EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Rodanthe * - 4/30/2010 to 05/02/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
In defense of Larry & I, food fights are therapeutic. We only participate for the stress relief value.

Although Keith is certainly old enough for an adult beverage, that does not qualify him to be an adult supervisor. How can you justify that from a guy who lives and works with elves, slips in and out of peoples homes (through the chimney no less), and drives around the world spreading reindeer droppings?

I'd suggest that second opinions should be sought!

Yeah but, I'm not really supervising adults. Just you and Larry. Besides, I'm no longer slippin in and out of peoples homes and certainly not spreading reindeer droppings. At least not for another 360 days. Reindeer are all resting comfortably and I've already sent my suit out to the cleaners to remove all the ashes and soot. -- So I've got plenty of time to sit back, relax and stupidvise you and Larry.:) See, second opinion provided.:D

Thanks Gus for the info. I took our prior travel trailer to Myrtle Beach with the girls when Sam was in the Middle East in October 2007, so hook-up at home was easy, especially with Kelley as my guide for lining the truck up.

My biggest concern is that darn poo-line! But I like your idea of doing a run through of it all a couple times. I guess that means we'll have to do a few trips to a local state park, like Jordan Lake or maybe a campground near the zoo before we see you all on the Outer Banks.

Thanks again.

Chrissy,

I'm sure there will be plenty of help available. At least one of our other North Trail owners will be in before you arrive, and I think the rest of us will be able to help out also. I recommend you do a practice hookup (or two) before your first real trip. The primary things to remember with the Travel Trailer is to make sure the tongue is higher up than the hitch before you back up to hoop up (learned that from a bad experience with a boat), and get centered as close as possible. You can make a line in the center of your rear window with a non-permanent marker and that will help you line up with the center on the trailer. Make sure you have a good road guide and maintain visual contact with them when you're backing up. Discuss hand signals and verbal "commands" before you start the back up/hook up process. You don't have to be perfectly centered to let the tongue down on the hitch ball, just real close. When the hitch is fully supporting the weight of the trailer be sure to lock the trailer tongue down. We used an actual lock with our boat to make sure the mechanisms didn't vibrate loose. The wiring hookup is pretty self explanatory. Don't forget about the safety chains. They should be crossed when attaching to the tow vehicle (left chain on right hook of tow vehicle and vice versa). Hope that helps a little. Give it a practice and let us know how you do!.

Hope I got all that right right! Hopefully one of our North Trail owners will chime in with more. I'm going off the cuff from my boat trailer experience.

f250dieseldad

Chrissy, I know an expert on poop pipes. Bill40 will be happy to hook it up for you!!!!!!!!!!! He is also very good at cleaning up the mess:) Don't ask how I know!
John

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Bill will be the guest speaker for the Sat night dinner:eek:. His topic will be (well...you can fill that in).

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Thanks Gus for the info. I took our prior travel trailer to Myrtle Beach with the girls when Sam was in the Middle East in October 2007, so hook-up at home was easy, especially with Kelley as my guide for lining the truck up.

My biggest concern is that darn poo-line! But I like your idea of doing a run through of it all a couple times. I guess that means we'll have to do a few trips to a local state park, like Jordan Lake or maybe a campground near the zoo before we see you all on the Outer Banks.

Thanks again.

Hey Chrissy,

Just watch the movie "RV" It will show you what NOT to do and that will make it much easier to know what TO do:D:D

jgoddardg

Outer Banks rally

Hey, is it too late to sign up for the rally? Should we make campground reservations through them? Contact info?

Thanks!

boatto5er

Hey, is it too late to sign up for the rally? Should we make campground reservations through them? Contact info?

Thanks!

John,

There is still time. Go ahead and call the Campground. Check out the details in the first post of this thread. Also, after you get signed up, post your T-shirt sizes or send an email to Dave Yocum so we get you on the list for those. We'd love to see you and Debra again! You can email me with any questions.

Gus

jgoddardg

Eastern Regional Rally

The WV Mountaineers will arrive on Apr 29 and depart on May 3, hooking up on site 398. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

boatto5er

The WV Mountaineers will arrive on Apr 29 and depart on May 3, hooking up on site 398. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

John,

That's terrific:). It'll be good to see you and Debra again! You make state # 12 to be represented at the rally:D!

Last edited:

Elevatorman

Thanks again.

Ask, ask, ask! Most everyone will be able to help, and love doing it! I've included a link to a neat item I've suggested to others, and they have loved it. Thought it was also at Camping World but I couldn't find it on the site. http://www.amazon.com/Valley-Tow-53410-Hitch-Aligner/dp/B00153ZTR0
Someone else might know where else it can be found.
Could come in handy if you don't have that wonderful help hitching!

Thanks, ElevatorMan,

I've seen that and it looks like a nice assist in getting lined up. I'll keep it in mind.

And Happy Birthday, tomorrow. I had a nice birthday yesterday!

Ask, ask, ask! Most everyone will be able to help, and love doing it! I've included a link to a neat item I've suggested to others, and they have loved it. Thought it was also at Camping World but I couldn't find it on the site. http://www.amazon.com/Valley-Tow-53410-Hitch-Aligner/dp/B00153ZTR0
Someone else might know where else it can be found.
Could come in handy if you don't have that wonderful help hitching!

boatto5er

T-Shirt Reminder

Don't forget to get your Rally T-Shirt order into Dave Yocum. The last day to order is Mar 31.

Elevatorman

Thanks, ElevatorMan,

I've seen that and it looks like a nice assist in getting lined up. I'll keep it in mind.

And Happy Birthday, tomorrow. I had a nice birthday yesterday!

Great to hear about your birthday! Happy belated to you! Thank you for the wish. Practice a couple of times an hook it up and go! Rodanthe is such a great place to relax in the spring. My BC is headed to the "doctors" this week for holding water in the overhang? Worried!. I want so bad to attend the spring NC rally, but am having conflicts at work, since I may be retired by then. Heck I'm ready to go now but I'm delaying the reservations for a while. Fingers are crossed we work it out! See ya there!

boatto5er

Great to hear about your birthday! Happy belated to you! Thank you for the wish. Practice a couple of times an hook it up and go! Rodanthe is such a great place to relax in the spring. My BC is headed to the "doctors" this week for holding water in the overhang? Worried!. I want so bad to attend the spring NC rally, but am having conflicts at work, since I may be retired by then. Heck I'm ready to go now but I'm delaying the reservations for a while. Fingers are crossed we work it out! See ya there!

Don't wait too long! We'd love to have you join us there.

HowardBJr

HowardBJr
Every rally we do an upgrade. The Spring 2009 rally we started with a "rustic cabin" with a restroom that was about a quarter mile away. In the fall 2009 rally we upgraded to a prototype Heartland "Little Horn" and almost ended up in the ocean during the storm. This time we've upgraded to a 2011 Augusta. We will be at site #336.

Kathy, Rosie (our Yorkie) and my mother will be coming. We're looking forward to seeing everyone again.

jgoddardg

Deb and I have signed up for the SC rally in Longs, so we plan to go directly from there to Hatteras on April 27. We've extended our stay at Hatteras from the 27th through May 3. We're looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.