EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: CA, Yreka - 6/17/2011 to 6/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Welcome Kurt and Gwen, look forward to meeting you. All you others, please feel free to bring your friends, even SOB's. After all how else can we indoctrinate them in the Heartland way of life? LOL Looks to be a fun rally and I'm working on some great give-aways through our suppliers.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Glad to have you Qwen and Kurt! When will you be arriving and departing?

As far as service goes, I would trust PJ (Gaffer). We have a dealer in Grants Pass we were going to use for the same thing, but we weren't crazy about the Parts guy's attitude when we went in to talk to them, so we will probably be going to a non-Heartland dealer in Medford to have the work done. At least they wanted to put some effort into looking things up and giving accurate estimates.

Will you be staying in the west long enough to go to the Regional in Sparks starting July 1?

Please send me your contact info like cell phone and first and last names so we can be ready for you in Yreka. I see you are already a club member so you should have your nice name tags in time for the rally.

See you in June!

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi Kristy: Don't remember if I told you or not, but Deb and I are arriving on the 16th and staying till the 20th. We're in C-5. We're coming in from Valley of the Rogue, on our way home. We're official Heartland members now, #1809. Looking forward to it.

I got you John. See you then.
Kristy

Kurt

Kurt&Gwen
jdfishing,
Noticed you mentioned that you were coming from, Valley of the Rogue State Park. Do you know if the sites there ars able to accomidate a 41 ft toyhauler? My wife is from Medford and she said that the Valley of the Rogue is a nice place, so we would like to camp there on our way down from Alaska.

Thanks,
Kurt

Kurt

Kurt&Gwen
Hi Kristy,
We'll be there from June 17-19 in site D8.

I'm going to go with PJ's recommendations and contact, Justin at Curtis Trailers for the 2nd A/C install.

After the Yreka get together, we're heading the RV show in Las Vegas. We want to be in Colorado by the 4th of July, so we woun't be catching the Regional’s at Sparks. But... life happens and plans change.

Thanks,

Kurt

Gaffer

Hey Kurt. Check out the center of the new Trailer Life or Google RV Business '10 top 50 dealer awards. Curtis is on the list. I think they do a goodd job in the service dept. That is where take my rig. They are a full service shop. A buddy of mine had some pretty extensive repair work done there after being in a wreck that took off the rear cap and other rear end damage. They did a very good job on his repair (SOB). I would recommend them without hesitation. If all you are doing is the front AC, no worries for sure. That is pretty much a plug and play DIY install. Give me a PM when you get to town.

Kurt

Kurt&Gwen
Thanks PJ!
I’ll give Justin a call before we leave Alaska so he can have everything ready for when we get there and copy on the PM.

Kurt

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Been to Valley of the Rogue many times. If you check the size of the sites online you can pick one that will fit. We like the D loop. Our trailer is 39'3" so we know where you are coming from. The backins in that loop have lots of grass behind them that your "stern" can hang over. The few pull through's they have would work too, but are not our favorites since they aren't full hookups.

Kristy

shovelguy

We have SOB friends, Linda and Ray Webb, accompanying us to the Rally. Staying at Seven Feathers coming and going if anyone is interested in caravaning. D&J

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
June is getting closer!

Please note the change on rally attendee cost. As per HOC policy, non-club members will have a rally charge of $20 per rig to cover cost of rally materials. I neglected to list that at the beginning of this announcement. If anyone who is not a member wants to become a member, you can join by using the link at the top of the forum. If anyone wishes to change their attendance plans, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks for understanding.

Kristy

shovelguy

June is getting closer!

Please note the change on rally attendee cost. As per HOC policy, non-club members will have a rally charge of $20 per rig to cover cost of rally materials. I neglected to list that at the beginning of this announcement. If anyone who is not a member wants to become a member, you can join by using the link at the top of the forum. If anyone wishes to change their attendance plans, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks for understanding.

Kristy

Please clarify just what, exactly, that $20 is paying for. I somehow need to justify the cost to my friends. Thanks, j

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi Dean and Jodi,

I understand the confusion. In order for HL to reimburse the chapter ($20 per member rig) for costs such as plates, forks, supplied beverages, supplied snacks, ice, decorations, extra raffles prizes, etc. we need to also collect that amount from non club members. In the past, we have supplied beverages for the appetizers and dinner and kept snacks available in the host campsite for those who stop to visit. I did a little breakfast thing last year at the OR rally. Jim Beletti sent out an email telling leaders that we must charge non members if we want to get reimbursement for members.

Deb and I have talked a little about what exactly we plan to do, but we haven't finalized plans. We may decide not to provide anything, not apply for reimbursement, and not charge anything. When Deb gets back from Elkhart so we can talk, we may decide that we aren't going to charge, but I decided to post it this way to give people as much notice as possible in case we do charge.

If you need further info, please send me an email and we can work it out. Sorry for the change, but his email pointed out to me that I had not posted the non member cost. If the chapter chooses not to charge, that is OK, but there will be no reimbursement. I put the same notice on the OR campout announcement, but you can choose to go with no charge if you would like. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Kristy

randgwarn

Hi Kristy, unfortunately Gail and I will not be able to attend the rally in Yreka. One of our Granddaughters will be graduating from high school that weekend and we want to be there to share in her important day.
Ray and Gail Warness

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
That's too bad! We understand family stuff comes first, so enjoy graduation. It is a really important milestone for her.
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I'll put you down John and Lori. Glad you can make it and good luck selling your house.
Kristy

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
June is getting closer........ Looks like we will be having some fun in Yreka. A couple great door prizes and a terrific themed raffle. Keep your eye out for those raffle gifts as the spring & summer sales will be starting. We are asking attendees to please bring an unwrapped gift of $10-15 for the raffle.

The events for Gold Rush Days should keep everyone busy with plenty of fun things to do. The latest info is on the Yreka Chamber of Commerce's web site, but will be updated with more details as the event gets closer.
Hope to see everyone there!

vesteroid

My wife and I will try and make it up for this one. I just drove through there last week, looks like a fun place to explore. It would be our first rally so not really sure what to expect, but think it sounds like fun to try.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi PJ and Karol,
The prizes for the raffle don't need to follow a theme. The way we do the raffle will tie into the whole gold rush thing and should be a lot of fun. Bring cash! The competition could be tough.:cool:

Kristy

PS The prizes Deb has told me she has gathered so far are fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.