EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Mt. Airy, NC - 10/1/2010 to 10/3/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

davebennington

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NC, Mt. Airy - 10/1/2010 to 10/3/2010

When a subject comes in later than everyone else they are rated on their becking into the camp site . Usually with placards held high with a 1 to 10 rating displayed. NOBODY gets a 10 across the board.

Dave

Jim & Harriet

and here I thought as long as we did not hit anything or anyone it would be a 10!
kind of like "any landing is a good landing!" :angel:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Hum - backing skills score cards. Haven't thought of that - glad we are coming in late night while everyone is sleeping.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

---Quote (Originally by Nabo)---
Hum - backing skills score cards. Haven't thought of that - glad we are coming in late night while everyone is sleeping.
---End Quote---

Dont feel left out...I will be up :D

SouthernNights

---Quote (Originally by PSF513)---
I can certainly do that. Shall I bring just plain white paper with markers, cardboard stock, or would you prefer something a little fancier?

Larry seems glad Deb is attending but, considering the source, I'm very much OK with that. I still get to abuse Larry, see Sam, *and see a lot of our friends*. We are really looking forward to attending.
---End Quote---

Friends?View attachment 9552

MrsSouthernNights

---Quote (Originally by Nabo)---
---End Quote---
Nathan, We have LED flashlights that will show late arrivals their score!!! LOL (I will be up too!)

jimtoo

Well,,, since a lot folks can't be there,,, why not video the parking event and post it on Heartland's Facebook page. Then we could all see it.... maybe even score the event also. :D :D

SouthernNights

yeah Jim, just what this bunch needs...encouragement!!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

When Pete was backing in at Hatteras I couldn't decide on a score so I gave him a

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

I think he wound up with a pretty high score........55 is good isn't it?

PSF513

Yea, 55 is great except when you recall that 52 of those points were style points for my truck license plates

Jim & Harriet

are there other events as well ... ie: timed electrical, cable, water and sewer conneting?
think of the style points that those could generate:angel:

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader

---Quote (Originally by Jim & Harriet)---
are there other events as well ... ie: timed electrical, cable, water and sewer conneting?
think of the style points that those could generate:angel:
---End Quote---
Now that is a very good idea.Thanks Jim we will have to see if we can work up a contest like that. The winner gets to dump everyone elses sewer.LOL

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

---Quote (Originally by trdeal)---
Now that is a very good idea.Thanks Jim we will have to see if we can work up a contest like that. The winner gets to dump everyone elses sewer.LOL
---End Quote---

Ouch! Terry I think you've been struck! You've got "Bill40 Syndrome". Ain't that right Bill?

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader

---Quote (Originally by dbylinski)---
Ouch! Terry I think you've been struck! You've got "Bill40 Syndrome". Ain't that right Bill?
---End Quote---
Deb, I think I remember the story of how you guys meet Bill at dinner one night.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

---Quote (Originally by trdeal)---
Deb, I could be wrong but,I think I remember the story of how you guys meet Bill at dinner one night. Am I correct?
---End Quote---
You are right Terry and I stand corrected. Bill40 Syndrome is defined as "everyone in the CG enjoys when Bill dumps HIS during your dinner"!!

So sorry Bill, I couldn't resist. Get yourself better so you can sit around with us and defend your position! If a defense is possible?????? (Love ya Pop)

jgoddardg

I'd rather pass on the rating - just let us come in incognito - guess I can wrap the BH in dark wrapping paper and disguise it as a UPS van? Y'all wouldn't dare rate a UPS driver, would you?

Jim & Harriet

timed sewer connecting - maybe, dumping ... not so much ...

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader

Hey ya'll;

Hope that greeting will allow entry to your fine family gathering. My wife and I just made reservations with CG and are looking forward to meeeting everyone. We will arrive 9-30 and depart 10-3. We have a 3585 BH and measures 40' from pin box to bike rack. How many points are deducted for pull ups when backing:)?. Hope they have pull throughs:). We are originally from central NC and miss the mountains especially in the fall. We will pay extra for fried apple pies, locals know the kind. Dried apples, tender crust, fried in a skillet with just a hint of lard. I know the Brushy Mt festival is same weekend. Looking so forward to it.

Mickey and Bonnie

Status
Not open for further replies.