next year runs from January 21st through January 29th.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Garry, I called today and paid our fees. The lady I spoke with insisted that we are under contract for the 10th thru the 16th. I had to talk hard to get her to change my departure date and refund my extra day.

Doublegranch

Mike:

Thanks, I have sent a couple of emails to Pete but he was out of the office for a few days. As soon as he returns, we will get this worked out.
My emails to him were all the 10-15th so it should not be an issue.

Garry

MTPockets

Regarding the Ralley days, Here's a suggestion. It seems an error or misunderstanding or miscommunication has occurred somewhere. I suggest it not be pressed heavily with the park, let Garry work it through. The park really bent over for us to have this time exclusively for our group.. Regardless of where any error lies, I feel it's best for our club to leave good feelings with the park.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Regarding the Ralley days, Here's a suggestion. It seems an error or misunderstanding or miscommunication has occurred somewhere. I suggest it not be pressed heavily with the park, let Garry work it through. The park really bent over for us to have this time exclusively for our group.. Regardless of where any error lies, I feel it's best for our club to leave good feelings with the park.

Terry, I agree that we don't want to be rude or cause any issues. The problem is that they are charging everyone for an extra night.

Ann&Ted

That was an easy reservation. I called to reserve and told them I booked site 36 for the 9th already. The went and just added the rest of the days to my original registration to depart on the 16th.

Doublegranch

Havasu Balloon Festival UPDATE:

I just spoke to Cynthia at the park and she will be making the changes for the Rally dates. Pete is out for a number of days on training and so Cynthia will handle the corrections.

The official Rally dates are Jan 10-15 2017 as booked and Posted. Those who have booked through the 16th, your reservations will not be changed....
Attendees now calling in will be booked departing on the 15th...you can extend but you may have to go through the Reservations system for the extended dates.

Give Cynthia some time to make the change over and perhaps start calling tomorrow....1/28/16 for your payments..928 855 2784

I am sorry there was an issue when calling in for your reservation, however it is being corrected.

We were very fortunate to have obtained the entire park for our Rally, this is the first time they have done this and some hiccups are bound to happen.
Be patient and everything will work out.

- - - Updated - - -

Ted:

Thanks for the update...excited it worked so fast for you! I appreciate Cynthia making an expedient correction.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Are you saying that I can not change my date for leaving to the 15th and get a refund??

Guess I will call and change my departure to the 15th that I wanted then ask for a refund of one night.

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Jim:
You may call in for your one day refund....My comment was if you booked the 16th, you don't have to do anything. However if you booked and didn't want the 16th, just call in and you will get refund.

HOPE that clears it up.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Jim:
You may call in for your one day refund....My comment was if you booked the 16th, you don't have to do anything. However if you booked and didn't want the 16th, just call in and you will get refund.

HOPE that clears it up.

Gary

Thanks for the response. Appreciate all your hard work on this rally. Really looking forward to it.

See ya in a few weeks at Tucson.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Garry, thanks for your work on getting this fixed. I should have confirmed the dates before I gave her my CC info. That may have eliminated the problem. See you in a few weeks.

Doublegranch

Mike:

Safe Travels....I appreciate everyone's support and have a great time in the desert after the Rally.

Quartzsite is 80 miles south that's where we will be camping by dome rock with a group of firemen and cops that I run with.Ya all welcome /mjrach4650/ mike and Jackie

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Rally Payment is Due!!!!
If you have not called in for your Rally payments, please do so NOW!
If for some reason you are not going to attend after reserving a site, let me know ASAP.
We have attendees on the wait list and We need to ensure this Park is 100% full with
Heartland RV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.