EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Monitor - 7/17/2015 to 7/19/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Well gang, its official, we are full up. //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon6.png All of the site reserved for the Washington Heartland Rally are full. If you are interested in being put on a waiting list, let me know ASAP, by either responding here or sending me a PM and I will put you in the order that I receive the notice and fill you with the first spot that vacates.

If you currently have reservations and do end up having to cancel, please send let me know before you contact the park so I can give the person on the waiting list the opportunity to call the park to snatch it up before it is taken by a non club member.

Rod

For20hunter

The first post of this thread has been updated to include the schedule of events. The wine tasting is going to be on Thursday at the Icicle Ridge Winery and is going to cost $10.00 per person, but that fee is waived or applied toward any wine purchases made.

The other new information is that there will be a K-9 Demonstration on Sunday at 11:00am presented by the Chelan County Sheriff's Office, which will include a patrol dog demo and a drug dog demonstration.

Here is the breakdown of the schedule of events:
Scheduled Events:

Checkin:
Come to site #11 for your T-shirts and Rally packet after you arrive from Wednesday to Friday. Be prepared to pay any unpaid balance at that time: At check in, we will also have a volunteer list for people to help in certain aspects of the rally preparation and clean up.

Thursday:

Wine Tasting @ 1:00pm at the Icicle Ridge Winery which is located at 8977 North Rd, Peshastin, WA 98847
Cost is $10.00 per person for the tasting fee, which is applied towards any wine purchases
Kelly and I will be brining some snacks (cheese, crackers, meats) for the tasting, which the winery said was ok to do. The winery does have snacks available for purchase See Menu below:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430282717.154388.jpg

Friday:

Potluck and meet and greet
5:30pm at the Gazebo in between A-B loops
Bring your favorite dish to share. Please post to the forum what you are bringing so I can keep track of that and post it so we do not have all deserts or all snacks. Tickets for the raffle on Saturday's ice cream social will be available during the potluck.

Social Hour: Campfire social in the grass area by Gazebo between A-B loops will begin around dusk. Bring your favorite beverage and hang around the campfires and let the fun begin!

Saturday:

Rafting Trip: For those who are participating in the rafting through Blue Sky Outfitters, they will be picking us up at the park at 8:45am and taking us up to the start point where we will spend a leisurely morning and afternoon rafting the Wenatchee River. Afterward Blue Sky Outfitters is supplying a BBQ Steak late lunch early dinner, after which they will drop everyone back off at the park. If you are doing this, you must make reservations with Blue Sky Outfitters prior to that morning. For those of you that are not participating in the rafting trip, this will be your time to check out some of the local attractions, such as Leavenworth and the surrounding areas.

Ice Cream Social and Raffle: Saturday evening at 6:30pm we will have an Ice Cream Social and the Raffle. Kelly and I will provide multiple flavors of ice cream and everyone can bring their favorite fixings, cones, pies, cookies or anything you think would be fun to have with your ice cream. This will also be held at the Gazebo. Saturday Evening will also be the raffle, so make sure to bring your raffle items (unwrapped) that evening. Location and time of when and where to bring the raffle items TBD. During this time, we will also have the Raffle. All of these proceeds are what helps fund our chapter so please buy some raffle tickets to help us prepare for next years rally.

Social Hour: Campfire social in the grass area by Gazebo between A-B loops will begin again around dusk or following the Ice Cream Social and raffle. Bring your favorite beverage and hang around the campfires and let the fun continue!

Sunday:

Continental Breakfast: The club will provide a Continental Breakfast (Pastries, Bagles, Fruit, etc...). This will begin at 9:00 am at the Gazebo.

Police K-9 Demonstration: 11:00am - The Chelan County Sheriff's Office will be at the park and give a Police K-9 Demonstration including a demonstration of the Patrol Dogs and Drug Dogs and what they do for them and the citizens they protect and serve.

Monday:

Oregon Rally Caravan: For those that are caravanning down to the Oregon Rally, we depart at 9:00am for Portland Fairview RV Park. We will Depart Portland Fairview RV Park on Thursday at 8:00am for the Oregon Rally in North Bend.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430282640.564024.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430282640.564024.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi Rod, For the potluck dinner on Friday, is there going to be a "main" dish, i.e..barbecue or…..? Just wondering so I can figure out what to bring to share.

Thanks for all the hard work you and Kelly are putting in to make this a TERRIFIC rally!!!

