EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: WY, Gillette - 6/14/2012 to 6/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandm

Mary Beth & I will be at the Gellette rally both as members & as vendors, we missed Goshen last year due to some health issues, everything is go this year. Looking foreward to seeing old friends & meeting new ones.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lin & I have given a lot of thought to our decision and we've made our choice. We're leaving the Bighorn down in Port Richey, FL for the summer. That said, we've canceled our registration for the Gillette Rally:( and will not be doing any RVing this summer. I guess the main reasons are fuel costs and a little bit of getting tired of hauling the rig around. On the plus side, we'll be able to save a lot of money this summer.
The Park in Port Richey has a great 6+6 rate and they were able to put us on a really nice large site. For sure we'll miss all you rally goers but my guess is we'll be in Goshen for sure in 2013.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
The "spots available" on the front page is going the wrong way. :-(

I'll go to Gillette. It's half as far as Goshen (still 1100 miles), for left coasters.

Last edited:

DougAndJudy

Lin & I have given a lot of thought to our decision and we've made our choice. We're leaving the Bighorn down in Port Richey, FL for the summer. That said, we've canceled our registration for the Gillette Rally:( and will not be doing any RVing this summer. I guess the main reasons are fuel costs and a little bit of getting tired of hauling the rig around. On the plus side, we'll be able to save a lot of money this summer.
The Park in Port Richey has a great 6+6 rate and they were able to put us on a really nice large site. For sure we'll miss all you rally goers but my guess is we'll be in Goshen for sure in 2013.

Ray and Lin -

Sorry to see that you're not going to Gillette. We were looking forward to catching up with you there. Congrats on finding a great site for the winter!

jayc

Legendary Member
Ray and Lin, we're sorry that we won't see you in Gillette but certainly understand about the rising fuel prices. We'll miss you guys!

I see the openings for sites is increasing too. Sad.....

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ray.. We will miss you also. If you really want to go to Gillette all you have to do is cut out a few unneeded item, like food, Meds, and such.. Just keep the clothes. Find a semi and draft as many as you can to get better fuel mileage... Sure you can't make it?.. Beer and milk is more expensive than diesel fuel...

We will miss you.

BC

TandT

A public service announcement (AKA, My two cents worth)

If you get 10 mpg towing and fuel is 4.00 per gal., as it was a few months ago, it would cost $800 for a 2000 mile trip.

At the current price of around 5.00 per gal the same trip would cost $1000 in fuel. A difference of $200. Not really that much more, in the bigger scheme of things, for a once per year get-together with friends. JMHO Trace

(Numbers are somewhat inflated)

Last edited:

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

If you get 10 mpg towing and fuel is 4.00 per gal., as it was a few months ago, it would cost $800 for a 2000 mile trip.

At the current price of around 5.00 per gal the same trip would cost $1000 in fuel. A difference of $200. Not really that much more, in the bigger scheme of things. Trace

You know Trace, it's not so much the cost, it's the principal of the whole thing. Fuel cost should be no where near this high.

Ray LeTourneau

At the current price of around 5.00 per gal the same trip would cost $1000 in fuel. A difference of $200. Not really that much more, in the bigger scheme of things, for a once per year get-together with friends. JMHO Trace

(Numbers are somewhat inflated)
For us it's really more than just the price of fuel. We have other Family priorities and a few unknowns coming up this summer and we just need to be close to home. And yes, fuel for all of our scheduled outings would have been hard on the cash flow.:(
Next year we plan on being back to normal.:p Whatever that might be...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
As we are fulltime and we are getting older we have no plans on stop traveling. Fuel prices are high and so are a lot of others, but this is our time to enjoy life. When we get so old we can't travel or our health gets bad enough we can't travel then we will find a place to sit on the pourch and watch the grandkids grow older. There are a lot of things we can cut down on or eliminate before we have to park it. So I guess you guys are just stuck with us. LOL..

I do understand that others do have a problem with family or finances and we hope they can work them out and hit the road with us.

We will see you soon... One way or the other..

BC

TandT

For us it's really more than just the price of fuel. We have other Family priorities and a few unknowns coming up this summer and we just need to be close to home. And yes, fuel for all of our scheduled outings would have been hard on the cash flow.:(
Next year we plan on being back to normal.:p Whatever that might be...

Ray,
No offense intended. I was really just generalizing, because quite a few folks had sighted that as a reason for not going. :) Trace

Ray LeTourneau

Ray,
No offense intended. I was really just generalizing, because quite a few folks had sighted that as a reason for not going. :) Trace

None taken Trace. Sadly though, I noticed a few more sites have opened up. I hope we didn't start a trend.:(

TandT

Good news, "spots left" is moving back in the right direction again. Get 'em while their hot. Trace

tommckee

Due to unseen circumstances we must cancell the Gillete rally. Cannot seem to find and e-mail or thread to do so, can someone please furnish the correct contact.
Thanks, Tom

jbeletti

Due to unseen circumstances we must cancell the Gillete rally. Cannot seem to find and e-mail or thread to do so, can someone please furnish the correct contact.
Thanks, Tom

Tom,

Your emails were received. Julie will contact you to help process the cancellation and refund. Sorry you won't be able to join us this year. See you next time.

Jim

TandT

Jim, I may have missed it, but is Lippert offering any rally specials, as they did last year? Thanks, Trace

Status
Not open for further replies.