FEEDBACK NEEDED on Potential Bighorn Floorplan

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
But sometimes if you are hurrying to get ready one can be on the 'throne' while the other does their hair with the separate rooms.

Moose

If you have ever tried to take a shower or shave while someone is using the toilet and gasses the entire room well, that is my case for a separate toilet room. Then you can take a shower without having to hold your breath.

LOL . . . . Hope your "someone" isn't reading this thread. You may have more than "gas" to worry about. :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We actually liked the split bath in our old 3400RL. We now have the all in one and are adjusting. Two of the twelve floor plans have the split bath. I guess we are the oddballs. Split bath is still what we prefer.
But if we had gotten the split bath in our new one we would not have gotten the floor plan that we liked for the rest of the trailer. It's all about tradeoffs. We spend more time downstairs then we do in the bathroom anyway so we can live with it.

Peace
Dave

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
That is right Dave-everything is a compromise.

I guess if we had to have a split bath to get the seating and floorspace in the LR that is what we would have done. I mean after all, how much can one person spend in the Bathroom, most people do their thing and gone-Jim Gratz being the exception :D

Just like islands and pennisulas-in our own house we have a large pennisula, we did not want one in the trailer, I think it is a function of space. Even in the kitchens we design for our clients, most people want one or the other because they have the room for it. Very few people dont want at least an island. I guess WE are the oddbals in that case when it comes to the trailer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
OK Now we're gettin down to serious stuff. After 41 years, neither one of us mind being in the same room at the same time. We both like the separate water closet because it "opens" up the bedroom. It gives you the feeling of more space. Lin is a bit claustrophobic and doesn't like the wall close to her side of the bed. I agree with her in that it makes the bedroom feel small. She actually likes the Heartland floor plans that have 1-1/2 baths but there's no way I'm buying a bunkhouse. She likes the Big Country with the room in the rear and wants it for a craft room. I like more living area. Like cookie said. It's all about trade off. I think even if we were to design a custom unit, there would have to be compromise somewhere. There is no new RV in our future but if I were to come into some cash, the 3580 would be my choice. I would also look at the floor plan we are all discussing now. One thing for sure, I would STAY WITH HEARTLAND!

RoadJunkie

I can understand why there is a sink in the throne room, but it almost only serves that single purpose (washing hands). The room is too small and undesirable to contain onself while doing a daily routine. I'm speaking as a husband that would most certainly be banished to the smaller man-sink. Nix the big shower and focus on areas where more time is spent or more function is achieved over nice-to-have. Love the night stands, however.

tcbrady

Great feedback from everyone - the team at Heartland really appreciates it!! We have decided to introduce the attached as our newest Bighorn floorplan. This layout definitely gives us a different look from the other models in the Bighorn line up. The 3455RL has a similar feel to the San Antonio but is more than 2' shorter. We are going to run a proto (pictures will get posted) the week of November 8th with full production to follow starting in December. thanks again!

Attachments

• 3455RL.pdf
    60.1 KB · Views: 88

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Gayle and I love the split bath in the 3400RL The Sink has a larger counter and row of drawers we have not seen in newer models. We do not like the sink in toilet or in one piece bath as two people do not have the privacy when all in one.
Regards Wayne

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Great feedback from everyone - the team at Heartland really appreciates it!! We have decided to introduce the attached as our newest Bighorn floorplan. This layout definitely gives us a different look from the other models in the Bighorn line up. The 3455RL has a similar feel to the San Antonio but is more than 2' shorter. We are going to run a proto (pictures will get posted) the week of November 8th with full production to follow starting in December. thanks again!

Thanks to Coley for allowing us to participate in this type of discussion. I'm not sure but I think we just had a family meeting! Like I said before, Honey, we're going shopping!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With the front of the 3670 being basically one big mirror and three outlets in easy reach, there is no need for my wife to stand in front of the little cabinet mirror in the bath to dry or fix her hair.

Besides, the chipmunks and squirrels don't really care about her hairdo. And all the hummingbirds worry about is the level of sugar water in their feeders. As for dining out, etc., just wrap your pony tail with a $20 bill. The maitre' de' will think you're fabulous.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We definitely prefer the split bath too...and we're married pushing 30 years...must have something to do with the length of time a couple is together...LOL!!!

goodtruck

If there had been a layout like this we would have considered it.We would not have a unit with the sink in the bedroom.I to like the 2 chairs at the table.

jimtoo

One more thing I would like to suggest as an option,,,, instead of the Flair couch, hidabed thing... offer a good wall hugger dual recliner or I think it may be called a theater seat. We have one that our dealer traded us because we got the wrong couch in ours. It came from a SOB (more expensive brand also) and we love it. We very rarely have anyone other than ourselves stay with us, and if we have grandkids,, we have an air mattress that takes up the living room floor. And I still think you need to add 6" to the rear... so that the couch and recliners can be swapped and slides closed.

Jim M

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
My wife gave me input. She says "If it were only going to be the two of us all the time, this layout would be okay, but if we ever have company, then it becomes a problem. Can't get out of bedroom if someone is in bath with doors locked. So she says No Way Jose'.

back2nature

My wife gave me input. She says "If it were only going to be the two of us all the time, this layout would be okay, but if we ever have company, then it becomes a problem. Can't get out of bedroom if someone is in bath with doors locked. So she says No Way Jose'.

I agree completely.

jbeletti

I get what you are saying. There are no locks on the pocket doors however. I think a good idea is to put one on the bedroom pocket door on the bedroom side so the bedroom occupants can control that space when occupied.

As for the pocket door at the top of the steps, not sure it's possible to do, but have a lock on the inside (bathroom side) would be okay.

You'd never want a lock on the other sides of those doors for safety reasons. For those same reasons, one may not want any locks on either side of either door.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I get what you are saying. There are no locks on the pocket doors however. I think a good idea is to put one on the bedroom pocket door on the bedroom side so the bedroom occupants can control that space when occupied.

As for the pocket door at the top of the steps, not sure it's possible to do, but have a lock on the inside (bathroom side) would be okay.

You'd never want a lock on the other sides of those doors for safety reasons. For those same reasons, one may not want any locks on either side of either door.

Jim

But then again, you might consider something like this pocket door latch. From the outside, it can be opened with a screwdriver. Similar to bathroom doors in a house, a small flat blade will unlock them.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_112463-1277-V1951_0__?productId=3166903&Ntt=pocket+door+latch&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dpocket%2Bdoor%2Blatch

But, if that's not to your liking, you could put one of those small compressed air airhorns, like used on small boats, in the bathroom. Uninvited guest pulls door, you give 'em a blast and they clean their shorts.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
But, if that's not to your liking, you could put one of those small compressed air airhorns, like used on small boats, in the bathroom. Uninvited guest pulls door, you give 'em a blast and they clean their shorts.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a job for Dieselengineer!!!