EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Southaven - 6/1/2012 to 6/3/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
FLASH - CHANGE IN THE SCHEDULE ;). Saturday's potluck dinner has been cancelled. The rally is now having a catered BBQ dinner from Boss Hog BBQ - YEAH. The only thing that you will have to bring is your drinks. With Saturday's dinner now being catered, let's change the Friday night Meet-N-Greet, asking everyone to bring an appetizer to share.

Don't forget about the Community Service Project - St. Judes Children's Research Hospital Gift Program. We ask that you pick one item from the list to bring to the Rally. Linda & Bobby Eanes will be delivering these to the Hospital for the Rally.

Nabo

Just heard from ArchBarb (Archie and Barb Prince) who had to cancel the rally. Between the economy and fuel prices, it's hard on everyone. Hope to see them soon at a future rally.

With that said, now we have an opening if anyone else would like to come. Just let us know.

Bobemuzzy

Nathan
My name is Bob Mansolino and me and my wife (Barbara) belong to the Miss/Alabama heartland chapter. We would like to come to your rally. My email address is Bobemuzzy@gmail.com . Please let up know asap so we can make are plans.

Thanks
Bob Mansolino

jimtoo

Hi Bob and Barbara,

Welcome to the posting side of the forum. You will meet some great folks at the rally and I'm sure there will be plenty of food.

I'm sure Nathan will contact you soon.

Jim M

Nathan
My name is Bob Mansolino and me and my wife (Barbara) belong to the Miss/Alabama heartland chapter. We would like to come to your rally. My email address is Bobemuzzy@gmail.com . Please let up know asap so we can make are plans.

Thanks
Bob Mansolino

Nabo

Bob/Barbara - come on up (I guess in your case). Just talked with the campground and they said they will hold you a spot. They are closing the office at 6 today (central time) and open up at 8 in the morning. Just let us know that you have made the reservations.
I think we meet ya'll this past weekend at Pine Mountain. In fact I think I have a picture of ya'll from Friday night introductions.

Bobemuzzy

Nabo

My wife and I (Bob & Barb Mansolino ) will not be going on the Memphis tour. Will you please email me ( Bobemuzzy@gmail.com ) what is happening with the St Jude Children's Hospital.
So you all at the rally.

Nabo

Not a problem about going on the tour because of the dog. I have emailed you the list for the St Judes Children Research Hospital Gift list. Please let us know if you did not get it.

WOW - less than 3 weeks til the Rally. Gosh time is flying. If anyone has any questions, please give us a holler.

ncc1701e

Re: EVENT: TN/KY Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Southaven - 6/1/2012 to 6/3/2012

Yes we are planning on going on Thursday sometime around 12. I have never been there before but am willing to try it. I think Linda has some extra money she wants me to lose. Really looking forward to this.

Lee, we will be in on Tuesday staying through Monday. We'll head down to Tunica with the group. I'll have to hide all the credit cards and cash from Millie though.

Tom

Nabo

Thanks Tom - I absolutely forgot about the pre-rally adventure to Tunica. If anybody wants to be included on the day trip, just respond here so everyone will know who wants to go.

Tennessee Chapter Heartland Owner Club Lantern - Jerry Winkle will be doing a workshop for those who would like to make a TN HOC lantern out of a 5 gallon bucket. They are really cool especially at night when it lit. What we need is a head count of who wants to make one so that we will have enough supplies on hand. There will be a cost (somewhere around $20-$25 because of the TN Chapter decals and the light supplies) but not sure of the total at this time.
View attachment lantern.bmp

Finally - I might be asking for help on Thursday when I get to the campground. Nathan's work might have him in another state that week so I will be bringing the Grey Ghost in by myself with the help of my co-pilot BamBam. Pulling the coach isn't the problem, setup might be!! So if someone is around the cg just waiting to have something to do Thursday afternoon, I might be asking for your assistance. Nathan will be flying in either Thursday night or sometime on Friday so a trip to the airport also might be order.

Thanks
Byrd

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
We would like to go to Tunica, The lantern sounds like a good idea to me. Since we are orphans with no chapter in Indiana and growing up in West Tennessee, count us in. If you need someone to go pickup Nathan let me know I would be glad to help. We will be there on Wednesday. Cant wait to meet everyone

Nabo

Thanks - might have to take you up on your offer. Will let you know soon.

Nabo

15 more days - Whoopee.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Nabo

Dick and Fran Bernard will also be joining us for the Rally. Due to the campground being full, they will be camping off site but plan on participating with the group. Everyone please welcome them and make them feel at home cuz they will be homeless at the cg.

Nabo

John - I have sent you the list by email. Please let me know if you can't open it.

hillsonwheels

BUMMER :(:(...................We are both unhappy that we've had to make the decision to cancel another rally! Ms Reta still is not hitting on all eight cylinders. So it is with regret we will call the CG tomorrow and cancel our reservation. Hopefully there is another couple that can step up on short notice and fill our spot. Sorry to miss out on more fun and foolishness. Have fun ya'll and safe travels to all making the journey to Southaven.

Dick

Nabo

Sorry to hear that Reta is still not feeling well and sad that we will all miss the "hillsonwheels". Dick - please give Reta a big hug from all of us.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Dick and Fran Bernard will also be joining us for the Rally. Due to the campground being full, they will be camping off site but plan on participating with the group. Everyone please welcome them and make them feel at home cuz they will be homeless at the cg.

Keep an eye on Dick. "Loaned" him my Visa card for the "scavenger" hunt at the Pine Mountain rally and although he gave me my card back, there are several new charges on it recently. Strange thing, all the charges are for items we added to our "safety" list and just happen to work for my Key Largo. I'm telling Faye that perhaps Dick is buying stuff on my Visa card. Don't think she is believing me but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL Ken

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084

Count us in on the bucket idea. We will be glad to help out on the set up also. Don't know much about those fancy doo dads called auto leveling but do know about sewer and water hoses. We just got back from a Great Samboree and leaving Thursday for Long Branch COE for fishing then on to Southhaven. Really looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.