External Cable and Satellite Connections

Hello y’all, we have a question about our Heartland Elkridge E292. There are two coax connections on the Port side, not labeled. Can anyone tell me which is which, cable and satellite?

Last edited by a moderator:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Hey Charlie, I'm not able to help with your Elkridge, but Heartland customer service probbly can. 574 262-8030. Have your VIN handy when you call.

danemayer

It's easy to reverse the connections during manufacturing, so I wouldn't be confident in any answer you get from another owner, or from the factory.

Set up your satellite equipment by first running the coax through a window to the receiver. Once you get it working, connect the coax to one of the outside ports, and use one of the inside ports for a test. If it doesn't work, go through all 4 possible connections to find the right ones.

If none work, it may take some inspection of the coax for loose connectors, or strands of ground wire shorting to the center pin.

Thanks Jay, not a big fan of RV customer service of any kind to be honest. I guess I’ll just have to try the various connections to see which port is for what. No big deal, just thought I’d ask before going there.
Hey Charlie, I'm not able to help with your Elkridge, but Heartland customer service probbly can. 574 262-8030. Have your VIN handy when you call.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Dan, I was just hoping someone might know the before I did that. Reckon I’ll be doing it now, probably best to just figure it out anyway by connecting it all ways until it works. Thanks again!
It's easy to reverse the connections during manufacturing, so I wouldn't be confident in any answer you get from another owner, or from the factory.

Set up your satellite equipment by first running the coax through a window to the receiver. Once you get it working, connect the coax to one of the outside ports, and use one of the inside ports for a test. If it doesn't work, go through all 4 possible connections to find the right ones.

If none work, it may take some inspection of the coax for loose connectors, or strands of ground wire shorting to the center pin.