EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: IA, Amana - 10/3/2014 to 10/5/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Re: EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: IA, Amana - 9/27/2014 to 10/5/2014

Don, we're not having any vendors in Amana. There will be plenty of people there that are pretty smart, so maybe something can be figured out with your system.

Jim Posz

Don, I will be at Amana and have a set of TST monitors which I was able to eventually successfully program. Feel free to look me up and maybe I'll be able to remember how the heck I did it. (no guarantees offered). I like the monitors but the directions leave a lot to be desired.
JIm

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired

Is there anyone interested in a round of golf on 9-3 to 10-2 (we arrive on the 29th). If so I will try to find something reasonably priced nearby.

GOTTOYS

Don, I will be at Amana and have a set of TST monitors which I was able to eventually successfully program. Feel free to look me up and maybe I'll be able to remember how the heck I did it. (no guarantees offered). I like the monitors but the directions leave a lot to be desired.
JIm
Thanks Jim. I think mine are programmed but I believe one of my sensors is inop, among other things. This was after just getting the whole system back from TST to have them go over it. I've all but given up. I'll track you down and we can try it but I'm not real hopeful. I'm pretty frustrated with it....Don

Paul & Nan

What will be happening during pre rally? Had once seenu something about a JD tour, anything more on that?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

What will be happening during pre rally? Had once seenu something about a JD tour, anything more on that?

If there is interest, I can arrange a John Deere tour. John Deere Tractor works and Engine works are located in Waterloo, IA. Last year, we took a tour of the Tractor plant. The tour should probably be on Wednesday. http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US...visitors/tours_attractions/factorytours.page?
The Engine works also offers tours.

Most likely, It would be a 10 AM tour unless people are interested in getting the 8 AM tour. Tours are 1.5 hours. It takes about 1 hr 15 min to drive to Waterloo from the Amanas
Let me know if your interested and the time your interested.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Is there anyone interested in a round of golf on 9-3 to 10-2 (we arrive on the 29th). If so I will try to find something reasonably priced nearby.
There are several golf courses nearby.
The closest being the Amana Colonies Golf Course. Not exactly cheap but very nice.
Two others are: a 9 hole course over near Marengo.
Airport National - south of Cedar Rapids 27 hole course.

There are also other courses in the area.

jbeletti

I'd be interested in an Engine Works plant tour if one is arranged.

For anyone who has not done the Tractor Works plant tour - I urge you to do it. It's really cool, very informative and well done.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired

Dave will play golf. We arrive on the 28th. Thanks!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

Paul & Nan

Change in our plans, not arriving the 27th, will be there the 29th as we will be visiting friends in DesMoines first.

olcoon

I went on the JD tour last year and it was great! As a JD owner x2 (one a lawn mower) I was very interested & impressed with the tour. Also especially after the tour I'm glad I've got a JD tractor!!!

mtnspet

My husband, Bill, asked me to post he is interested in playing golf. We arrive on the 25th.

Bill and DeAnna Haynes

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member

Sign me up or the John Deere tour.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired

Dan wants to go on tour also... So does hoyt...

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader

Sign Marti and me up for the JD tour too

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Dave and I want to go on the tour also.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Jim Posz

Betty and I would be interested in the JD tour as well. 10 am would be preferable to 8 am, but we can suck it up and set the alarm for the earlier one if that is the consensus of the group. We have not been on either tour before, so we are game for either one. We'll need to arrive a couple of nights earlier than originally planned, so please let us know if it is a definite so we can let the campground know. Thanks.

dbbls59

Joyce and I are interested in the JD factory tour. Prefer the 10:00 tour but would still go with the 8:00 tour it that is the preferred one.

Status
Not open for further replies.