EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Elmendorf - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

esscobra

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Elmendorf - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

ask
them to do better - with passport America it like 26 a night- also see if they can put us in the back area- lots of wide pull thru spots stay there often for short getaways- and the back area L sites or m sites-
pool and hot tub are great- fellow members - not far away 5 min drive there is walmart, sams club super target- home depot , lowes heb - (groceries) and lots of restaurants

- - - Updated - - -

also
for anyone who wants to stay longer - I have never seen this park full- so im sure you can stay just may have to move sites- been there many times during summer/holidays when all other places within 100miles full and they always have had spots

Last edited by a moderator:

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Re:EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Elmendorf - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

We will be there Oct 3-9.

Nancy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

I'm assuming you're still planning to attend? Same dates?

As for staying later...that's up to each individual to call and see but they have a rally of 65+ rigs coming in behind us so that's your call.

ask
them to do better - with passport America it like 26 a night- also see if they can put us in the back area- lots of wide pull thru spots stay there often for short getaways- and the back area L sites or m sites-
pool and hot tub are great- fellow members - not far away 5 min drive there is walmart, sams club super target- home depot , lowes heb - (groceries) and lots of restaurants

- - - Updated - - -

also
for anyone who wants to stay longer - I have never seen this park full- so im sure you can stay just may have to move sites- been there many times during summer/holidays when all other places within 100miles full and they always have had spots

LBallard

Arr 2 October, Dep 9 October. Same T - shirt order. ( 1 Lg, 1 2x)
Thanks. LIN Ballard

esscobra

QUOTE=2psnapod1;560587]I'm assuming you're still planning to attend? Same dates? yes maybe more since closer to home and driveable to work during day

- - - Updated - - -

food is always excellent-especially breakfast on sunday- here is menu form this month

August 2017 Menu

• August 4, Friday – Lasagna, Garlic Bread, salad, dessert, tea
  • August 5, Saturday – Eggs to order, bacon or sausage, biscuits & gravy, white or wheat toast, coffee; juices to purchase
  • August 6, Sunday - All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
  • August 7, Monday - Grilled chicken & sausage, potato salad, roll, dessert
  • August 11, Friday – Pork Chops, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn, roll, salad, tea, dessert
  • August 12, Saturday – Eggs to order, French toast, bacon or sausage, white or wheat toast and coffee; juices to purchase
  • August 13, Sunday – All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
  • August 14, Monday – Fajitas (chicken & beef), beans, rice, salad, tea & dessert
  • August 18, Friday – Pot Roast, potatoes, carrots, salad, dessert, tea
  • August 19, Saturday – Eggs to order, biscuits & gravy, bacon or sausage, White or Wheat Toast, coffee; juices to purchase
  • August 20, Sunday – All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
  • August 21, Monday - BBQ Brisket, pinto beans, cowboy potatoes, roll, salad, dessert, tea
  • August 25, Friday – Baked Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, roll, salad, dessert, tea
  • August 26, Saturday – Eggs to order, French toast, bacon or sausage, White or Wheat toast and coffee; juices to purchase
  • August 27, Sunday – All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
  • August 28, Monday - $5.00 hamburgers w trimmings, chips, dessert, & tea

- - - Updated - - -

I'm assuming you're still planning to attend? Same dates?

As for staying later...that's up to each individual to call and see but they have a rally of 65+ rigs coming in behind us so that's your call.

do you know what area/sites they are putting us in? may book for the week and weekend before-

- - - Updated - - -

let me know if enough people are interested to bring margarita machine

'Lil Guy'

I'll get with you in the morning. As of now the same dates but I might want to come in a day or 2 early now since it's closer to the Tyler rally.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

We plan on 10/4 to 10/10 same as before. Same t-shirt sizes medium and 3X.

2psnapod1

We plan on 10/4 to 10/10 same as before. Same t-shirt sizes medium and 3X.

Got it! Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll get with you in the morning. As of now the same dates but I might want to come in a day or 2 early now since it's closer to the Tyler rally.

Sounds good, Frank! Just let us know.

