EVENT: Heartland Multi-Chapter Rally: SC, Hilton Head Island - 4/20/2012 to 4/22/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Hilton Head Island - 4/20/2012 to 4/22/2012

Mjf, welcome to the forum.
I see that there is one blank spot on the list of registered attendees. You may be in luck. A person sure can have a good time at a rally.
Stay tuned to this thread. Larry, SouthernNights, will be updating soon.

Peace
Dave

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Hilton Head Island - 4/20/2012 to 4/22/2012

Hi, just wondering if the blank slot on the first post for # 12 means there is an open spot. If so, my wife and I would like to join. It will be our first. Let me know... Thanks
Hi Mjf, welcome to the forum. There is an opening at Hilton Head. If you would; call the Sarena at the cg and make your reservations and then circle back here and let us know that you did.Also be sure to tell them that you are with the HL group.

We look forward to meeting you.

For very one else who is coming, just another reminder that we will be supporting Bluffton Self Help. Don't forget to bring something!!!

jbeletti

Re: EVENT: Heartland Multi-Chapter Rally: SC & NC, Hilton Head Island SC - 4/20/2012 to 4/22/2012

mjf,

Hope you are able to get into this rally. You guys will have a blast.

By the way, though not a requirement, please consider joining the Heartland Owners Club prior to the rally - it will save you a few $.

Have fun!

Jim

SouthernNights

Hi, just wondering if the blank slot on the first post for # 12 means there is an open spot. If so, my wife and I would like to join. It will be our first. Let me know... Thanks

Please add Gary and Susan to the list if space is still available

Gary

Please dont forget to circle back to this thread once you have made reservations and let us know that you are definitley comimng.

Also i called the cg today, Sarina is out until but Wed. but go ahead and make your reservations with someone else. Just remember to let them know you are with the Heartland group.

WooHoo...the more the merrier. The 25 limit has been lifted for anyone else thinking about joining us. !!!!

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Welcome Gary and Susan, Dale and I look forward to meeting you both. We're with Larry the more the merrier!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Gary and Susan! Just got the email that you guys are now Heartland Owners club members and I sent you a private message. Welcome to the club! Renee and I are looking forward to meeting you in Hilton Head.

SouthernNights

We have had a great time at the GA rally. Hats off to Randy and Santha.

Lots of people making the rally circuit and we will see you here at Hilton Head. Have a safe trip to all the rallies.

trdeal

We are just a little over a month away from the HH rally and we are looking forward to seeing everyone. Some new faces and some familiar ones as well. And don't forget the limit of 25 has now been increased. So if you were thinking about joining us, go ahead and make the call. It is a beautiful area. See you there.

SouthernNights

Hi Everyone,

We have added a few things to the Itinerary. The new Itinerary can be found here and on post #1.

For those interested we will be having a short open discussion at 10:AM (Saturday) on pre-trip maintenance. This will include tires, wheel bearings, landing gears or anything else you would like to discuss.

Also, please don't forget to bring a small donation for Bluffton Self Help.

See you there.

Attachments

• Hilton_Head_Harbor_RV_Resort_Itinerary.pdf
    25.9 KB · Views: 31

mntnman

What a wonderful day Dale and I had Saturday! We were in Hilton Head and decided to take one of the tours through Live Oac tours. It was amazing. We took the two hour tour around Pinckey Island, we saw several dolphin, loons (yes the same birds as in the On Golden Pond movie), pelicans and various other birds. But the highlight had to have been the two adult bald eagles and their two chicks! While we were watching one of the adults took flight!!

Our guide was very knowledgable about the local wildlife and other things associated with the area. If you get a chance during the rally to take the tour I highly recommend it. For more info here's their website www.liveoac.com

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few short weeks. The RV resort looks beautiful with everything blooming. The center pool is already at 80 degrees so don't forget those bathing suits!

SouthernNights

Glad you guys did the tour Michelle. I hope people take advantage of the boat tours. I have been on Port Royal sound many times and it is beautiful. Almost guaranteed to see Flipper.

Thanks for the review!!!

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Michelle, I agree that the area is full of wildlife. Santha and I used to keep a boat down south of Savannah and enjoyed the Dolphins, Eagles and even the gators.
We are still hoping we can arrange to make the Rally. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

trdeal

Looking forward to seeing everyone in HH and all the sights. Getting excited.

phix

First off, I want to thank you for the reminders about the charitable gift. It is easy to overlook things when planning an adventure. I have a bag of goodies ready and put in my special spot to take with us camping.

This is our first rally and I have a couple of questions. When participating in the Friday pot luck, is there any order to this or do we just take our chances and hope that everybody does not bring dessert? (Or maybe some hope that we all bring dessert.) And then the white elephant....this sounds like a lot of fun, but is there a dollar amount that we should limit ourselves to? Sorry to be so um....retentive.

mntnman

You are going to love rallies they are a load of fun and the people are wonderful. We've always just told people to bring their favorite dish and it has always worked out. There's always an over abundance of great food. As far as the white elephant you don't want to spend over $10 and it's okay (and encouraged) to re-gift, or just bring something you don't want anymore. Don't come into the game thinking you will walk away with a great gift, but instead an evening of a lot of laughs.

Dale and I are looking forward to meeting you all. If you have ant other questions let us know.

SouthernNights

I think Michelle covered everything well. Nothing to add.

I am excited this is your first rally. The friendships you make are priceless.

With that said, I think I need to warn you about 2 people though. These 2 will tell you I am the problem but that is just to divert your attention away from them. WATCH OUT FOR LANCE AND PHIL. THEY ARE TROUBLE MAKERS.
Lance will try and drop rocks and missiles on your trailer-Phil will always walk his dogs on your site.

If you have any problems with these two, please see Gus. He has been hired to "eliminate" the problems. Oh, and then there is Dick Hill.... and a few others...
Well, on second thought, just do the best you can.

See you there and thank you in advance for helping out Bluffton Self Help. I am involved with a similar ministry here in our hometown, what a great way to give back to the community.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Phix,
We are so glad you will be joining us at the HHI rally. As everyone has mentioned, the one concern everyone has is that they will become adicted to the rallies. Yup! It happended to us! The previous entry from Southernights talked about Phil and Lance. Well, I think I can speak on behalf of Lance here and say you will certainly be safe as long as you are not camped next to Larry (Southernights). His better half is an absolute adorable person. Now as for Larry...Did you ever see Forest Gump? Nuff said. As for me, yep, I will likely walk my dogs over to you campsite to say hi. Guilty as charged! We all look forward to meeeting you and hope to add you to our list of repeat rally-a-holics! :angel: Phil

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Phix, They sound like a very rough bunch of people but you will be meeting people that you will like for a lifetime. This will not be your last heartland rally.
Do not listen to Phil. No one is safe when Lance is around. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Status
Not open for further replies.