EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Central City - 9/24/2015 to 9/27/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hey Monica . . . did you guys check out the tunnels for height on Hwy 6 when you drove up to Camp Hale last week?

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
John, we did not drive that route...and we have not been able to find any height info from CDOT pertaining to these tunnels!!
I'm hoping someone knows this info and will send it to us :)

JohnD

I may take a drive up that way in the next week or so and check them out.

Semi trucks drive up that road, so I'm sure the tunnels are high enough for our trailers . . . but I'll find out for sure soon!

dwpkdavis

We camped at this KOA last year and took our Big Horn up through the tunnels and had no issues. (We did drive it with a car first to verify.) We found it to be not as steep at going up I-70. Wasn't bad getting thru the towns.

JohnD

We camped at this KOA last year and took our Big Horn up through the tunnels and had no issues. (We did drive it with a car first to verify.) We found it to be not as steep at going up I-70. Wasn't bad getting thru the towns.

I've pulled our previous bumper-pulls through there . . . I like to take that route to I-70 instead of Floyd Hill (which I call 'The Truck Killer').

If we like this KOA we might just start going there more frequently for when we want to camp, but don't want to drive for hours to get to camp!

Are you coming to this Rally?

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
John:

I called the RV Resort about a site number as some had them and some not....was told sites issued were in error and they would not assign sites until later...
So guess we will know when we arrive.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Terry:

Way to go.....Can't wait to see you and June.....by the way my new truck is shipping on Aug 3 and it will take aprox 2 weeks by train to get here....Can't wait...
Not sure how you got a site number....the owner told me they desk was not to issue them....go figure...
Garry

- - - Updated - - -

Just called the resort and spoke to Sharon....she gave me site 19....

John....call in and Sharon will give you a site number...

JohnD

Just signed up for this Rally.... Coming in 9/23 .. Site 18 ..... See you all there! Terry& June

Alright! Can't wait to see you guys agsin!

- - - Updated - - -

Terry:

Way to go.....Can't wait to see you and June.....by the way my new truck is shipping on Aug 3 and it will take aprox 2 weeks by train to get here....Can't wait...
Not sure how you got a site number....the owner told me they desk was not to issue them....go figure...
Garry

- - - Updated - - -

Just called the resort and spoke to Sharon....she gave me site 19....

John....call in and Sharon will give you a site number...

I'll try calling later . . .

I'm on my third day of jury duty and am on our lunch break!

Can't wait to see your new truck!

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
As of today, August 6, all attendees have been assigned a site number. If yours has changed and you have a concern you need to contact Bill Haynes (wagon master) and not the KOA.
I am still looking for a few more volunteers for the Poker Run game on Saturday afternoon.
Tour to Coors Brewery has been scheduled for Friday 1:30. We will car pool from campground. Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:

Mrsfish

Rick is coming! He is tagging with Garry. We will call the koa tomorrow and make the reservation. Please sign him up for the Coors tour. I'm so jealous I can't see straight- I know you guys will have a blast!

JohnD

Rick is coming! He is tagging with Garry. We will call the koa tomorrow and make the reservation. Please sign him up for the Coors tour. I'm so jealous I can't see straight- I know you guys will have a blast!

Party time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtnspet

Bill wants to be included on the coors tour and we will be bringing chocolate brownies for dessert for the potluck. Looking forward to seeing everyone, Bill and DeAnna

Status
Not open for further replies.