External Shower Hose Length

Bob Vaughn

While on our vacation trip this summer my wife was going to bathe our dogs outside with the shower hose in the docking station. She came back inside and said the hose was not long enough to reach the dogs undersides. What is the length of that hose? I twisted and pushed and pulled but could not get it to come out any further. I am wondering if it is wrapped around something keeping it from coming out all the way. Or mabey it is just not that long....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's as short as it looks. And just about as useless. Fortunately, I don't need to bathe anything outside, so I have a utility hose connected to an outlet on my UDC manifold. Good for cold rinsing sewer hoses, and anything else. If you really need a longer hose, get some white flex hose and splice it in behind the UDC to elongate it. Try to set it up to feed in and out in a single loop so it doesn't bind on all the stuff back there. In splicing, I would use the copper PEX rings and fitting so it doesn't catch on the opening the hose comes out like a screw clamp would.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
OR you could move a picnic table along side the docking center and raise the dog:). When there's one available, we always use a table. Much easier on the back. (Mine)

Bobby A

While on our vacation trip this summer my wife was going to bathe our dogs outside with the shower hose in the docking station. She came back inside and said the hose was not long enough to reach the dogs undersides. What is the length of that hose? I twisted and pushed and pulled but could not get it to come out any further. I am wondering if it is wrapped around something keeping it from coming out all the way. Or mabey it is just not that long....

I'd be carefull pushing and pulling on that hose, there are all kinds of water lines and such behind the UDC that the outside shower hose could get twisted around. A real problem could be created. I'm just sayin !!

jimtoo

I'd be carefull pushing and pulling on that hose, there are all kinds of water lines and such behind the UDC that the outside shower hose could get twisted around. A real problem could be created. I'm just sayin !!

My hose was 60" long to the shower head,,,, know how I know???? Cause mine broke off the plastic fitting BEHIND the UDC panel. We never used it anyway and the one time I pulled it out to rinse out a rag or something,,, it broke. At least now I know I can shower inside instead of being banned to the outdoors. :)

Jim M

Boca_Shuffles

I went to the hardware store and bought a shower hose extension. It gives me an extra 4 feet to wash the dogs (no pun intended). Check the size of the fittings, they are NOT the same as for a garden hose.

Be careful pushing and pulling the extra length out of the UDC panel since the extra length provides for more chances for entanglement.

caissiel

SOB units use quick disconnect on a front fitting to diconnect the hose and it eliminates storage of the hose behind the panel. I am going to do this mode as soon as I can find the fittings. I also broke my fitting behind the UDC an had to repair it after I caused the 1 st flood of my basement.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
My landmark has the shower set up with hot and cold handles, but for the head it has one of those coiled hoses like you see for air. It is set up on a quick disconnect with a regular water hose sprayer on it. Just about as neat of a set up as I have seen. The hose seems to be pretty long but I have not really measured it.

caissiel

My landmark has the shower set up with hot and cold handles, but for the head it has one of those coiled hoses like you see for air. It is set up on a quick disconnect with a regular water hose sprayer on it. Just about as neat of a set up as I have seen. The hose seems to be pretty long but I have not really measured it.

Just the setup I have seen on SOB's units, seem to work well.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Ours does too. You can take off the sprayer and make it as long as you want by adding a regular garden hose.