EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: GA, Pine Mountain, - 5/4/2012 to 5/6/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Re: EVENT: Heartland Southeast Regional Rally: GA, Pine Mountain, - 5/4/2012 to 5/6/2012

I see that Dick Hill and Reta are attending the rally. Has Dick said anything about peppers yet? I am on a learning curve about peppers.
Do not know how to fix them but can eat the heck out of them. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

hillsonwheels

Re: EVENT: Heartland Southeast Regional Rally: GA, Pine Mountain, - 5/4/2012 to 5/6/2012

NO...............Dick Hill has not said anything about fixing peppers........and, I oughta know!!!!

Dick Hill

Randy

Dick, After not fixing enough peppers for the Georgia rally to satisfy the group. I see that you have shipped peppers to Texas with Jim Bellitti.
I would think that you would feel a little guilt and make sure the Pine Mountain rally had plenty of peppers.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

davebennington

Welcome George & AnnaMarie Polacek the newest members to join the rally.

dave

davebennington

The latest Heartlanders to signup for the rally are, Mike & Maureen Woodard. Welcome

dave

davebennington

The latest attendees who have signed up o join us at Pine Mountain are Charles & Beverly Watts (ctuna0203).

dave

davebennington

We only have 37 days left until Pine Mountain rally time.

ctuna0203

2009 Bighorn 3580RL
2008 Ford F350 XLT crew cab longbed 4x2 6.4 turbodiesel
HOC#1469

davebennington

Charles,

Happy to see that you are joining us.

dave

dick12444

Sorry we're going to have to withdraw from the Rally. Need to move my Mother-in-Law at that time. Hope to see everyone in Hilton Head. Have a good rally'
Dick & Debbie Hazel

Randy

Santha and I just bought a memory foam bed for our Sundance. We had two foam topper's on the original bed. If anybody want's the foam topper's we
will bring them to the SE rally at Pine Mountain. First person wins the door prize. Randy Santha and the Poodles

Zonian

We had hoped to attend. However Andrea had to have a total hip replacemnt and will be laid up for a few months.

davebennington

Les,

Sorry you cannot make it to the rally, hope all goes well with Andrea's operation and recovery. There will be other rallies.

dave

davebennington

Hi Everyone,

Time is growing short to signup for the Southeastern Regional Rally. If you are planning on coming to the rally signup NOW!! We will have to release the reserved sites in a few days. Also I will have to place the T-shirt order very soon.

See you at the rally

dave

Rodbuster

??? Pot Luck ???

The "Pine Mountain, Georgia rally" is coming up pretty soon. It's going to be the first rally that my wife and I attend and we are really looking forward to it. We went out to dinner with Mickey and Bonnie last night (they just hosted the Florida rally a couple of weeks ago) and they told us that we are in for a great time.

My question is, how are the "pot luck" dinners coordinated? How do you know what to bring so duplications don't become an issue?
I certainly don't want to bring 40 or 50 lobsters if somebody else has that planned... lol.

Dick

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Re: ??? Pot Luck ???

I don't know how anyone else does it, but in all the potlucks that we have had-whether planned or an after rally unplanned potluck-we have never coordinated anything. Always an abundance of of food, from salad to desserts.

We do always ask for people to bring their own drinks, flatware and dishes.

If you can make it to the Hilton Head rally next week, you can have a practice potluck. :D

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Hey Dick and Fran, come on up to Virginia Beach next month. I'm sure no one will mind if you bring extra lobster ;).

I'm with Larry - somehow it just always works out, even without any planning. Besides, who's complaining if everyone brings dessert?!

GETnBYE

I certainly don't want to bring 40 or 50 lobsters if somebody else has that planned... lol.

Dick

Well of course you can bring 40 or 50 lobster.......you will be very welcome to bring them to the AlaMissibamassippee rally potluck dinner,LOL.;)

I can't really answer your question. I am a planner too, but I have learned to "go with the flow" with the potlucks. It seems to always work out.
Try to hit 2 categories of these: Meat dish, Vegetable dish, Dessert, Bread, Salad. How much you brings depends on the crowd and if it is something that can be re-rallied for the after the rally rally.

I think this post might win the most times to use the word "Rally":p
Enjoy the rally, and don't stress, there is always more than enough food and a last minute meal can be cooked up by some of the ladies who remind me of Ms. Paula Deen with the way they can re-do leftover sandwiches with a grill and some BUTTA into a fabo meal.

You are very welcome to come join the fun at the Ms/AL rally with or without the lobsters, it is coming up in a few short weeks.
------>>>>>>>//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...es-4-26-2012-to-4-29-2012?p=193967#post193967

jbeletti

The "Pine Mountain, Georgia rally" is coming up pretty soon.... ...My question is, how are the "pot luck" dinners coordinated? How do you know what to bring so duplications don't become an issue?

Dick,

In my experience, only the smallest of gatherings, say 4 to 6 couples, really need their potluck offerings to be coordinated. I was at a rally many years ago that had about 5 rigs and 3 people brought baked beans, 1 brought salad and only 1 couple brought meat (grilled tri-tip - yummy).

We still had fun!

No worries on a rally the size of the Regional rally though. There will be decent variety and for the record, I'm in favor of you bringing lobster :)

See you there.

Jim

Last edited:

davebennington

Dick & Fran,

YES!!! By all means bring 50 lobsters. LOL.

When it comes to potlucks it reminds me of an organization that we belonged to years ago (power squadron) when they had a potluck nothing was planned, the officers said if everyone brought baked beans we would all have baked beans or if everyone brought salad we all would have salad. etc.... you get the idea. The strange thing was there was very little duplication of food.

That said if you would like to be the coordinator for the potluck for the Southeastern Regional rally I would be OK with that, just send me an e-mail or PM and I will fill you in on what I have planned.

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.