EVENT: Heartland Multi-Chapter Rally: NC, Waynesville - 10/12/2012 to 10/14/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Sounds like another great rally in the making. Have a great time. Wish we could have been there!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Had a great Meet and Greet and story telling time around the campfire tonight. You always meet the greatest people at a Heartland Rally. Then gathered together and had some popcorn and watched the movie RV under the stars. Funny movie. Even better with a group of people watching. Thanks to Ken Hyde and Lance Duguay for taking care of our campfire for us. Also thank you to Lance Duguay for setting up out mini outside movie theater for us. Great start to a great weekend.

lduguay

For those of you who were not able to attend last nights "Under the Stars" movie night, featuring RV as well as an EXCITING movie "warm up".......here's the "warm up." ENJOY!!!!!!

NOTE: Our apologies for misspelling the Leading Stars name, Larry Bandsta

lduguay

Had a great Meet and Greet and story telling time around the campfire tonight. You always meet the greatest people at a Heartland Rally. Then gathered together and had some popcorn and watched the movie RV under the stars. Funny movie. Even better with a group of people watching. Thanks to Ken Hyde and Lance Duguay for taking care of our campfire for us. Also thank you to Lance Duguay for setting up out mini outside movie theater for us. Great start to a great weekend.

Due to other high level rally responsibilities, I was not able to assist with the fire.......ALL of the THANKS go to Ken for making a great campfire!!

Rodbuster

Bad part about a rally

There is a bad part of a rally and that would be the day it ends when you have to say good-bye to the many friends that you have come to really care about. That would be today for this rally when most of our attendees leave to go back home and resume they're everyday life.

We got together with many friends that we have made through previous rallies and had the pleasure of meeting new people that we can now call friends. There is a good part about today and that is as we say "good-bye" we know that it is just for a little while because we know that it will only be a short time before we can all get together again and rally some more.

A very special thank you goes out to Terry & Renee and also Larry and Sam. They all did an exceptional job in making this rally a fun and special rally and for Fran and I. Among several others, we are happy to say that the four of you are now our friends.

Til the next rally.
Dick & Fran

BBinNC

Mike and I really enjoyed our first rally. We met a lot of great folks and enjoyed lots (and I mean lots) of great food. We look forward to seeing all of you again at future rally events. May God follow each of you in your travels. Also, thanks for lots of good laughs with the vasoline and cotton balls. For those not attending - you will just have to use your imagination. LOL

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Terry and Renee, Larry and Samantha, A great rally with good food and great friends. Thanks, Randy, Santha and the poodles

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
What a great and fun rally that was had by all. Congratulations to the outgoing NC & SC Chapter Leaders as they move on to better things and Welcome to the new NC & SC Chapter Leaders. What a successfull rally it was in that 2 new folks joined the HOC, one from TN and one from FL - Welcome. Travel safely everyone & see ya'll soon.

Gracie4Camping

Thank you! Chuck and I had a great weekend filled with great fellowship. It was very nice to be with other campers who have the same feelings about camping and helping others out. A special thank you goes out to Jim Beletti for fixing our radio speaker system, as Chuck said - you ARE his hero! Terry - thank you and your wife, for your organization and your caring attitude. You made us feel very welcome - we appreciate that. For the most part we did not feel like outsiders due to not having a membership and not owning a "BIG RIG" - maybe one day when we retire. :rolleyes: Boy, site 22 was put to good use for all the geat meals, fellowship, demonstration, movie, and church time - thanks for allowing all the rally folks to invade! Wishing many blessings to all - you will be missed. Patty and Chuck.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Thank you to all who attended this rally. Without you there would be no rally.

Had a wonderful time and got to meet "new" friends. These friends will be cherished forever.

It was also good to catch up with our "old" friends although everyone was young at heart.

A special thank you for all the first time rally goers. Hopefully we didn't scare you too bad and look forward to seeing you at many more rallies.

Another special thanks to Worm for the message Sunday morning!! Thanks Kala for letting us borrow him.

I would also like to thank RVSFORLESS for their support. Even though they could not be here, they had a significant impact on the rally. Karen and Butch, Our prayers are with both of you.

Last edited:

trdeal

Renee and I want to say again Thank you to each one of you who attended the rally. It was really great to see our "old" friends again and great to make some new ones. You are all very special people and we are very thankful for our time together. Thanks for all the many ways that you guys helped out during the rally. All of us working together made the job alot easier. Thanks for the trunk load of canned foods you guys donated to the local food ministry in Waynesville. We were told that the food came at a very good time. Thanks also for all your kind words concerning the rally. We hope to see you all real soon around a campfire somewhere.

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Michelle and I would like to thank Terry, Renee,Larry and Sam for doing such a good job on the rally. Lance, Kem, Michelle and I have some big shoes to fill for the rallies in North and South Carolina in the comming year. It was good to see some old friends and to meet new friends. All have safe travels. Dale

davebennington

It looks like I have the privilege of being the un-official photographer for some rallies, as such I get to take the parting shot of all the attendees, so here is the latest of the NC/SC parting picture.

dave

IMG_1118-1.jpg

davebennington

Terry & Renee, Larry & Sam great rally we had a good time meeting all the new people and catching up with the "old" friends. As always I ate way to much of the good food prepared by the rally goers.

dave

archbarb

What an ornery looking group!!!....having way too much fun! I know I am just jealous...wish we could have been there but Arch and I are on steadfast alert for grandson # 2...any day now!!!!
Hope to see everyone down the road soon!
Barb

Status
Not open for further replies.