EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: WY, Gillette - 6/14/2012 to 6/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Jim, when do you anticipate the release of the itinerary?

Soon! I am working with Corporate to approve and my speaker list and help me obtain those speakers for seminars. When that is complete, I feel it will be time to publish a near final agenda.

Jim

jbeletti

Jim, I may have missed it, but is Lippert offering any rally specials, as they did last year? Thanks, Trace

Trace,

Yes! This was nailed down early this week. I am just waiting for the flier from Lippert. They expect to be able to get that to me in another week or two.

I can say that there will be special pricing on quite a few items from Lippert. Unlike past years though, the pricing on aftermarket LevelUp won't be as generous. The reason being that Lippert now has several approved dealers and service centers for LevelUp sales and installation. With a 3rd party retail operation, they need to preserve those retailers.

The silver lining in this is that LevelUp can now be done without having to go to Indiana to get it done. I believe they will also be offering promotions on the Reico-Titan Ground Control (electric) leveling system.

Jim

jbeletti

Note to Gillette rally attendees arriving on day 1 of the rally

The following email was sent out last night to 6 rally attendees who are arriving on the first day of the rally. I reprint this email here in case anyone misses it via email.

2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally
This note is being sent to 6 rally attendees who are arriving on June 14.

Hi rally attendee's first name,

The 2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Gillette, WY will have a Heartland Marketplace element to it. The Heartland Marketplace is comprised of a collection of companies selected by me to be allowed to vend RV and related products/services from small booth spaces in our rally hall during the rally and possibly outside in the rally hall parking lot. The Marketplace was planned to be open Thursday and Friday.

The rally will also have 2 full-days of seminars and presentations, Thursday and Friday, from 8am to 4pm. I mention this so you are aware up-front, that seminars will be in-progress on your day of arrival. As such, you will miss out on some rally content.

A month or so ago, as I was analyzing the arrival dates for rally attendees, I found that a very large majority of rally attendees are arriving between June 7 and June 12. As such, I decided to add an additional day (Wednesday, June 13) to the Heartland Marketplace to give early arriving rally attendees yet another thing to consider doing on a pre-rally day.

So, this additional day of vending is not an official rally day, rather, it's an added pre-rally item. I mention this to you so that you are not surprised upon your arrival to find people already in the rally hall going through the Marketplace. Take no pressure from this as you'll have Thursday and Friday to visit the Marketplace.

It's quite understandable for those of us who are still in the workforce, that we simply don't have unlimited days off to arrive at this rally earlier than already planned. If however, you have additional flexibility and you'd like to add one or more additional nights stay to the front of your rally stay:
1. You can edit your registration by following the link below, or
2. You may contact Club Manager, Julie Hancock at club@heartlandowners.org and tell her your new day of arrival or
3. You may reply to me via this email with your new day of arrival and I will pass it to Julie to alter your registration

Note that each additional night's camping is $25. We will bill the same credit card you used for your initial registration. If that credit card is no longer valid or if you wish to use a different one, kindly work with Julie and she will work with you on it.

Look for a significant agenda update to be emailed to you very soon and no matter your arrival date is, we're looking forward to having a great time with you in Gillette.

Link to your registration: View details

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

Last edited:

jbeletti

A note to Gillette rally attendees that are arriving the day before the rally begins

The following email was sent out last night to 27 rally attendees who are arriving the day before the rally begins. I reprint this email here in case anyone misses it via email.

2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally
This note is being sent to 27 rally attendees who are arriving on June 13.

Hi rally attendee's first name,

The 2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Gillette, WY will have a Heartland Marketplace element to it. The Heartland Marketplace is comprised of a collection of companies selected by me to be allowed to vend RV and related products/services from small booth spaces in our rally hall during the rally and possibly outside in the rally hall parking lot.

A month or so ago, as I was analyzing the arrival dates for rally attendees, I found that a very large majority of rally attendees are arriving between June 7 and June 12. As such, I decided to add an additional day (Wednesday, June 13) to the Heartland Marketplace to give early arriving rally attendees yet another thing to consider doing on a pre-rally day.

So, this additional day of vending is not an official rally day, rather, it's an added pre-rally item. I mention this to you so that you are not surprised upon your arrival to find people already in the rally hall going through the Marketplace.

Take no pressure from this as you'll have Thursday and Friday to visit the Marketplace. On the other-hand, if you'd like to add one or more additional nights stay to the front of your rally stay:
1. You can edit your registration by following the link below, or
2. You may contact Club Manager, Julie Hancock at club@heartlandowners.org and tell her your new day of arrival or
3. You may reply to me via this email with your new day of arrival and I will pass it to Julie to alter your registration

Note that each additional night's camping is $25. We will bill the same credit card you used for your initial registration. If that credit card is no longer valid or if you wish to use a different one, kindly work with Julie and she will work with you on it.

Look for a significant agenda update to be emailed to you very soon and no matter your arrival date is, we're looking forward to having a great time with you in Gillette.