Doris

For20hunter

Doris and Doug,

RnR RV in Spokane agreed to sponsor us last year in November, and one of the things they were going to do was cater our meal, but now the general manager will not return any of my calls or emails, so at this point we had better plan on everyone bringing something. It is easy for us to plan a potluck and then if they come through and provide a catered dinner as they said, then we can change our plans. I have 3 phone calls into him so I will let everyone know something soon. I hope.

If they don't come through, Kelly and I will make Burgers and Brats, but we will need help with a couple grills. I hope to have the final answer from RnR RV soon. More to follow.

Rod

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Doug and Doris,
When are you going to be at Collier? That is only about 40 min from us. Maybe we could get together while you are there unless you are tied up with other stuff.

Kristy

For20hunter

*****UPDATE*****

Great news all! RnR RV has officially agreed to sponsor our Rally. They are providing $500.00 for our Friday night potluck dinner to purchase the main entree, which Kelly and I are in the process of arranging. We are thinking that we are probably going to have a local restaurant cater a BBQ meal for us and then people can bring some deserts and sides for that, but I will let everyone know that for sure in a few days.

RnR RV is also providing a few raffle gifts for our club raffle In addition to all of that the sales staff have also agreed to participate and are bringing down a couple of new coaches for us to go through and tour. The service staff has also agreed to participate and the service manager is coming down and has offered to do a couple of presentations for some RV related training. Here is the what he has offered as a selection and is wanting us to pick a couple classes. I was thinking that they could do a Friday morning class around 10:00am and the other around 3:00pm. Both will last about 40 minutes. Here is a copy of his offer. Please give me some feedback in what if anything that you would be interested in.

"We have a few seminars that last approx. 40 minutes and then we can open up the discussion on any topic the group would like to discuss. We will give a brief overview of our dealership prior to the seminar so they know who we are and what we do.

Topics-

Brakes and Bearings – Very good information for proper service and maintenance on trailer axles etc.
Appliances- Goes over the basic operation of all of the appliances and typical maintenance that is required to keep them running.
Winterizing and DE- winterizing- Pretty basic information about how the process works.
Electrical systems – Goes over basics of all electrical systems – Components and function- Battery and Solar discussion.

We could do two seminars in one day if that would work maybe a morning session and an afternoon would work best so we get good attendance at both. Let me know your thoughts."

Let me know ASAP which of these interests you.

RnR RV is the largest RV Service Center in the Pacific NW and has a great track record and excellent reviews in the industry. We are thrilled to have their staff on board and sponsoring our Rally!!
Rod

paulh

Rod,

Great news from RnR RV!! Sounds like they are going above and beyond for you too. I think I would be interested in the Brakes/Bearings and the Appliances seminars. We're looking forward to the rally.

Manzan

RnR RV sure came through! Brakes and bearings sound best to me but the others are more than worth attending.
Manzan

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Excellent news. We'd be most interested in Brakes and Bearings and Electrical systems but would attend any that most people want.

For20hunter

Yes, it is great news! They came through in a big way!! So it looks like brakes and bearings is a definite so far. I will wait for a few others to chime in before I select the second presentation.

The service manager also said that they are willing to answer specific questions the best they can, but will not have the ability to do any repairs on scene.

Rod

Excellent news. We'd be most interested in Brakes and Bearings and Electrical systems but would attend any that most people want.

RnR RV sure came through! Brakes and bearings sound best to me but the others are more than worth attending.
Manzan

Fantastic! Whatever classes people want are fine.

Kristy

Rod,

Great news from RnR RV!! Sounds like they are going above and beyond for you too. I think I would be interested in the Brakes/Bearings and the Appliances seminars. We're looking forward to the rally.

Possum51

Rod, we would like the brakes and bearings along with the winterizing. Oh my gosh! We are getting so excited!

Elaine and Pat

For20hunter

Hey all, Kelly and I have been working hard on the preparations for the rally and this is the latest. RnR RV along with a small amount of Washington Chapter money will be purchasing BBQ Chicken Thighs and Pulled Pork along with BBQ Beans and Corn Bread from Country Boys BBQ in Cashmere, so the need for everyone to bring stuff to accompany this just got a little smaller. Unless you have something special that you think will accompany the BBQ spread being put on please bring the following:

Last names beginning with:
A-M please bring a side dish that will compliment BBQ.
N-Z please bring your favorite desert

CBB

Breaks and bearings, appliances would be great as well, but lid like any others:)
We are sure looking forward to meeting you all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.