EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, Williston - 3/22/2013 to 3/24/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
bimmy;

Thanks for joining us. We're looking forward to meeting you and Jean. I need a little info since I can't pull up other chapters rosters. Please send me your name and HOC # so we can list you as attendees. You are going to be amazed at this RV resort. It has some of the nicest features, man made and natural.

jjriker

Harry and Jessica;

Yes I got the PM and thanks. It's geat that you are already there. That new back part is starting to look good. I was there this weekend just looking around, but didn't know you were there then. Looks like it's gonna be a blast in Williston!!!

We aren't actually there yet...will be there for the month of March. :) It sure looks like a great place - we are really excited. And happy that we are going to be there to join you guys for all the festivities!!

JJnVA

Mickey,
Just made our reservations for site #254, arriving on 3/21. Looking forward to seeing everyone again....we really enjoyed the 2012 Spring Rally.
HOC #1689

MICKEY

Jack and Judy;

Looking forward to seeing you guys again, especially in such a nice place. See you there.

MICKEY

Thanks Tim and Jean Mai for joining us. We hope to warm you up a bit while you are here. Since you are thinking about joining the CLUB, I just wanted to make you aware that everyone who attends a Heartland Rally will never be the same. You will make new friends that will last a lifetime, use facial muscles while smiling that may not have been excercised much lately, and take home some great memories. One cautionary note...It can become habbit forming. Looking forward to seeing you there.

RB2012

Mickey,

I should know better than to let my other half (husband) on the computer. Our HOC# is 2203.
This is our first Heartland rally and we are looking forward to meeting everyone, learning a lot and
just having fun.

Richard & Bonnie Waltman (from NJ)

ljsexton

Mickey,

Just made our reservations. Will be arriving on 3/21 and leaving on 3/25. We were given site #258 in the new section. Looking forward to the FL rally since we had such a great time last year.

Toccoatravelers

we have made our reservations at the williston Crossing RV Park, we are in site 243 and plan to arrive on March 21st. , How do I register for the Rally? what is my next step.

Just got our HOC#2354

Thanks for your help.
Steve and Patti Lester
Toccoa, GA

Last edited:

MICKEY

Steve and Patti Lester
Mac and Renae Shea
Tommy and Linda Sexton

Thanks for joining us at our March Rally. We're really looking forward to it. We're at the Tampa Super Show with Jim and lots of great Heartland friends, and didn't get back to you quickly. Looks like another great Rally shaping up with everyone's help.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Mickey,

Sure hope you can handle a couple more Heartlanders. Carol and I got ahold of the campground this morning, and according to them we got the last site (other than grass) available for that weekend. We'll be coming in on Thursday the 21st and must leave on Sunday the 24th (someone else has our spot beginning then). If I don't see you at the TAMPA RV show tomorrow or Sunday, I'll see you in March.

Keith

MICKEY

Keith;

Sure can. Looking forward to having you and Carol at our show. It was nice seeing you at Tampa this weekend. See you again soon

MICKEY

Big Announcements for Williston Rally;

It's time to start laying out more details for This rally. First off at Tampa, I met the new owner of Weigh-It. This is a portable scale service that would like to come to Rally and weigh coaches for the group. He would be set up before rally and you could get your weight before you set up. This is a really cool service, especially since you could get it done before set up. If anyone is interested I need to know pretty soon so we can make arrangements. The cost is $50 for 5th wheels. He is also interested in giving a seminar on tires, weight in our coaches, and related safety issues. For those of you who haven't had this done before or on current coach, this is a big safety issue, and one of the biggest causes of tire failure, spring and suspension problems, and handling problems. I would really encourage everyone to know your weight. Florida Randy had this gentleman do his rig the other day and he can probably vouch for the service. If there is not much interest we may not invite him.

Also Troy from Mobile Outfitters is coming to the Rally on Saturday to give a seminar/discussion on what services they offer. Mobile Outfitters is the Lippert Mobile Group that can install level up systems, pin boxes, brake systems, suspension systems, safety systems, ect. We are fortunate enough to have them there, and if you have any questions about your level up system, or want to have one installed these are the gurus.

Next...Since we are having a pot luck dinner on Friday night we need to get some idea on what people would like to bring. Just drop me a note and I'll post on the main page, post # 1, so there won't be a lot of dups. OK it that note; we have a catered BBQ dinner Saturday night. I would like to have the left over deserts from Friday night to be served Saturday night as well. You ladies make some of the best deserts and we usually have enough for Saturday night as well, so don't throw them away!!!

hillsonwheels

The hillsonwheels and flyingdutchman decided to do a recon on the Williston RV resort. Though it is on the chilly side 32F yesterday and 42F this morning, we are enjoying the CG. We both have back in spaces which were tight to get into. Both had an excellent CG supplied guide which made it easier. We'll be here until next tuesday and plan to scope out the area and get to know the CG better. I haven't been around to the new section yet but hear they may be a little behind sked to totally open it up.

Looking forward to March.

Dick

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
As Hillson wheels mentioned, we are presently at Williston Crossing. It is a nice park, and shows the potential of being a great park. The new expansion is absolutely jaw dropping. No way that it will be completed by our rally date, but that said they are using sites in the new section that are ready. We are presently in a site that I honestly will say was the most demanding in terms of parking that I have ever experienced. It was a 90 degree back-in that was limited in swing because of a 10 inch high concrete curb on the road. I had a very helpful campground worker that kept me from jamming the right front tire against the curb while parking, but I will say that our 39 feet 6 inches in 5er length was the absolute maximum that would fit this site. The good news is that not all sites are like this. There are pull-throughs available, and the new section shows major improvement in site design and spacing. But the roads are all paved, the sites are concrete, and the staff very friendly and accommodating. Mickey will have another "out of the park" home-run with this rally. Plan to come.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Unfortunately I had to cancel my reservation at Williston due to open heart surgery and I will not be released to travel that soon. I'll miss seeing my friends but I'll be back in action by April and still have reservations for Waynesville, NC. Williston charged me a full nights fee for cancelling but I have no choice. Hope you all have a great rally and great weather. Ken

MICKEY

Ken;

So sorry your not going to be able to make it. I'll check on reservation cost for you. Maybe we can do something, especially if someone else takes your spot. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.