EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Portersville - 6/10/2011 to 6/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

Just heard from my "agent in the field" cableman and he said the name of the food pantry is Portersville Food Pantry...aptly named I guess! Will be in touch with them as time gets closer to our arrival to see what their needs are at that time.

Thanks everyone....

Happy Holidays!!!!!! Remember to book your site before time gets away from you!!!!

f250dieseldad

Cheryl, I left a message with the campground. They didn't call back but I know they are closed for the season. Just to let you know we will be there. We will arrive on Friday and depart with the group for Goshen on Sunday. I will call them again this weekend.

truknutt

Committed Member
Wow, what a convoy this'll be what with all the new rigs and new TVs! Might have to add a new decal to the back door of the Cyclone just so I can fit in with this crowd!!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Wow, what a convoy this'll be what with all the new rigs and new TVs! Might have to add a new decal to the back door of the Cyclone just so I can fit in with this crowd!!

How many are plannig to be in this convoy? That will be an awesome sight running down I 80. Maybe we should get jackets made and form a gang. Count us in

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We plan on being there too Cheryl...trying to get hold of the campground to make a reservation...we'll keep on it until we do..see you then!!

dieselsweetheart

I emailed Todd at the campground and told him to please check his messages as I have people waiting to sign up. Hopefully he'll check his email in the next day or so and get back to everyone. It's just the season...no one working at the CG but he still should be picking up phone messages. Thanks for being patient!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Got a call back from the campground today, we're registered and will be there on the 9th....can't wait to see what phaseII and III are all about...the suspense is killing us...LOL!!

dieselsweetheart

That's great you were able to get your reservation squared away!! For all those others who are future callers, let me know if you are having to wait for a call back...I now have a personal cell phone # I can call.

Merry Christmas everyone!! And a brand new 2011 full of rally plans!!!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Hi Cheryl, just left a message with Bear Run Campground to make reservations. We plan top arrive Friday 6/10, and will leave with the convoy to Goshen on Sunday. I hope I get a call back soon to confirm the reservations. I will let you know.
Merry Christmas.

jnbhobe

Howdy Cheryl; I have a call in at the campground for reservations. We will come in on Thursday and leave early on Sunday. Just waiting for a return call.

dieselsweetheart

Great Eric and Jon!!! Happy to have the both of you (well the 4 of you!!!!)....hang in there....Todd returned some calls already. Let me know if you don't hear back from him this week and I will drop him another email.

For those of you perusing this thread....have you made your Goshen reservations yet??? Better get movin!! I didn't know JB was going to open the reservation line this early!!! I see there are 20 sites left. Wow, everyone must've been like piranhas out there!!!

truknutt

Committed Member
Great Eric and Jon!!! Happy to have the both of you (well the 4 of you!!!!)....hang in there....Todd returned some calls already. Let me know if you don't hear back from him this week and I will drop him another email.

For those of you perusing this thread....have you made your Goshen reservations yet??? Better get movin!! I didn't know JB was going to open the reservation line this early!!! I see there are 20 sites left. Wow, everyone must've been like piranhas out there!!!

Well you Chapter Leaders have done such a good job promoting this Rally as the ONE to attend above all others. No pressure Jim B. but, it better be a rally to remember.

dieselsweetheart

I think the reason the Goshen rally is so good is because of the factory tour, meeting the Heartland crew....we met the CEO... had a great round table discussion (and catered lunch)....plus the huge dinner at the Blue Gate.... and the fact that there are sooooooooooooooooooooo many people...and we all have something in common...all Heartland owners and really enjoying our rigs...and the friendships we have made and continue to make. I think that's the heart of the matter...

dieselsweetheart

I just spoke with Todd, the CG owner. He will go to the office tomorrow and check messages and get back to everyone who has a new message left on the machine. Being that he isn't in the office all the time...he isn't getting back as often as he would in the summer...but he understands we have folks anxious to book so he will keep closer tabs on the voice mails... so...there is still time to book!!! Just leave a message and someone will give you a call back!!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
OK, we are set, arriving Friday 6/10 and leaving with the convoy Sunday to Goshen. Talked with Sarah, tentatively on site #A10 but advised that may change. We should however be in row A.

Last edited:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
OK, we are set, arriving Friday 6/10 and leaving with the convoy Sunday to Goshen. Talked with Sarah, tentatively on site #A10 but advised that may change. We should however be in row A.

When did they start to assign site #s, Hey Cheryl, should we call back and try to see where we are going to be located? We made reservations back in Oct. maybe things have changed.

Jamie

jnbhobe

Same thing here, I think she told me A-8. We stayed there a few years ago, I know things were tight we used two sites but it was in the fall.We will get there Thursday night.

dieselsweetheart

Todd had told me he wasn't going to assign sites just yet in case he had to make some changes because of rig size. I think it's Sarah assigning sites and not sure he wanted her to. I will drop him a note after Christmas and ask him. I know he told me he wasn't going to assign and that's why some of us aren't. Don't worry about it...I will take care of it. I will post an answer when I get one!

Merry Christmas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.