EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: TN, Sevierville - 4/21/2016 to 4/24/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillsonwheels

Dave,
We are registered for the rally. Will arrive on the 16th and depart on the 25th. Was assigned site 230. We're still in the Bighorn and HOC number is 1068.

Tee shirt sizes are XL. And, Reta is still thinking about the craft thing.

Nabo, I am volunteering to be laughed at while playing golf on Wednesday....

davebennington

Yea,
The Hills are coming. Do not worrying about everyone laughing at you because they will be rolling on the ground laughing at me as bad as I am. Let me know what Reta decides.

dave

dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
golf-clip-art-golfball.jpgFantastic Dick, will put you down for golf. By the way - we have a guest player from Sevierville who is also going to play with the group. The head count so far are: John Linstrom, WayneCooper, Dick Hill, Nathan Mathis and Rusty Treadway (Sevierville Town Administrator). Dave Yocum might be a possibility. Come on folks - who else wants to play. I know there are more golfers out there.

davebennington

We are looking for folks who have a meat smoker, and would be willing to participate in helping smoke for the potluck that will be held Pre-rally on Wednesday evening. If you have a smoker and would be willing to help let me know so I can coordinate the event.

So far we have:
Neal Behm
Jim Beletti
Randy Allen

Email me at: dyocum881@yahoo.com

Thanks,

dave

davebennington

Saturday night is a special night as we are offering a Pigeon Forge dinner show to rally attendees. Billed as Feudin’ Feastin’ Family Fun we will be attending The Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show™! Picture West Side Story set in the mountains, with clogs instead of wing tips and twangy bluegrass music instead of Leonard Bernstein. Just remember, this is not a historical production, so get ready for cheesy jokes and silly dance numbers. If you like a side dish of fake dance-fightin’ with your supper — and who doesn’t — you will definitely want to join us.
Dinner is a Full Southern Homestyle Feast and includes:

• Feudin' Fried Chick'n
  • Open Pit Pulled-to-Pieces Pork Barbeque
  • Southern Style Creamy Soup
  • Smashed Mashed Taters
  • Buttery Corn on the Cob
  • Ma's Hot Homemade Bread
  • No Tellin' What's In It Coleslaw
  • Granny's Famous Specialty Dessert

Speaking of dinner, make sure you get there early, at least 45 minutes or so – as the dinner service ends at 5:00pm when the show begins!

The dinner theater is located between lights 0 and 1 on the main Parkway in Pigeon Forge, next door to the Titanic Museum.

Here’s the good news. The regular price for this show is $54.95 per person, BUT we are very pleased to be able to offer this show to you for the low, low price of $25.00 per person, thanks to the generosity of Heartland RVs.

Tickets do need to be paid for and purchased in advance. Send your checks to me, David Yocum, PO Box 571, Placida FL 33946. The checks must be in my hands absolutely no later than April 1, 2016. We will not be able to obtain additional tickets after this date, so please don’t ask.

davebennington

Several of you have asked about the craft Class, as far as the date and time. First things first the class will be presented by quilter extraordinaire Chris Brotemarkle. Chris has a great deal of experience in quilting, we are so lucky to have her give up her time for us.

The craft class is a Pre-Rally event and will be on Wednesday morning at 10 AM, however if there is enough interest we plan to do another session in the afternoon,

dave

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Dave gave you a hint of the plan for the Wednesday Pre-Rally dinner extravaganza. Hopefully my enthusiasm will catch on and this will be a feast to remember!

THE FIRST (and maybe last) Southeast Region Pre-rally POTLUCK and SMOKE-OFF WEDNESDAY evening APRIL 20.

I came up with the idea of a Smoke-Off for one of the dinners at Sevierville and Dave thought it was a good idea (especially if I volunteered to take charge of it)!

I realize not everyone owns a smoker let alone travels with a smoker in their rig. That's not a problem as I'm sure that those "non smokers" will bring a wonderful contribution to the meal as they always do.

What I'm hoping is that those who do like to cook with a smoker will share the outcome of their best efforts. It doesn't matter if you crank up the smoker at the rally or taunt your neighbors at home with the delectable aroma then bring it to the rally!

I will bring a meat slicer along if your favorite offering is better served sliced. (Any other required items like meat, wood chips and smoker will NOT be provided)

So far the only known contributors will be Randy Allen, Jim Beletti and myself . Those who attended the Kentucky and Tennessee rallies in October know what Jim and I can serve up! We're not worried about duplications because small differences in technique can make big differences in the outcome. C'mon and show us how you do it!
Turkey Breast.JPG

We would like for all those willing to show off their smokey dining delights to send your name and what you are planning to bring (also, let us know of any items that we hadn't thought of and are able to provide) to: RALLYSMOKEOFF@YAHOO.COM

Remember this is a potluck dinner! If you aren't bringing something from your smoker you are still invited to bring a side dish or dessert to share with all to enjoy.

davebennington

Hi all,

Attached is an update from RV for Less about what specials that will be available from Mor/ryde Ind.

Good Friday Heartland Owners;
We hope that this newest email finds you doing well and are enjoying this weird winter so far. I know there weather has been crazy here in Knoxville and continues to be unpredictable again this week. There was some good news this week in the fact that Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow, meaning that we will not have the six extra weeks of winter! So what this means is that we should be excited that we will be getting our units ready a little bit earlier than normal! YAY!
What this means is that the weather will be better and warmer than what we have experienced in the past. So if you are needing some work done to your camper or just wanting to add some new things give us a call and schedule your work before or after the rally in April. Come and enjoy a couple more days in the beautiful Smokey Mountains and let us service your camper, no job is to big or small, for our talented technicians.
This week we are revealing the discounts for MORryde for those of you in attendance at the rally April 21-24, 2016 at River Plantation RV Park. Gary Wheeler of MORryde will be doing a seminar on Friday, April 22 at 9:00 am to discuss their extensive inventory available to each of you. Make sure you sign up and take advantage of Gary’s vast knowledge of the RV industry. Below you will find a list of MORryde’s offers:

1. 15% off Entry door step with free shipping
http://www.morryde.com/products/154-entry-step?return=/product-category/8-other-products

1. 15% off Sweet Mattress Deck Slide with free shipping
http://www.morryde.com/products/134...ide?return=/product-category/8-other-products

1. 15% off The Chair Buddy with free shipping
http://www.morryde.com/products/123-the-chair-buddy?return=/product-category/8-other-products
The above list is just a couple of the products that MORryde offers. Make sure to attend the seminar to find out more about this great company. There may be some more products offered later on so keep your eyes out for that.
Only eleven weeks left until the Heartland Rally! Are you registered yet? Remember these and the future discounts will only be available to those in attendance.
We hope to see you there!!

dave

Attachments

• Heartland Rally letter 2.5.2016.docx
    81.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Dave,
count us in for the dinner show, I will mail a check tomorrow . Can't remember if I gave shirt sizes, if it's too late let me know.
Linda

jnv

Dave,

Jerry and I are interested in attending the show on Saturday. I will be mailing the check tomorrow. Thanks for setting this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.