EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: PA, Lancaster - 4/15/2016 to 4/17/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Wouldn't be a Heartland get together without Vinny and Mary Sue. See ya soon!!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Boy-o-Boy...going to be a BIG crowd around the bonfire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Boy-o-Boy...going to be a BIG crowd around the bonfire

Dale and I are not going to be able to make it to the camp out next weekend. We had to cancel our reservations today. Our new Bighorn has a hydraulic leak at the manifold and the part hasn't come in yet. We don't feel comfortable towing it anywhere until it's resolved. I can't tell you how disappointed we are but we will be at the rally in July! It better not take that long! We are really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Karen

travelin2

On boy. That's too bad. No reason you can't come down to the potluck on Saturday. As I recall you don't live that far away?!?!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
I will be making Corned Beef.. Oh how I cant wait to move that RV and see my friends!!

travelin2

And on second thought the Campout is a week away...what's the parts status?? Are you repairing yourself, dealer, or mobile tech??
Keep us up to date...

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
And on second thought the Campout is a week away...what's the parts status?? Are you repairing yourself, dealer, or mobile tech??
Keep us up to date...

Well, it's a long story. We know what's wrong. The manifold is cracked and needs replaced. Our dealer in Bath NY so we really don't want to take it back which is four hours away. Dale could probably do it himself but they won't let him. So... We have calls into Heartland and are using a mobile repAir service but someone dropped the ball. Maybe at Heartland. It's frustrating because if it wasn't a warranty issue we would be done by now.

Bones

Dale and I are not going to be able to make it to the camp out next weekend. We had to cancel our reservations today. Our new Bighorn has a hydraulic leak at the manifold and the part hasn't come in yet. We don't feel comfortable towing it anywhere until it's resolved. I can't tell you how disappointed we are but we will be at the rally in July! It better not take that long! We are really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Karen
Duct tape fixes everything

chaplady

Was informed today the part needed to fix ours will not be shipped until April 20th. Surprising yet not surprised the long lead time in shipping part from lippert. Oh well onto plan b. It's not a show stopper.

JWalker

Was informed today the part needed to fix ours will not be shipped until April 20th. Surprising yet not surprised the long lead time in shipping part from lippert. Oh well onto plan b. It's not a show stopper.

I'll bring a 4' level and a couple of blocks. No problem.

chaplady

I think we are OK. Level up back working just has no display on controller. Going to verify tomorrow when I pick trailer up from shop. Not a total failure. Heck we can always relive the Sundance days ole rockie might be fun lol

chaplady

There is just something wrong looking out the window almost middle of April watching snow fall. It's just isn't right lol.

travelin2

There is just something wrong looking out the window almost middle of April watching snow fall. It's just isn't right lol.

Urgh...l looked in our journal, last year in Elkhart, 4/22, we had snow showers all day. The next morning when we left the temp was well below freezing. I had on my puffy jacket while hooking up the BH!!!!

chaplady

Well get the cold out of its sytem this weekend and look forward to better weather next. It feels like an eternity since the last camping trip.

JWalker

Not what you want to see 6 days before rally time.

21be52.jpg

jnbhobe

Not what you want to see 6 days before rally time.

21be52.jpg

We had that much and then some this morning, it has all melted now but there is more coming tonight and real cold. I have the heat on till it warms up above freezing.

travelin2

We had that much and then some this morning, it has all melted now but there is more coming tonight and real cold. I have the heat on till it warms up above freezing.

Had an inch here. Much less than forecast. Melted now. Cold tonight, 20* they say. Heat on in BH. To be mid 50's and raining Monday.

travelin2

19* here last night. Thermostat in BH set at 40*, coach temp was 38 and the belly thermometer says 34. All the water runs!!!
Come on spring...

Status
Not open for further replies.