EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CA, Oroville - 3/19/2010 to 03/21/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Thanks Larry!
So glad you guys are coming up north! The park is pretty small so no matter where you are, it's not far to the other sites or the clubhouse. I'm bringing firewood, so if it's not raining we can have a campfire night. Stay tuned for more details... :)

slmayor

Rich and Barb, we'd love to have you! The info for the park is on the first posting for the thread. You'll need to call and make reservations as soon as you can. Tell them your with Debra Duryee. They are not terribly sharp in the office, so don't be alarmed if they seem confused. I'm heading down there for the new year, so will have another talk with them when I get there. :) Its a small park, so no matter where they put you, you're not far away.

There will be more details posted after the first of January. Lots of new (to us) attendees for this rally. Should be loads of fun.

wazz_zup

Excellent, we'll be there! I'll call tomorrow and get-er locked in. Arriving as of now on 3-19 and leaving on the 21st. Looks like a nice park. This will be our first rally, so go easy on us!

wazz_zup

I called the 800 #, got right through, told him we were the Duryee party and it's a done deal. He said they'll have an area roped off for us. Looking forward to it. Now, who's ready for a mudslide?;).

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Me! Oh Me! I make them. I drink them. They're good!:p
I think Deb likes them too...
Kristy

NorthCal Bob

Heartland Rally Oroville

We would like to attend the rally also and have signed up with the campground, we are assigned space #24. Please add us to your list, we are looking forward to the rally and have attended Jackson and Buellton Rallies this year. We will be arriving on the 18th and leaving on the 22nd.

slmayor

Thanks all for letting me know. Out of town at the moment. Will have more details when I get back next week.

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
Hi Deb,
Art & I have made reservations to attend your rally and will be staying for one week, arriving 3/18 & departing on 3/25. However, we still don't know for sure if we will make it because we may be attending our Grandaughters' 1st birthday party that weekend (parents may be changing date of party). We made the reservation anyway so we would at least have a space reserved and it's only a $10. cancellation fee if we can't make it. Hoping we'll make it there.

Art should have known better to reply under my user name, no one knows him by "Trailer Trash" LOL :eek::D

Hi,
We have made reservations for Oroville arriving 3/18 for 7 nights. Space 23. ;)

Art and Teresa

slmayor

Thanks for posting guys! We now have 9 rigs already (8 HL's and an SOB) and a couple more that should call in this week. If anyone else is thinking of going, it would be great if you could call in for reservations this next week. They only charge a $10 fee if cancelled 48 hours or more in advance.
I just returned today from our New Year's trip there and we had a great time. I'm thinking of some activities for us and need input from those attending.
The campground put in two very nice horseshoe pits and I was thinking that a tourney might be fun if the weather was good. There are also two wineries in the area that are open by appointment, Lake Oroville visitors center, the Chinese temple museum that has the largest display of chinese artifacts in the US and a golf course in Oroville as well as Chico (20 miles away). There is also a pool table within the clubhouse, so a pool tournament is also possible. Ideas anyone? Any favorites?

wazz_zup

We'd love to do the wineries. I like to shoot pool, a little horeshoes. Maybe check out the Chinese temple museum.

slmayor

I have listed in the rally info posting all that I have confirmed reservations for. If you have made reservations and you aren't on the list, can you pleae let me know via PM or posting?
Thanks!
I am also putting together a winery tour for Quilici Vineyards and Long Creek Winery. Both are boutique wineries with private tours and tastings available by appointment. Right now I will plan for a Saturday outing. Probably around 1:00? Both are nearby. Any other thoughts?

slmayor

Kristy that's great! Ray won't taste wine either, but he'll drive...LOL
Between just the 2 trucks we can seat 12.
Now I need a director for the Horseshoe tournament. Any takers?

slmayor

Volunteers Needed and Questions of attendees

Volunteers needed...
I could use someone to make up the name tags if they have the equipment?

We have two wineries close by and will do tours and tasting on Saturday. Do any have a particular time you'd like to go? I have to schedule one and the other opens at 11:30. I was thinking around 12:00, so there was time to do both and get back for the potluck. We will have a couple non-wine drinker drivers as well. Cost for the one winery will be $3, with it credited toward any purchase.
Would any of the wine lovers be interested in a light up LED wine glass for $6 ea or 2 for $10? They are acrylic, hand wash. Thought they might be a fun souvenir. WIll need to order by the middle of Feb.

Any other input is welcome!

slmayor

Whoo Hoo!!! We're up to 12 rigs! Tripled from our very first rally in 2008!
Thank you all for planning to attend this rally. It looks like we will have a great time in Oroville.

dbarnard

Deb,
Judy and I cannot make the rally but since I have the equip. to do it I would be glad to make the name tags for you.
DaleB

Status
Not open for further replies.