FEEDBACK NEEDED on Potential Bighorn Floorplan

Leno

I would not like to give up space for the larger shower. I think what we have now is fine. I would consider the split bath if the sink was in there instead of the bedroom.
I do wish they would put better furniture in though. Our sofa is already wearing (one yr old). I think we will be looking at replacing. We had the bottom drawer fixed while in Elkhart and a day later it was broken again.

wdk450

Great feedback from everyone - the team at Heartland really appreciates it!! We have decided to introduce the attached as our newest Bighorn floorplan. This layout definitely gives us a different look from the other models in the Bighorn line up. The 3455RL has a similar feel to the San Antonio but is more than 2' shorter. We are going to run a proto (pictures will get posted) the week of November 8th with full production to follow starting in December. thanks again!

Gang:
I find this WHOLE THREAD so uplifting from the basic idea motivating it: HEARTLAND REALLY CARES WHAT IT'S OWNERS THINK ABOUT ITS PRODUCTS!!! I don't think you would find a similar thread, with the acceptance of owners ideas, on any other RV manufacture's forum.

Thanks to Jim Beletti, Coley Brady, and the whole Heartland design crew!!

To quote a certain actress: "You Like Us - You Really Do!!"

jbeletti

Thank you for the kinds words Bill. At the end of the day, I'd guess any company only wants to make what their customers want. I think we try very hard to determine what that is. This thread, this forum, the club, our presence at shows, at rallies, on Facebook, through dealers etc., really shows our commitment to make what you want. Can we make everyone's perfect floor plan and feature set? We cannot. But I trust that "on balance", we end up with more product that really resonates with folks.

Thanks everyone for your input and feedback.

Jim Beletti
Director of Owners Interests
Heartland RVs

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Amazing. I have been on the Ford forum for quite awhile now and I have never seen a thread from Ford asking what I wanted to see in one of their products. Nor have I on any of the other manufacture forums I have been on. Heartland RV is a unique company.

K

karykatz

jmgratz,

Thanks for the positive comments. We listen to the experienced rv'rs and try and give you the best value in the market place. Thank you again to everyone for thier constructive feedback.

caissiel

We bought the 3500RL BC because it was the best layout we could find at the show we were at. We are so pleased with the layout that we tell ourself everyday how well we are in it.
I did like a side kitchen but DW loved the Island. I liked the idea of travel without having to open the slides to access the table for traveling breaks. We solved that with individual Hyd. valves on the slides. We open the main slide 6 inches. We never travel on wet roads so wet weather is not a problem.
The all in one bath in the previous trailer occupied the major part of the front area with a narrow hall to the very small Bedroom. Ours has the hall that is room size and we mostly us it to dress and do our prep in it.
The bath allows us to get ready much faster and we do like to tease each other still.

We changed the bed to a Queen size and the space is a world of difference in the bedroom.
We realy needed an easily accessible W/D closet like the old RV and by changing the door swing like the now 2011 have, we have a nice closet that we put the w/d and coats by removing the top shelve and raising the closet rod like I did in the previous RV.
The desk area is great as I have a desktop PC and a 11X17 Size printer over the fireplace. In addition we have 2 drawer Desk on the left under the Desktop PC. I am sitting here with a view of the outside through the window in front of me. I run my business from there. We installed a 32" TV above the desk chair area and I can do my business while DW watches her favorite shows, and there is space for a 37" TV.

The couch can be put on the rear and the chairs on the side, so on long stay we move them. For short trips we just tip the couch back and leave the chairs in the main slide.

I could write forever but we have what we have made ours with the changes we could imagin when we bought the unit. We had years of experience and put them to work when we did the plunge.

So I do agree with the BH but there are sacrifices we would have to do, compared to our unit.
1. The smaller desk with no drawers, and space for the desktop PC.
2. The smaller couch area to make more room for the back chair, but that would be great for the couch to sit at the rear if I am right.
3. The more conjested area around the sink in the Library (Toilet Area) we do have a digital Photo display to admire when we sit in it now. We love ours next to the bed as we can throw some stuff on the bed when we dress up. The new bed is now as high as the sink cabinet top.
4. The bedroom seam to be as congested as we had with the King bed in it.
5. The closet leaves no area for the corner 26" TV we have now. and 3 more drawers in the side dresser.
6. We have lots of room for 5 chairs at the table and as we did one time we were 8 people around the table for Mexican Train game.
7. The Coat Room where it is, is great with the W/D but where are the accessory/Switches as we have by the outside door. We have all the controls and space for a few coats and 2 buckets of keys as we have 5 cars and 2 appartments 2 garages and 2 RV's to lockup.

In short we are very satisfied for the above reasons.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I don't like either of these. Like the 3670rl, 2010 model i have now if i could just get the fridge to work! It has more kitchen cabinets than either of these units. Private bath area as we did get the factory to put a wall up from the bath to the bedroom. Only thing would make it better would be to get the wife a small tub/shower unit. Then it would be a perfect unit.

