EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Tucson - 2/23/2016 to 2/28/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Just got in and settled, will do the tourist bit for a few days before the start of the Rally. Doug

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Doug & Lynne:
Welcome to Arizona! We are all excited to meet our friends from the North. I wish I knew you were checked in, I just left the resort this morning after the final walk through and getting the welcome bags ready.
By they way did you get one yet? The desk is to give one to each attendee on check in....If not I will get you one on Monday when I arrive.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well . . . I've been workin' on getting the trailer ready for our departure tomorrow morning.

Got the trailer dewinterized so we can have running water . . . loaded up all of the DJ equipment I plan to bring (hope I didn't forget anything :p ) . . . got all of the camping stuff loaded . . . still have to get my clothes and other stuff like that together tonight . . . then hookup in the morning and roll out!

We plan on stopping in Raton, NM tomorrow night, then on to Elephant Butte, NM for two nights . . . then we'll roll in to the Rally on Monday early afternoon.

See you on Monday!

Doublegranch

JohnD & Cathy:

Safe Travels! Can't wait to see you both. Enjoy the trip and give me a call if you need anything.
I will arrive early Monday morning and just park off to the side until my site is ready.
The Resort is doing a fabulous job for the Rally! You are going to love the facilities and all they are
allowing us to use in the way of Meeting Rooms and the Pot Luck area.

Kathi from Colo is bring lots of Fireball and cinnamon Whiskey, lots of wine and who know what else...I guess she found out the group
likes anything sprinkled with alcohol.

Be Safe, see you both in a few days!!!!!!!!!

BE Watchful at the resort in Elephant Butte....The late night security isn't very good and when staying there after CC Rally, Rick had his large mud flaps
taken off his truck.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Got my rig out of storage today and while backing up in front of the house the wife noticed something wrong with the rear tire on the door side. Got of the truck and low and behold have a very large bubble on the inside of the tire. So call around to find 4 new tires and get them on tomorrow. Had Goodyear Marathons on and went with Maxxis this time. So when I get to Tucson will have new shoes on the rig.

Thank god the wife was good eyes.

Doublegranch

Jim: What a blessing to find it in your driveway vs the highway!
Safe Travels! Can't wait to meet you both....

chiefaret

I think folks are going to like this KOA. Had a get together of old retired folks last night in Tucson, and old friend told me he is staying at Lazy Days and it is a great park. Clean, well laid out, and secure. So looking forward to getting there, albeit a day late.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Garry, 2 things. Carl and I are leaving in the morning. Also how late is the office open as we wont be there until early evening. We figure about 9 hours or so of driving...500+ miles from here.

Doublegranch

Bob & Carl:

The office is open until 7 pm....after that the guard at the gate will have your names and site numbers and will direct you to the site. You can then check in the next morning.
Safe Travels....can't wait to meet everyone.....

Doublegranch

Update: Rodeo Day

We have had 12 cancelations for the Rodeo and Charter bus.
All these have been paid for as there are no refunds. One attendee was refunded since the date was far enough out to re sell his tickets.
Since that time, the others have been very short notice. As mentioned in the initial posting, this is a charter and tickets were paid in full by me
prior to everyone's participation. So no refunds will be made.

Most of the attendees have gifted their tickets and so far we have gifted three couples for free attendance to the Rodeo and Charter bus.

I have 5 tickets left to be gifted....two tickets will include the Charter bus and the balance you will have to drive to the Rodeo fairgrounds
which is about 5 miles away form the KOA.

I will make an announcement at the Rally on each evening prior to the Rodeo to give these ticket out. If you are interested, let me know at the
Rally, not on this THREAD. It has become a nightmare to try to keep up with the cancellations and keep the posting current.
So if interested, just see me at the Rally....Thank you to all who have gifted their tickets and for those requesting a refund, I hope you understand.

See you in a couple of days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Safe Travels.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
All loaded up.........new shoes on the rig...........leaving 6am in the morning........see ya there

Everyone have a safe trip........

JohnD

We are in Raton, NM for the night . . .

Tomorrow we are going to stop in Elephant Butte, NM for two nights, then we will arrive at the Rally on Monday.

Can't wait to see and meet everybody!

Doublegranch

Welcome Carolyn & Wesley to the Tucson Rodeo Rally and Thanks for the Text message!
They are from MN and staying in Tucson and would like to join in the Rally festivities.
Can't wait to meet you both. See you on Tuesday.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
John, we are in Elephant Butte tonight and it is great weather. We met several CO folks here who are snowbirds. We are headed to Eastern AZ for the weekend. See you Mon. and safe travels. We fought the bad head winds from Trinidad to Albuquerque yesterday and mileage was not good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blacke06

Garry Would like to attent the Rally in Tucson We are staying longer due to a doctor appointment and would love to get to know more Heartland Owners and compare notes. Thank you Garry Carolyn Strausser

Last edited:

JohnD

Soundz like we are a day behind you!

It was pretty windy today as well, although nowhere near as bad as yesterday.

We will be staying at Monticello RV Park near Elephant Butte Lake.

See you Monday!

Mrsfish

Everybody drive safe! We can hardly wait for this rally to begin!! It's cooled off a bit- so bring your jackets. Supposed to only be in the low 80s all week..and a full moon to boot!

Doublegranch

We are all excited for this Rally to start...Just spoke to Nancy Cummins and her leg will be fine for travel tomorrow.
You guys are only 15 miles from my ranch. Wish I knew you all were at Quail Ridge, I would have had you up.
So for the Mungle's, Philbrooks, Cummins....Next time let me know and we can start this party early!
See you all tomorrow....I am packing up today and the girls are with me every step...they will not be left behind!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.