Flattened Springs

The springs on the driver side of my 09 2950RK have gone flat, in order to level the 5r I need to but a 2X6 under the wheels on level ground. These are not china springs, they are EMCO 4 leaf made in the US of A. Shoud I have them re arched or put in bigger springs like a 6 leaf 3500#. And how do you measure to make sure you get the right size.

Thanks,
Steve

NorCal where the Redwoods meet the Pacific

GOTTOYS

I'm in the middle of changing mine. I ordered some 3300# 6 leaf springs from SW Wheel, in Texas. Checked online and I have found a lot of people that use them. I expect them to get here the first part of next week. They are 29 1/4" long and 1 3/4" wide. Mine is sagging about the same amount on the street side as yours. I will be installing a wet bolt kit and new Dexter equalizers with all the grease fittings on them as well. From what I understand you can reuse the u-bolts but new lock nuts should be installed. If you cannot find the proper lock nuts you can use regular nuts and lock washers. I'm thinking a dab of blue Locktite might be a good idea as well just to keep things together. Yours should be the same length. Measure the distance between to spring mounts welded to your frame. They should be 30" apart from the centers of the bolts and a total of 60" from the centers of each bolt on the ends. I can see where others on here have installed the 3500# springs with good results also. I don't think it really matters if they are American or Chinese they all seem to go flat in time..Don

davidg

Measure from center to center of the holes and the width. I replaced my 4 leaf with 5 leaf works great.
For the best results bring one of the old ones to any dealer that sells the smaller trailers, they should be able to fix you up.
Davidg