First Pa Chapter 2009 Rally

dieselsweetheart

Hello everyone, just to let you know..it looks like there are 15 of us for the PA rally~ a great gathering!!! If there is anyone else you know who would like to join us..tell them to give "the lady" a call before the end of March. I believe all of the sites that Jim and I chose are given out...(I think there may be one left next to us)...but there are more sites available... tell your friends not to hesitate~ pick up the phone TODAY!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gus, thanks for the info on the person looking for a chapter and a rally...I used your link and sent them a message!

You're very welcome! By the way, we have 19 rigs signed up for our Apr rally:), but it looks like you will be able to catch and pass us on turn-out. Our campground has filled up, with all other spaces reserved. Bummer...:(. Everyone wants to get out the first of April!

dieselsweetheart

You're right...the bug to get out is beginning to bite! I am starting to get everything ready to put back into the BIGHORN...we go out in 4 weeks down to Lum's Pond in DE! Can't wait!!:)

dieselsweetheart

Hello everyone...time is winding down to reserve sites at Pine Grove...actually, I think all but 1 site that Jim and I picked out are gone...but if you know of anyone else who wants to join us please let them know to call this week to get in on a space for our August get-together! I have everyone up to date on my list so newcomers, please post info for me!

Thanks!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Hello : The nice Lady that works in the office that I talk with was named "Ookie" . Ookie and her husband Chuck make their home in a Heartland Big Country 5er. They are also looking forward to the rally and were unaware of the forum.:D

dieselsweetheart

Hi Freckles...Ookie did tell me when I called that they were Heartland owners and in fact, Jim and I noticed their Big Country there when we were checking out the sites...at the time we didn't know it was hers..but we had said we would go and knock on the owner's door and invite them over...seems we found the owner!!

Time is up to get a site that Jim and I arranged...although I don't think there was but one original site left...but...should you know of anyone interested in joining us please tell them to give Ookie a call!!!

Thanks and have a great week!:)

dieselsweetheart

Hi everyone,

Now that April 1 has arrived, I thought I would let you all know how many people we have signed up for the PA rally~ Jim and I are happy to have had so many responses! As of today, we have 17 owners (including Jim and me) booked! We didn't beat Virginia...but for our first rally we did very well. Oh, as I am writing this, I forgot..my sister in law gave me someone's business card...I think THAT person is interested~ so....we might just get to 18! I'll need to jump on that right away....

So, what's next? Stay tuned! The biggest part (getting everyone a site) is taken care of. Next comes a food menu and an activities list. Jim B. will be there so he will hold court (haha, got that Jim?) for all of you folks who want to talk Heartland. (Us ladies will find something good to do too!)

Have a great week and I'll be in touch!

boatto5er

You guys are doing a great job Cheryl. I like to think of our chapters as being in coopertition with each other:). And you get extra points for getting Jim B there!

Hey Jim,

We won't be able to make the Rally this year... Hope it's a success.. I noticed your post from an 717-865#... We're fellow Heartlander's also from the Fredericksburg area, but hanging out here in Wisconsin Dells, WI in our 2009 Cyclone 3912....

Later

Chris & Anglea

2008 Ford F450 with DPF Ugh
2009 3912 Cyclone loaded down with all sortza stuff

dieselsweetheart

Hello everyone!! Happy Easter!

I just called the campground to check on any sites left for people just logging on and having an interest in joining our rally. I was told that there are 4 sites with full hook-ups about a "block" away from our area. So... if you know of anyone who wants to join the rally, please have them call the campground ASAP. The information is on the front page of the rally thread.

Enjoy your weekend~ we are headed out for the first time this season next w/e to LUMS POND in DE.

boatto5er

Hey Diesel and Sweetheart,

If you don't mind, Debra and my plans for August have changed so we'd like to join you for your rally. I checked the CG website tonight and it looks like there are still sites available. Too late to call this evening, but I'll call first thing Tuesday morning.

Too late to say no now. I talked to the Campground this morning - we'll be "shoehorned" into site I-58 (better practice my tight quarters backing). We'll arrive on Thursday, Aug 13.

Gus and Debra

Last edited:

dieselsweetheart

Hey Jim,

We won't be able to make the Rally this year... Hope it's a success.. I noticed your post from an 717-865#... We're fellow Heartlander's also from the Fredericksburg area, but hanging out here in Wisconsin Dells, WI in our 2009 Cyclone 3912....

Later

Chris & Anglea

Hi Chris! Sorry you can't join us this year... but there's next time! Have a great RV season!!

dieselsweetheart

Hello everyone! It's JUNE! Jim and I are getting ready to leave this week for Goshen, IN and the "big rally"... I thought I would go ahead and post menu ideas for our rally in August. I thought we would have our big community meal on Saturday...everyone will be in and settled by then. At the Goshen rally, everyone is bringing a "pot" to share... I think it might be easier to break it down into sections...especially since we are all in contact with each other here.

So, let's break our meal offerings down into "main meals" (which include your crock pot, BBQ (someone has a smoker), anything made on a grill...etc... you get the idea. Then we can go with side dishes..which include vegetables, potatoes, salads, etc. Next we have any type of appetizer dish...which can include things such as a vegetable tray, nachos..anything munchy...drinks can fit into this category too.
Desserts can round out the meal...and I don't have to describe desserts!!

Jim and I are getting there on Thursday. Friday and Sat AM we will have a quick continental b-fast... coffee, tea, danish... those types of things if you'd like to stop by and say hello!

I guess that's it for now. Please post your offerings for the Saturday evening meal so we can avoid duplicates.

Thanks so much and we'll bring a report back from Goshen next week!

bill40

Hi Cheryl,
Jeri said how about we bring some redskin potato salad and a pasta salad and a dessert of some kind? Not sure how many people coming but I think its about 36+. If you have a final total let me know.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We are arriving on Wednesday late evening. Our "main meal" contribution will be stuffed cabbage if that's ok with everyone. My DH is a great polish cook!!! I'm excited and anxious to meet all of you!

dieselsweetheart

I have 18 RVs signed up so I imagine that will be at least 36 people attending. I will keep a running menu of items as people offer them. Then I will post what I have every few weeks...just to keep it current. Thanks to those who have responded!!

Chat soon!