PSF513

I agree with others about the shower being overkill
A nightstand or shelf arrangement beside the bed would be great.
The only complaint about our bathroom (11 3610 RE) is the square corner that sticks into the bedroom
Walkthrough bath is OK but the sink is marginally useful for getting ready purposes
2 things that sold us on our unit are cabinet space and the center island in the kitchen (open to the living area)
We prefer RE over RL but that is personal preference
Could use a little more insulation all around

Keep up the good work.

We looked this morning and its a nice fresh idea. BUT...we agreed that we picked the 3670 over the 3600 because of the bathroom. The split bath was the specfic reason. It would be hard to move away from the 3670 at this point. The shelf by my side of the bed is necessary for my CPAP. Oh, the only negative w/ 3670 could be the small space between the bed and the bath. But on the Montana it was also a step so we thought that still was a plus for the 3670.

Understanding the frig problems and why you might want to move it. Still we like where it is and ours works.

Nice new floor plan for someone else not us!

porthole

Retired
would you prefer the attached layout vs. the one that Jim sent (the big shower has been removed and the sink is out of the commode (similar length)?

I see the sink is back in. Don't understand why a sink would not be in the commode room.

Wouldn't buy a trailer with a sink in the bedroom.

I get what you are saying. There are no locks on the pocket doors however. I think a good idea is to put one on the bedroom pocket door on the bedroom side so the bedroom occupants can control that space when occupied.

As for the pocket door at the top of the steps, not sure it's possible to do, but have a lock on the inside (bathroom side) would be okay.

You'd never want a lock on the other sides of those doors for safety reasons. For those same reasons, one may not want any locks on either side of either door.

Whats the big deal with locks on all the other trailer lines???
The Cyclone has locks on each of the three doors and they are simple "turn locks", accessible from each side.

More then sufficient. Keeps the dogs from getting in and for people if the the latch is, well latched, then there must be a reason.

Wharton

We do not like the layout. Miss the coat closet and extra counter space in the kitchen. DW does crafts and the oval table just would not work. Need more space around lavatory in all the trailers, there is no real space without doing a balancing act for the hair dryer and curling iron. Think being a little practical rather than fluffy. We like the booth option rather than a table, would that still be offered?

Seems like by moving the w/d to the middle rather than in the front closet a lot of space is lost.

We don't generally like the split bath, one of our requirements was not to have a split bath.

Rob_Fla

We are potential Big Horn customers and really like the layout of this new model.

As with any new model everyone has different likes and dislikes.

One of our dislikes is we would not have a lavatory in the bedroom and like the W/D located out of the bedroom.

We have had Pass Thur Baths before and really liked them. DW likes a BIG Bathroom.

Look forward to seeing pictures of it when it is built.

caissiel

As for the split bathroom.
Look at it this way.

The bathroom is planty big when used as a bathroom.
The bedroom is very comfortable when no need for the Bathroom,
The area by the shower is our dressing room, accesible to all closets.
The Toilet isolates the smell to one area that has no effect to the bathroom, dressing room or bedroom and is fully private.
There is a supper halway to the playroom.
There is a private room I call the Library where one can read in privacy.

And we never put visiters in consideration when we choose our unit due to the fact that we are in it 99% of the time alone.
The 1% surely was no factor in our comfort choice, and usualy yhey are glade to be put up for the nightand never complain.

We did have an all in one Bath before and I surely wanted one to but the DW had a better Idea and now I do approve strongly.
After all she spends 400% more time in the dressing room then me.

Dale Smith

We have a 2008 3055 Bighorn and have just ordered a 2011 model of the same trailer. We have upgraded a lot of the automatic style options such as the cord reel, automatic awning, self leveling system and the ONAN generator. I was injured in a bad motor vehicle accident in February 2008 so we are just getting back into our RV lifestyle and will need these options to help simplify the activities. I would've been very interested in the larger shower, as I have difficulty with my mobility. If there was enough room in the toilet room with the sink in there as well, then I would be in favor of this change is well. My concern with that area would be again around my mobility to be able to work in that area.

We take possession of the new 3055 and a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to trying it out in Arizona this winter!

As you can see, we came back to Heartland for a second time as we are very happy with the product.

Dale Smith.

This document was prepared with the assistance of Dragon voice recognition software.

jbeletti

Dale - we appreciate you being a 2-product Heartland owners. Thank you for the confidence in us. It was great talking to you today by phone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Club!

Rob_Fla

Great feedback from everyone - the team at Heartland really appreciates it!! We have decided to introduce the attached as our newest Bighorn floorplan. This layout definitely gives us a different look from the other models in the Bighorn line up. The 3455RL has a similar feel to the San Antonio but is more than 2' shorter. We are going to run a proto (pictures will get posted) the week of November 8th with full production to follow starting in December. thanks again!

Did the 3455RL Proto get run?
If it did, when will the pictures of the 3455RL get posted?

JamesD

The only advantage I see to a split bathroom is that they make the bedroom feel bigger.
But with the larger shower that is gone and you can't have the large wardrobe on the bedroom slide so you loose twice.

Something like the 3580RL bathroom area would be better but with the large shower and the sink in the bedroom... which I know a lot of people hate.
Any sink in the bedroom should have a cover so it can be treated like counter space.
I prefer kitchen islands that let you walk through rather than the L shaped ones so that is another thing I like about the 3580RL.