- - - Updated - - -

QUOTE=2psnapod1;560587]I'm assuming you're still planning to attend? Same dates? yes maybe more since closer to home and driveable to work during day

- - - Updated - - -

food is always excellent-especially breakfast on sunday- here is menu form this month

August 2017 Menu

• August 4, Friday – Lasagna, Garlic Bread, salad, dessert, tea
  • August 5, Saturday – Eggs to order, bacon or sausage, biscuits & gravy, white or wheat toast, coffee; juices to purchase
  • August 6, Sunday - All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
  • August 7, Monday - Grilled chicken & sausage, potato salad, roll, dessert
  • August 11, Friday – Pork Chops, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn, roll, salad, tea, dessert
  • August 12, Saturday – Eggs to order, French toast, bacon or sausage, white or wheat toast and coffee; juices to purchase
  • August 13, Sunday – All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
  • August 14, Monday – Fajitas (chicken & beef), beans, rice, salad, tea & dessert
  • August 18, Friday – Pot Roast, potatoes, carrots, salad, dessert, tea
  • August 19, Saturday – Eggs to order, biscuits & gravy, bacon or sausage, White or Wheat Toast, coffee; juices to purchase
  • August 20, Sunday – All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
  • August 21, Monday - BBQ Brisket, pinto beans, cowboy potatoes, roll, salad, dessert, tea
  • August 25, Friday – Baked Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, roll, salad, dessert, tea
  • August 26, Saturday – Eggs to order, French toast, bacon or sausage, White or Wheat toast and coffee; juices to purchase
  • August 27, Sunday – All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
  • August 28, Monday - $5.00 hamburgers w trimmings, chips, dessert, & tea

- - - Updated - - -

do you know what area/sites they are putting us in? may book for the week and weekend before-

- - - Updated - - -

let me know if enough people are interested to bring margarita machine

Ok...I'll put you down for same dates as of now...if that changes, let me know.

They try to place all rally groups on row F so that they are all together and have easy access to the rally hall. Since we're giving them such short notice we'll be happy with anything they can provide.

We're hoping that the entire group will gather at the restaurant for their Friday night dinner. Menu looks excellent and you can't beat $8.00 for dinner, drink and desert.

One last thing....your t-shirt order stays the same, yet?

Pokiejoe

Good morning,
Just getting bits and pieces of the new plan, is the new place a go and are we able to call the park and reserve yet? Sorry, like I said just not getting all the information, for some reason not getting all posts. Thanks!

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired

We were moving up our original plans to start our winter early with your rally at Pioneer, which is where we winter.

At this point, we can't even commit to being in Texas for the winter. Hope everyone understands.

We're out.

2psnapod1

Good morning,
Just getting bits and pieces of the new plan, is the new place a go and are we able to call the park and reserve yet? Sorry, like I said just not getting all the information, for some reason not getting all posts. Thanks!

Hi Don, Nope...not time for reservations yet. I'm still waiting for the contract...hoping to get it sometime today. As soon as, they're ready for reservations, I'll let you know!

- - - Updated - - -

We were moving up our original plans to start our winter early with your rally at Pioneer, which is where we winter.

At this point, we can't even commit to being in Texas for the winter. Hope everyone understands.

We're out.

Totally understand. We'll miss you!

esscobra

f is nice stayed that row several times- only a couple sites with trees close to sides of rv -small but would def catch sides and im not keen on scratching my 6 month old paint- no overhead issues at all- and all sites should have no problem with sat dish reception.

yes same shirt - large

HornedToad

I took my bucket list trip to the beach in Port A 4th of July and can't wait to go back.

I wish I could'a waited a little longer... volunteered to take my toy hauler and outdoor kitchen down to cook for the hurricane relief. My contact has us on hold until they open the evacuated areas back up, but I'll probably wind up in Rockport or Port A?

That's on my bucket list too... help a stranger.

2psnapod1

Venue:
------------------------------
  • Pioneer Beach Resort
  • 120 Gulfwind Dr
  • Port Aransas, TX 78373
  • Susan 361-749-6248
  • http://www.pioneerrvresorts.com/
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Golf carts allowed?:
  • Golf Cart restrictions?:
  • Golf Cart fees?:

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 25
  • Register by end of day 9/6/2017
  • Site fee: $37 per night. Price includes 3 rally days plus 2 days before OR 2 days after.
  • Club Member Event fee: N/A
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: Saturday- October 07
  • Potluck time: 5:00 pm

Additional Info:
Please call the park to make reservations. Once your reservations have been made, please either reply to this thread or PM us with your arrival and departure dates.

