EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: TN, Sevierville - 4/21/2016 to 4/24/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

davebennington

I just received word from John & Alina Lindstrom they have to cancel and cannot make it to the rally.:( We will miss you both.

dave

davebennington

This is just a heads up for everyone who has sent a check for the dinner theater in the past couple of days. I will get it however right now we are in VA packing up things and organizing things for the move to Fl. Please do not worry when we return to FL I will pickup the checks and let each of you know I have received them, just hang on for about a week or so. The USPS is holding the mail in Fl for us. OK.

dave

Chrisvh

Attention Crafters!!! I've decided two smaller groups would be preferable to one large one, so I'll be holding the Quilt Magic class twice, once from 10:00 am to noon, and again from 1:00pm-3:00, both on Wed. the 20th. If you have a preference, shoot me a message; otherwise I'll just assign you and will get word to you on Tues. when we arrive. You may not quite finish in the time allowed, (after all, there has to be time for socializing!) but it shouldn't take much longer and you'll get the technique down pat during the class time.

IMPORTANT: Here's a list of supplies you'll need to bring:
1. Common table knife with a thin blade (the lighter weight, the better!); OR a butter/cheese spreader (a small canape knife works great!); OR even a disposable plastic knife can work. You may want to bring several options if you have them--one may work better for you than another. Sharp serrations are not recommended.
2. Sharp craft knife (box cutter type). I'll have several of these we can share if necessary. It is only used briefly.
3. Sharp small scissors suitable for cutting paper and fabric.
4. A pencil and pen--any crafters or quilters who may have a white marking pen might bring those as well.
5. Optional: Tweezers (fingernails work as well!)--useful for removing fabric from slots if necessary.

Let me know if you have any questions--see you all soon!
Chris B.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
golf happy cartoon.jpgWe have a couple of spots open for the golfing on Wednesday. If you would like to join in, just say so. Tee times are in the morning at 9:00 and 9:10.

Lane

Illinios Chapter Leader-Retired
Dave, Elaine and I will be attending the rally. We have reservations and will arrive on 4/17 and leave 4/24 site 177. Looking forward to enjoy the Smokey Mountains and attend the South East Rally. Paul

davebennington

Paul,
Happy that both of you are joining us for the rally.

I do need some more information from you.

What are your T-shirt sizes?

Are you and/or Elaine interested in going to the craft class on 4/20 Wednesday?

And finally do you want to attend the Dinner theater on Saturday evening? For this event there is a charge of $25.00 per person.

Look forward to meeting you.

dave

davebennington

It is getting late, but not to late to register for the Southeast Region Rally in Sevierville, TN. A short 30 days until the fun begins, call and register now.

dave

GETnBYE

Looks like a few sites may be opening up from snowbirds going home, we were just able to get in earlier.
It is getting late, but not to late to register for the Southeast Region Rally in Sevierville, TN. A short 30 days until the fun begins, call and register now.

dave

davebennington

Hey Guys,

Not to worry I have 100 sites reserved with a commitment from River Plantation that if we need more they will work with us tp make it happen. So come on call and register lets make this the the first Region Rally to git 100 or more.

Right now we are at 83 rigs signup.

dave

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Chris,

I had not signed up for the crafts but now looks like I will be there earlier than planned. Please put me down for the 10:00am class.

Thanks
Rachel Lester

dix36

Can't remember if I asked to be added to golf list or not.....I will offer my services as the go to guy for all comments about "golfer wannabes!" Please make sure my name is on the list.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Golf_Ball_Gopher_Hole.pngYou're in Dick. The golfers are: Wayne Cooper, Dick Hill, Ken Hyde, Nathan Mathis and possibly Dave Yocum. Mike Stewart and John Linstrom had to cancel. We also have a guest player Rusty Treadway. ​Anyone else want to join in the fun :) :)

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Just a reminder....Wednesday's Pot Luck dinner will feature smoked food items!
We've had 4 sign up to show off their culinary smoking skills and would love to have others show us their favorite smoked food items. You can smoke it before you get to the rally for your convenience too.
These won't be the only things offered at the pot luck but smoked meats seem to be pretty popular and some of us thought it might be fun to feature that for one meal!

Most importantly we'll need lots of taste-testers.......what do you think?

Attachments

• Turkey Breast.JPG
    Turkey Breast.JPG
    725 KB · Views: 25

jbeletti

Neale - I'm thinking about smoking a pork butt in the Orion Cooker for pulled pork and maybe a few slabs of ribs in the small electric smoker.

Been a couple years since I used the Orion Cooker. The only thing I liked that I cooked in it was pork butts. Cooks them REAL fast too.
orion_cooker.jpg

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Neale - I'm thinking about smoking a pork butt in the Orion Cooker for pulled pork and maybe a few slabs of ribs in the small electric smoker.

Been a couple years since I used the Orion Cooker. The only thing I liked that I cooked in it was pork butts. Cooks them REAL fast too.
I'm looking forward to sampling more of your smokey delights!
We picked up several whole turkey breasts and if I have room in the smoker I'm going to fill the space with a CORNED beef brisket for something a little different!

Status
Not open for further replies.