EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, Clermont* - 05/21/2010 to 05/23/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
John says you've got a choice between two cities. Phila or DC. Seems to think that 81 to 66 to 495 to 95 (USE ALTERNATE ROUTE FOR PROPANE at the Harbor Tunnel in Baltimore) across Delaware Memorial Bridge would be the best time wise. We travel that route but only as far as Route 29 in VA. We have not gone as far as 81. Campground is about 3 -3 1/2 hours from DC. E-mail John (f250dieseldad@msn.com) with questions.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
To me it doesn't matter what they drive - I've got AAA!

Jon, we can still find a place for Y'all. Just say the word! We are only a "yonder" away. (Still don't know the exact distance of a yonder but I'll search the internet until I find it)

Gus don't pick on my papa!
Deb, A "yonder"is not near as "fur" as a way over "yonder".

porthole

Retired
So now we have to ask - what is the
best / easiest way to travel to the campground from here in Southwest Virginia? Our son lives in Philadelphia
and we typically drive North on I-81 then East on I-76. But we would love to avoid the city if we can.
Thanks for any help ...
J & H & M
ps: we have never been to the area so we would be interested in all side trips = even to Atlantic City!

Ever hear the term "can't get there from here"?

It will feel like that going to south jersey.

Several options. Whatever you plan, if you come near DC try and plan it around rush hour.

a) 95 to Wilmington, DE to 295 north, to 322 west to 55
b) take 81 to Frederick Maryland and then head to Baltimore, 95 north
c) 81 to the DC exit, circle around the southern end of DC and head for Annapolis. 301 north to Wilmington, and then 95 as above.
d) Head to Annapolis as above but then head to Lewes, DE and take the Cape May Ferry. You'll save a little over 50 miles but have a $70 toll (ferry) and add about 1.5 hours total.

Really depends how much you like to drive interstates.

Since you have never been here - AC is a must as well as Cape May. And Wildwood has huge beaches, free too, which is a rarity in New Jersey (AC is the only other free beach).

Jim & Harriet

Ever here the term "can't there form here? ... hummmmm.... we feel that way when we go almost anywhere that does not intersect directly with I-81!

We will leave early on Thursday and really hope to avoid rush time.

for a, b and c - we will check the mapquest details for each.

a) 95 to Wilmington, DE to 295 north, to 322 west to 55
b) take 81 to Frederick Maryland and then head to Baltimore, 95 north
c) 81 to the DC exit, circle around the southern end of DC and head for Annapolis. 301 north to Wilmington, and then 95 as above.

d) Head to Annapolis as above but then head to Lewes, DE and take the Cape May Ferry. You'll save a little over 50 miles but have a $70 toll (ferry) and add about 1.5 hours total.
Not planning the ferry for this time - but someday...

Really depends how much you like to drive interstates. - not a problem

Since you have never been here - AC is a must as well as Cape May. And Wildwood has huge beaches, free too, which is a rarity in New Jersey (AC is the only other free beach). all sounds great!

Jim & Harriet

we have the toll-pay gadget, so we will get them all as one bill ... :-(
just looking forward to seeing everyone and looking at the ocean... :)

DW_Gray

Hi all,

I just sent an email to Avalon Campground for a reservation to this Rally. I hope you don't mind having a couple of Heartland Owners from the Southern California Chapter.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Dave,

We would be delighted to have you join us. WooHoo! Talk about furthest traveled! You win! Please follow up with Avalon because there are only a few sites left in the rally area.

bill40

Hi all,

I just sent an email to Avalon Campground for a reservation to this Rally. I hope you don't mind having a couple of Heartland Owners from the Southern California Chapter.

Hi Dave, This will be great we can compare notes on the trip across country, we spent 4 months at Valencia Travel Village last year. Had a great stay out there. We have family in Simi Valley. Look forward to meeting you.

cjhicks

Hello Deb, Just made a reservation with the Campground will be arriving 5/21 departing 5/23. We will be on Site P1, looking forward to seeing everyone also I was told that a Campfire is permitted on that site so if you want to have a fire we can have it on our site.

DW_Gray

Thanks Debbie and Bill. I confirmed the reservation and we'll see there. We looking forward to meeting you all and comparing travel notes.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Let the Party Begin! We may have 1 more rally site available unless someone booked it before I typed this sentence. Don't let that stop you from booking a site. There are sites available in the campground!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Welcome to NJ Calvin & Judy! We are going to have a blast! We are having our scheduled fires at the group fire pit but I like your offer and will consider it as an alternative. Thank you!

cjhicks

Hello Deb, Just made a reservation with the Campground will be arriving 5/21 departing 5/23. We will be on Site P1, looking forward to seeing everyone also I was told that a Campfire is permitted on that site so if you want to have a fire we can have it on our site.

Changed our travel plan, now arriving on 5/20

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Calvin, I have recorded your new arrival date and we look foward to seeing everyone!

We have booked all our rally sites but I you would like to join us there are still sites available in the campground.

Also learned today that we will have a 2010 Heartland Caliber (Anthony Colligan, NJ) with us as well. I hope they are willing to share because I look foward to seeing that!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Hi all,

I just saw this and am very happy to have a Californian with us. During the Hatteras Rally, Howard asked us where we were from but noted we both had a different Jersey sound. When I told him I was born and raised (native) of Southern California, I turned to Duane and said "It's time to move honey!" " I never wanted to loose the California Girl (Valley Girl) sound.
Plus we too, have a Cyclone! Cant wait to greet you.

Status
Not open for further replies.