EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Quanah - 3/11/2016 to 3/13/2016

Are you interested in the 501 Winery Wine Tasting & Snacks Event, Sat. March 12?

• Yes! I understand it will cost $10 per person.

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No, thanks anyway!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlw930

The rally room is in an old cotton gin. How much more unusual or cool can that be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Tiger, Will you please let me know where to send the total amount for two 2XL Rally Shirts. Thanks.

I'll be picking up my Bday present in Amarillo on the way to the Rally. A friend is making me a custom smoker like one in the photo... except mine will have flat free tires and a receiver hitch on the front, so I can winch it up into the toy hauler garage.
View attachment 42387
I’m planning on preparing a BBQ Fiesta… brisket, ribs, sausage & chicken, for the Rally pot luck. This will be my first time cooking on a smoker that has a firebox with tuning plates, my old smoker had an open firebox. I hope someone at the Rally has experience with these tuning plates and can show me the ropes.

No experience with tuning plates but willing to help with the smoking!

I’ll also bring my Xmas present to the Rally, it’s still brand new in the box, just in case the breakfast crew wants to use it for "makin' bacon".
View attachment 42388

Cooking is my hobby, eating is my passion.

Looks like fun. Maybe after the bacon is cooked, the pancakes can go down on that griddle. I love cooking pancakes :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
All, I have added the tentative Rally Agenda at the bottom of thread post #1, Also the attending dates for those who have told me. If you don't have dates beside your name, please let me know your arrival and departure date.

If you want a T-shirt and I have your size but not the $15 per shirt prepayment, please send by Feb 5th. PM me for paypal or address. I have noted those who have paid on Post #1 as well.

We'll of course have more Rally Agenda details as they develop! We can't wait!!

Possum51

Erika, Pat and I will be attending your rally! I called the park and booked it for March 10 and leave the 13th. We will be in site 36. Can't wait until your rally! We also want 2 shirts sized 2XL. I am sending you a pm for the paypal info for payment. Thanks!

TravelTiger

Erika, Pat and I will be attending your rally! I called the park and booked it for March 10 and leave the 13th. We will be in site 36. Can't wait until your rally! We also want 2 shirts sized 2XL. I am sending you a pm for the paypal info for payment. Thanks!

Great!! I got the PM and sent the info.

TravelTiger

Folks time is running out for getting a t-shirt for this Rally. Check post 1 to see if I have you down for ordering one and the correct size. Please prepay if you haven't done so, private message or email me for PayPal or mailing address, by Feb 5th!

Thanks!!!

TravelTiger

Rex, I don't show it in my paypal account. Maybe a typo somewhere? I'll send you a PM.

TravelTiger

Attendees, I have tentatively scheduled a Wine Tasting & Snacks Event on Saturday, March 12. I need a head count to see if it is worth doing, and to let the winery know how many to expect. With enough participation, we can reserve their large meeting room for the tasting. Please make your choice known in the Poll at the top of this thread, by Tuesday, Feb 9th.

Thank you!

Erika

jayc

Legendary Member
We'd be up for the wine tasting, but just for one. Stella is the wine drinker, not me. Please note that I said wine drinker, not wino.

'Lil Guy'

Yet to attend a rally without having a Friday morning Breakfast Extravaganza. Debbie and I will supply the bacon and sausage. What else is going to show up to go with the meat? I've got cookers but that cooker of HornedToad looks like the bacon cookers cat's meow. Will it be available? I'll be expecting coffee at the determined cooking site. How about chiming in with some dishes to go with the meat. Hope there is biscuits and gravy. I can cook up some extra sausage for the gravy if someone will put it together. Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone again.
Put us down for the wine drinking, I mean tasting.

TravelTiger

Yet to attend a rally without having a Friday morning Breakfast Extravaganza. Debbie and I will supply the bacon and sausage. What else is going to show up to go with the meat? I've got cookers but that cooker of HornedToad looks like the bacon cookers cat's meow. Will it be available? I'll be expecting coffee at the determined cooking site. How about chiming in with some dishes to go with the meat. Hope there is biscuits and gravy. I can cook up some extra sausage for the gravy if someone will put it together. Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone again.
Put us down for the wine drinking, I mean tasting.

Thanks Frank, we'd like to make it a potluck breakfast. Most everyone will be there already by Friday AM. So Frank's got breakfast meat covered, I bet we can come up with other stuff! Chime in, if you can, with your additions!

jbeletti

Thanks Frank, we'd like to make it a potluck breakfast. Most everyone will be there already by Friday AM. So Frank's got breakfast meat covered, I bet we can come up with other stuff! Chime in, if you can, with your additions!

I can make my scrambled eggs. Just let me know how many people I'm making them for and I'll grab all the stuff to do it.

Meat by Frank sounds good!

HornedToad

Friday morning Breakfast Extravaganza...

I'll arrive on Thursday so, the Toad has got you covered on the griddle for makin bacon and I'll make sure we have plenty of hot coffee.

Tiger, please put DW down for the wine tour but I'll need to stay behind and watch the meat smoke. I'm wondering if Jim's elbow can last the six hours it takes to get the BBQ done, mine is kinda rusty as it hasn't had a good workout since tailgate season. Jim, I could use some help getting things started but if your elbow needs to drop down from 12oz to 4 oz you can tap out for the wine tour.

jbeletti

...Tiger, please put DW down for the wine tour but I'll need to stay behind and watch the meat smoke. I'm wondering if Jim's elbow can last the six hours it takes to get the BBQ done, mine is kinda rusty as it hasn't had a good workout since tailgate season. Jim, I could use some help getting things started but if your elbow needs to drop down from 12oz to 4 oz you can tap out for the wine tour.

Jim? Me Jim?

I can be counted on to help but as we arrive Friday afternoon and as I'm making scrambled eggs Saturday morning - I won't be breaking out my smoker. But I'm available for supervising other people smoking!

pegmikef

Put us down for the breakfast juices. jellies, syrups, butter (and a lactose free alternative) and milk.

Erika, please put us down for the wine tour. Thanks.

TravelTiger

OK, last call for T-shirts today! If you want to order, please let me know by midnight tonight (2/5)!

It's looking good, we have 30 requested so far, YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.