EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Lake Havasu - 1/10/2017 to 1/15/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Steve: You are the BEST! Can always count on you and Ginger.

- - - Updated - - -

All Wait listed sites now have been cleared and all sites have been paid for!
Welcome our newest attendees, Carolyn & Wesley Strausser from MN.
They don't know anything about beach parties Margaritaville style, but they do
know how to drink up there!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Garry, I have that big bottle of Spiced Rum that you gave me just before we pulled out of Lazy Dayz KOA on Sunday . . .

Cathy won't let me touch it, so if it survives the two Colorado HOC Rallies this year I'll have it with us at Havasu!

Hey Steve . . . sorry we missed you and Ginger before you left on Sunday, but we'll see you at a rally soon!

- - - Updated - - -

All Wait listed sites now have been cleared and all sites have been paid for!
Welcome our newest attendees, Carolyn & Wesley Strausser from MN.
They don't know anything about beach parties Margaritaville style, but they do
know how to drink up there!

Well, we are just going to have to show them how it is done out here in the wild wild west!

Welcome Carolyn and Wesley . . . you are going to have a blast with this bunch!

Doublegranch

JohnD:

You know you are such a good sport, I am thinking about a new game in your honor "Bull Riding a Hot Air Balloon" Kind of when they land it is a controlled crash
You would be like a little pit bull grabbing it and attempting to wrestle it to a full STOP! Now That would be FUN!

JohnD

JohnD:

You know you are such a good sport, I am thinking about a new game in your honor "Bull Riding a Hot Air Balloon" Kind of when they land it is a controlled crash
You would be like a little pit bull grabbing it and attempting to wrestle it to a full STOP! Now That would be FUN!

Well, I still have the helmet in the trailer, so I guess i'd better bring it with us!

Az_Ernie

Havasu Official Notice:
We will host a "Jimmy Buffet" Margaritaville beach party for our Pot luck with a fish taco bar.
Chapter will provide: Fish, soft tacos, grilled onions & Peppers & Margarita mix

Items requested attendees bring for the Party:
Beans, Coleslaw, Taco sauce, chopped lettuce, graded cheese, hot sauce, Deserts, and any other items that will go with the Theme!
String lights for the beach party, Fire rings, alcohol for the margarita mix.
(Please note, I am not comfortable using Heartlands money for Alcohol, so we need you to provide that item)
Sign up for the items to bring so we don't have an overload of one item. I will post each item on the first thread.
Oh, some attendees have already asked me if Allen Jackson has RSVP for the Margaritaville Party...Hum? Answer to follow

Anyone have a Margarita mixer, please let me know and bring it....Ann Have you down also!

We'll bring Southwest Chopped Salad. Great on fish tacos. Ingredients: chopped cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, green onions and cilantro.

chiefaret

Gary: Originally from MN, I will help Carolyn & Wesley Strausser from MN adapt to the beach party concept. And you are correct, we do know how to drink. And if you keep saying nice things about me, i may bring 2 1.75s.

John D: I had to be back in Havasu by 1400 for Choir practice, so we pulled out a little before 7, and did make it back in time. I talked to the neighbors and told them I would be banging around early and they said it would not bother them. Tried to be quiet, hope I didn't make too much noise!!

MTPockets

Gary: Originally from MN, I will help Carolyn & Wesley Strausser from MN adapt to the beach party concept. And you are correct, we do know how to drink. And if you keep saying nice things about me, i may bring 2 1.75s.

John D: I had to be back in Havasu by 1400 for Choir practice, so we pulled out a little before 7, and did make it back in time. I talked to the neighbors and told them I would be banging around early and they said it would not bother them. Tried to be quiet, hope I didn't make too much noise!!
Steve, you're in the choir? June is too, I sing some.. Maybe we can do a Jimmy Buffet quartet... After those 1.75's we could all sound great!

Doublegranch

You know back in the LEO days, we had choir practice after every shift at 2 AM....Between 3-4 am we all sounded really good!
Hum....wondering if it was the same Choir practice?

chiefaret

Ya we had those as well. But one is not that. Havasu Community Choir concert 3/13 if your gonna be in town;)

- - - Updated - - -

Steve, you're in the choir? June is too, I sing some.. Maybe we can do a Jimmy Buffet quartet... After those 1.75's we could all sound great!

Who is the 4th, and do you have music? After enough tequila probably wouldn't need much practice cause no-one would care;)

MTPockets

Ya we had those as well. But one is not that. Havasu Community Choir concert 3/13 if your gonna be in town;)

- - - Updated - - -

Who is the 4th, and do you have music? After enough tequila probably wouldn't need much practice cause no-one would care;)
Well, maybe we could tweak the Quartet part and go for a Quintet, or even a Sextet, Garry can sing, JohnD, music? I could find something...

MTPockets

Here we go - The Official Lake Havasu Buffett Quartet................. Thanks for volunteering! Steve, Terry, Garry, JohnD

The Song (Start practicing, you have 10 months)

Margaritaville By: Jimmy Buffett - 1977

Nibblin' on sponge cake
Watchin' the sun bake
All of those tourists coveredwith oil
Strummin' my six-string
On my front porch swing
Smell those shrimp they'rebeginnin' to boil

Chorus:
Wastin' awayagain in Margaritaville
Searchingfor my lost shaker of salt
Somepeople claim that there's a woman to blame
ButI know it's nobody's fault

I don't know the reason
I stayed here all season
Nothin' to show but this brandnew tattoo
But it's a real beauty
A Mexican cutie
How it got here I haven't a clue

Chorus:
Wastin'away again in Margaritaville
Searchin'for my lost shaker of salt
Some peopleclaim that there's a woman to blame
Now I think
****,it could be my fault

I blew out my flip-flop
Stepped on a pop-top
Cut my heel had to cruise onback home
But there's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction thathelps me hang on

Chorus:
Wastin' away again in Margaritaville
Searchingfor my lost shaker of salt
Somepeople claim that there's a woman to blame
But I know it'smy own **** fault
Yesand some people claim that there's a woman to blame
And I know it'smy own **** fault

JohnD

I've never been much of a singer, but after that wild horsey ride down in Tucson, my voice is now to high to do any good! :eek:

I do have that song on CD and vinyl 45 rpm, however!! :D

MTPockets

I've never been much of a singer, but after that wild horsey ride down in Tucson, my voice is now to high to do any good! :eek:

I do have that song on CD and vinyl 45 rpm, however!! :D
. John, that's perfect! You got what you need and we have a volunteer to sing Tenor... How great is that?!

Mrsfish

Shoot- with all the margaritas being passed, you guys will sound fantastic. Besides I'm sure all of the parrot heads will be joining you in voice. But I do like the theme of all of the paradise shirts in our cove!

JohnD

Shoot- with all the margaritas being passed, you guys will sound fantastic. Besides I'm sure all of the parrot heads will be joining you in voice. But I do like the theme of all of the paradise shirts in our cove!

I think I got rid of my paradise shirts along with my leisure suit!

Status
Not open for further replies.