If you plan to stay a week or more the weekly rate will be your better bet. Price includes cable.

We will post more information as it becomes available.

Attendee List:
1. Michael & Kelly Barnett 10/2-10/9 (Shirts)
2. Jay & Stella Coffman 10/2 - 10/9 (Shirts)
3. William Brown 10/6 - 10/8 (Shirts)
4. George Speir 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts)
5. Mike & Peg Finnegan 10/2 - 10/9 (Shirts)
6. Don & Vicky Smith 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts)
7. Keith & Betty Orlopp :-( Darn you, Harvey! We'll miss you
Tom & Linda Black :-( Darn you, Harvey! We'll miss you
Frank & Debbie B. 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts)
Ted & Dee Davis 10/4 - 10/8 (Shirts)
Andy & Joanna Grimes 10/6 - 10/8 (Shirts)
12. Edward & Susan Potts 10/5 - 10/9
Dave Seaboldt & Nancy Anderson 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts)
Bob & Connie Sims :-( Darn you, Harvey! We'll miss you
15. Orville & Barbara Wright 10/4 - 10/10 (Shirts)
16. Corbin & Flora Tayloe 10/3 - 10/10
17. Paul & Nancy Lineen - 10/4 - 10/9
18. Larry & Mary O. 10/4 - 10/9
19. Lin & Debbie Ballard 10/2 - 10/9 (Shirts)
20. Auguie & Cheryl Henry 10/5 - 10/9
21. Larry & Gayle Kuykendall 10/3 - 10/10
22. Joe & Anne Maxwell 10/3 - 10/10 (Shirts)
23. Elend & Kim Toten
24. Tim & Becky S. 10/4 - 10/8 (Shirts)

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

I wish I could'a waited a little longer... volunteered to take my toy hauler and outdoor kitchen down to cook for the hurricane relief. My contact has us on hold until they open the evacuated areas back up, but I'll probably wind up in Rockport or Port A?

That's on my bucket list too... help a stranger.

I have been doing some sand bagging and last night went on two SAR cases with a group of volunteers that gave birth to the Cajun Navy. It's a great feeling to help someone down on their luck. I suggest everyone do it as much as possible. Get in the game, get involved!

HornedToad

I have been doing some sand bagging and last night went on two SAR cases with a group of volunteers that gave birth to the Cajun Navy. It's a great feeling to help someone down on their luck. I suggest everyone do it as much as possible. Get in the game, get involved!

Jason, I hope Harvey doesn't hit Louisiana as hard as it did Texas!!!

jassson007

It won't be the same type storm. Cat 4 hurricane down south. 30" of rain in Houston. Tropical storm coming ashore in same area as Rita (05) and Ike (08). We are expecting another 10-15" here between now and Thursday morning. My area has already seen close to 15" since Friday last week.

One of the areas we went to last night was behind the restaurant we ate at when y'all were here. Water was close to 4 ft deep back there and the neighborhoods south of there were just as bad.

jassson007

Here are a couple links to a video a friend shot today on way to Winnie TX

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1406628382705913&id=100000762955737

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1406614782707273&id=100000762955737

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1406603436041741&id=100000762955737

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1406590322709719&id=100000762955737

'Lil Guy'

We're coming in as originally planned. Arriving on the 4th and departing on the 9th. Still waiting to make reservations. Please advise.

2psnapod1

We've been in contact with the General Manager at Pioneer RV Park and have been told that damage is not as bad as the news has led us to believe....isn't that wonderful!?!

They do plan to reopen once they have power and water restored and have some clean up and repairs to do. However, they don't know when that will be....and unfortunately we can't really wait to find out so we are proceeding with moving the rally to Braunig Lake RV Resort in Elmendorf, which is just south of San Antonio.

The computers are not working at Pioneer (not surprising, eh?) so we've given the GM a list of those attending the rally and the dates so that they can cancel each of your individual reservations along with the rally reservations. However, we did not give them the names of those that were planning on wintering at Pioneer (Sims & Black) so that you can decide how you want to proceed on your own accord.

The 'info' page of this thread has been updated with all the particulars for Braunig Lake RV Resort and you are free to make reservations. Please be sure to read all info as we will need some numbers from you if you plan to attend the dinner on Friday (10/6) night.

Let us know if you have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.