FEEDBACK NEEDED on Potential Bighorn Floorplan

SmokeyBare

Looks very promising! I too like the split bathroom with doors at both ends, this allows use of the Shower with out disturbing a late sleeper. Sink in the toilet area works for me as well, clean hands as you reach for the door handle makes it a plus. A 36 inch shower is fine for us, no need to lose the additional space for a larger unit.

The Desk is important to us. We opted not to have the Fireplace, instead we use the cabinet for additional storage. Our Bighorn has a set of office size drawers below the desk as well. Living full time in our Bighorn, we find these are really necessary for storing documents, records, tax information, etc. I'd like to see an option in this area to make the desk somewhat more usable. Looks like the TV is larger as well, which is probably why they tried to match the desk area where you sit equal to the area above for the TV.

I bet the Couch and the Chairs can be switched with no effect to the slide room operations. If not, they should be able to switch. The Table is small enough to allow even our wide Lazy Boy chairs to go in that slide room. An extra folding chair for when you have guests over would be important, saves dragging out one of the camping chairs which never seem to be the correct height for a kitchen table.

Still hope to hear an answer to others question about the short dresser cabinet in the bedroom. Also would be nice to see where the Bedroom TV would go, would there be a place for a Dish Receiver or spare DVD player to be located there as well?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I like the layout! Only thing I would like to see is the sofa across the rear as in the San Antonio. Although that flexibility would be nice, it is not imperative to me! It just gives everyone a choice and we all like it "our own way".

Oh honey, we'll be goin' shopping soon!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Wow I guess I really meant that! If a mod would like feel free to delete the duplicate post. Don't know how that happened!

dieselsweetheart

You just wanted John to get your message Debbie. Maybe he didn't hear you the first time....

The shower does not need to be so big. What we have in the BH now is good for us. If a bigger tub/shower means taking away extra space then I vote no.

Now, that sink. We have a small sink in our BH and I am constantly wiping up the water that doesn't make it directly into the sink. The medicine cabinet is in my way when I have a towel wrapped around my hair and I want to brush my teeth/wash my face. I have to open the door to the cabinet and move closer into it so I don't slop outside of the sink. I have to keep mopping up with paper towels and that's a nuisance. So, I would go with the sink in the stool room but let's make it a little larger. I too like the idea of being able to wash my hands before touching the bathroom door handle to exit.

Before we went to Nashville DH took out 2 of the dinette chairs and one of the recliners to help with the weight. We have not returned any of those chairs to the camper. We have so much more room at the table. So I would suggest that the extra 2 dinette chairs be an optional purchase...and if you don't want them, make available some sort of folding chair that will sit appropriately for the height of the dinette table.

I also agree to keep the sofa in the back instead of the side for reasons already mentioned by others.

Thanks for asking, now let's see what happens!

dieselsweetheart

One more thought...it looks like there would be extra room for a night stand on the left side if the tub/shower wasn't so big. I see where the rooms are lined up so each room ends at the same point (tub room, stool room)... so maybe, do away with the bigger tub, put in the regular shower, and where the sink used to be put the new nightstand. Put another nightstand on the other side. Not sure you'll be able to get nightstands for a King bed though....whatsa matter? Don't like snuggling? hehe

tcbrady

with regard to the bedroom dresser stopping short of the closet - we did this for 2 reasons:
1. get a very large window in between the dresser and front closet (similar to San Antonio)
2. allow a bank of drawers from floor to ceiling on the doorside of the front bedroom closet that extend out (we can't do that with the if the dresser extends to the front closet).

thanks for the feedback!!

tcbrady

would you prefer the attached layout vs. the one that Jim sent (the big shower has been removed and the sink is out of the commode (similar length)?

Attachments

• 3455BH.pdf
    57.3 KB · Views: 127

back2nature

Put another nightstand on the other side. Not sure you'll be able to get nightstands for a King bed though....whatsa matter? Don't like snuggling? hehe

Cheryl, it's not a snuggling problem? :) I absolutely love my hubby. We have two cats that sleep at the middle of the bed down by our feet. Every, single night!!! I put a small pet bed there to confine them to that area, and to keep the fur off our blankets. Thus, it's basically like sleeping three persons wide. I'm sure that others might have small dogs that sleep on their bed too. No way would the four of us be comfortable in a queen bed.

ihsolutions

would you prefer the attached layout vs. the one that Jim sent (the big shower has been removed and the sink is out of the commode (similar length)?

Coley, no. Given the choice between the two I definitely prefer the one Jim posted. Now you've got the shower back in the bedroom, which I understand is something that some people are OK with, but I'll never own one that way. My last SOB was that way, and the Big Horn all-in-one bath was a big selling point when I bought mine this year...

back2nature

For us, we still prefer the one large bathroom. I do like what you have there with the bed area, except with the 70x80 king. And still, can you make the dresser full width, like I've seen on S.O.B.'s? I understand that the doors on the right side of the closet would have to be changed somehow.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

I like the "walk through" effect with the shower turned sideways and the possibility of seperating the Master Suite from company. A hard door will still allow them access to the stool room with more privacy than the flimsy accordian draw door affords.

jimtoo

I think the 36" shower would be OK... would like to compare 36 & 48 thou. Would like to see the ability to have couch in rear and recliners on side. Looks good.

SmokeyBare

I like the plan that Jim B posted. The door between the bedroom & Shower is the reason. Sink in the Toilet Vault. Can a 36 inch shower replace the 46 inch version the San Antonio has, with a narrow floor to ceiling stack shelves on one end for towels, linen & extra bedding??

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
While the goal may have been a split bathroom plan, neither Sam or I want to walk through the bathroom to get to the bedroom. We also do not like a sink or shower in the bedroom. One of the reasons we have the floor plan we have.

As far as shower size, I personally dont care what size the shower is but then I am not the one having to shave my legs in the shower.

I also like the recliners opposite of the TV instead of the couch but I guess that can be changed easy enough.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I guess I'll withdraw as prejudiced. As far as I'm concerned, nothing beats the 3670 floorplan. The 2009 one, that is, even with the chunky monkey sofa and recliners.:D

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

I would rather have the sink on the same side as the shower. I have never liked the sink at the foot of the bed.

jpajax

I still would like to have a floor plan that has the living room up front and the bedroom in rear and with a total length of around 32ft.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
After a little more thought, I have the following comments. I will NEVER give up my linen closet in my 3370. It's my favorite cabinet in the entire trailer. You can have a couple of the others, but not that one. If you could find a way to squeeze one in, please?
What about a 42" shower? Thats what we have in one of our home bathrooms and although it's not palatial, it's perfectly roomy.
I do agree with the above comments about more countertop area near the sink. Makeup bags, hair dryers and the like take up some room.

jimtoo

I think the 36" shower would be OK... would like to compare 36 & 48 thou. Would like to see the ability to have couch in rear and recliners on side. Looks good.

Also, the way it is drawn, the TV is probably mounted solid. Mount TV on pivot, like in 08 3055, with storage space behind for DVD or tapes or stuff. That way it could be adjusted to view from across in recliners or rear on couch.