Link to your registration: View details

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

Last edited:

wdk450

Re: A note to Gillette rally attendees that are arriving the day before the rally begins

Jim B:
After all of the travelling to get to Gillette, my rig is going to need a detailing going over. Will there be a mobile detailing service availible, and can we get a discount???

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: A note to Gillette rally attendees that are arriving the day before the rally begins

Jim B:
After all of the travelling to get to Gillette, my rig is going to need a detailing going over. Will there be a mobile detailing service availible, and can we get a discount???

If there is no service at the rally, I plan on running through a Blue Beacon Truck Wash for a quick, soap only wash.

Here's a link to their locations. http://www.bluebeacon.com/LocationInformation/LocationList/default.aspx

Trace

jayc

Legendary Member

I like the work done at the Blue Beacons but I add the Rain-X rinse. I met a guy that owned truck washes and he highly recommended Rain-X but not the other brands out there. He said that they will turn yellow over time.

TandT

Jay, I like Rain X products, but I have Rejex on my rig, so I don't know if I should add another product.

Guess I'll call them and find out. Trace

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader

New to using truck stop washes. Always was told to avoid them due to high pressure causing leaks and blowing windows out??? anyone had these problems or just old wives tales?? After 2000 miles the rig will sure need it.

tom

TandT

Tom, I just ask them not to spray directly into the slide seals or windows. Most of them are pretty good about it.

One thing I do tell them is "no chemicals". I say I want a "soap only" wash.
You have to be careful on that part. I've had them start to spray my truck as I am driving in. I wave my hand and say "soap only". Trace

jayc

Legendary Member

I always tell them low pressure, soap only and the Rain-X rinse. Comes out sparkling. HERE is a location list for Blue Beacons.

wdk450

The truck wash I have used in North Sacramento has an automated sprayer tower. So far I have only had my dually truck done there.
I get a wash from my storage facility every time I come back, but there is a lot of tar and old stuff under the overhang that they did not get off, hence the need for a detailer.
Jim B, I hope you are still listening.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader

Thanks, sounds like a definite plan. My TV has never been through a "brush" carwash only the true touchless ones for a quick preclean.

tom

jbeletti

No RV washing or detailing contractor planned for this rally. Have never done it for these rallies. I will find out if we can wash our own rigs on our sites.

Jim

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

The truck wash I have used in North Sacramento has an automated sprayer tower. So far I have only had my dually truck done there.
I get a wash from my storage facility every time I come back, but there is a lot of tar and old stuff under the overhang that they did not get off, hence the need for a detailer.
Jim B, I hope you are still listening.

Bill, If you don't have any luck let me know and I'll see what I can set up for you in Cody.

TandT

Since I'm not getting any rally E-mails, has anyone heard anything more about the Lippert promotions?

I know Jim's probably up to his kiester in alligators about now, putting this whole thing together. Trace

jbeletti

Roger on the alligators Trace :)

Yes, the Lippert promos are ready. I've been waiting on the Mor/ryde and Dexter promos as I wanted to send them all out at the same time. Well, I may just send the Lippert one out in the next few days.

Just to manage people's expectations, I will say that the pricing on some items is not as nice as it's been in the past. The reason is that now, Lippert has a growing dealer base to protect. Anyone in business knows that as a manufacturer, you cannot sell product direct at killer prices and keep a happy dealer/rep base. So the pricing is less than the average Joe can get but it may not blow you away.

Also, Lippert will not be selling/installing products at the rally. They have never done that. The deals will be on products shipped to you or installed at a Lippert location. Some items can only be installed in Goshen, IN, so much of that won't be of any value to those in the west. Still, there's a fair amount of product that's self-installable or installable at a Lippert location that may be closer to you than Indiana.

This all said, Lippert did buy Reico Titan and some of their product "may" be purchasable through the RV dealer (Stalkups) that will be at the rally. Details still being worked out on that by Mobile Outfitters, who will also be at the rally representing Lippert and Lippert products.

Mor/ryde will likely offer to install pinboxes at the rally, so that's nice if you want a Mor/ryde pin box.

Dexter may be selling some upgrades (wet bolts for example) at the rally but I don't think they will be installing them.

Jim, I have a question.
On the Rally page you have a Click Me to see who is attending.
Which to me does not give much information.
Now follow me on this. On page #9, post #72 you have listed a "Click here " When you do that, it takes you to another page and if scroll down to page #1 and it says Gillette, WY Rally, Attendee Directory.
This directory has everything posted, golf carts included.
This is much better than the other one, so why not just post this one at the start.
My Michigan Chapter leader sent me an email wondering how I knew the names of the people from Michigan who are attending, and the reason is from this other list.

Thanks

Hockster

jbeletti

Hockster,

The link on the Portal page was placed there and linked to a report before there were any registrations. Later on, I created a nicer report and put in the rally forum. This is why 2 reports exist.

FIXED :)

Thanks,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.