Food Committee for Rally 2007

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
WOW!!! I've just finished browsing this thread and I can say without hesitation, no one will go hungry at this rally.
I see from Jim's last update list there is still a need for a main dish Wednesday evening. Lin & I are down for an appetizer but could also provide a main dish if needed. We also carry a 30 cup coffee pot that will be available. Also, as I mentioned earlier, last minute requests can be done too. Our plan is to arrive Tuesday afternoon and we have called ahead to reserve our site. See ya'll at the rally...

To Sandy and Frank C

Thanks for the donation for Wednesday's dinner. I'll put you down for the pulled pork.
Wish we were going to be there, won't be able to get down until Thursday late morning!
Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Janet Robbins

arisce

Hello everyone,
I am back from England and have just browsed through the posts. We will not go hungry at the rally, that's for sure.
First, I would like to thank Janet who monitored these posts while I was enjoying myself in England. As always, she did a great job.
Thank you also to the attendees who have sent us their food contributions so that we now have a clearer picture about what we will be eating.
If you have not yet decided on a food item, please give it some thought.

Bill and I are planning to be in Indiana on Sunday night, May 27 (provided we can get some brickwork and new roof done in time!) and we do not yet carry a laptop to update any late entries. So please let me know by May 25, at the latest, if you are coming in for the Wed or Thurs night suppers.

Although my trip to England was a wonderful experience, we are looking forward to taking out the BH and meeting members of our Heartland family again. See everyone at the rally.

cjbearden

Visitor
Arisce

Welcome Back! We will be in Elkhart from the 25th through the 29th, staying at Elkhart Campground before heading to the Fairground in Goshen on the 30th. Having a Satellite Dome installed by Camping World on Saturday and scheduled to be at RV Capital on Tuesday to complete repairs of work previously done. We will have our laptop with us and the Campground has free internet. If you need to use it, you are welcome to do so. Come see us or call my cell 501-944-7411 to make sure we are "home". ;) We also have ATT wifi access at McDonald's if we need to meet you somewhere.

See you at the Rally if not before.

arisce

Dear JD and CJ,
Thank you very much for the offer to use your laptop. I have noted your co-ordinates. Hopefully by the 30th, everything will be organized and I will not have to update my notes! But you never know who might come in at the last minute!
Our black cat, Ebony will be with us also, along with our other gray cat, Tabitha. So we can also share cat stories.
As you can tell from our signature, we will be in site #411. Pls come over to meet us.
Looking forward to meeting all the new members of the Heartland family.

arisce

Hello Everyone who will be attending the Heartland Rally 2007 next week!
It's hard to believe that some of us will be in Indiana next week. A year of planning sure goes fast.
Just a reminder about the Progressive Dinner on Wed night, if you are planning to attend. As we set up different courses at different trailer sites and travel to each one for that particular food, i.e. salads, we need people to volunteer to host that part of the meal. For example, because I put forth this idea of Joseph's that we try this type of meal, I have put our site #411 down as where we will eat the appetizers that people are bringing. From there, we then progress to another site for the salads, then to a third for the main dishes and lastly to a fourth for the desserts and coffee. Sounds a bit complicated, but fun. For this meal, you need to bring your plates and cutlery, wine or beer, glasses and chairs if you so wish.
I will try to organize chairs from nearby sites so that everyone does not have to cart a chair around.
What I need now are people to volunteer to host a food at their site-a salad site, a main dish site and a dessert site. It would be nice if they are close to our site, #411 but not necessary.

For Thursday, we need the food you have decided to contribute, as well as any tables and small portable BBQ's for the cooks to cook on.Again, you will need to bring your plates, cutlery, beer, wine, glasses, soft drinks, etc.This supper will take place in one central area just in front of Jim B's trailer and up from our site #411. We will line up the tables in one long row with BBQ's at one end and the food on the tables so people can help themselves.
These suppers are all outdoors provided the weather co-operates. If not, we will hold these suppers in the rented room.
That's all I can think of, right now. If you have any questions, pls send them to me ASAP as I am only here 3 more days as we leave Sat May 26 at 7 AM.
Looking forward to see you all in Indiana.

Hi Arisce,
Just talked to Don's sister and she is making me her famous kielbasa and sauerkraut to bring to the pot luck. I will still be making the taco salad.
Sure looking forward to seeing you guys again!
Have a safe trip and we'll see you Thursday late morning/early afternoon.

Janet

arisce

Hi Janet,
Terrific to hear from you guys. Am looking forward to seeing you "next door" at the rally. Have a safe trip also and see you there.

Princess Kathleen

Hi,
We need to know about how many people will be attending the progressive dinner...make sure we have all the "road kill" (just joking) ingredients for the gumbo.
PK

arisce

Hi Vance and Kathleen,
So far I have 44 people who have told me they will be there for Wed night supper. There are 6 people who are making a main dish, if this helps you decide how much to make.
Our BH is nearly all packed and we will be leaving here Sat AM at 7. Looking forward to meeting everyone in Elkhart.
Safe journey, everyone.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Since this is our very first rally of any type we our not quite sure how things operate. We would love to attend the Thursday BBQ and will bring a salad to share.
Looking forward to meeting new friends.

bowtorc

arisce said:
Just to let people know, for the Wed night "Progressive Dinner" as well as Thurs BBQ, I am planning to have these suppers outside at the trailer sites. This is why we will need tables-to set up at different trailers for the progressive dinner on Wed night and then on Thursday, set up at one location for the BBQ. If the weather does not cooperate, we will use our rented room. So please, if you have a large table you can bring to the rally, please let me know. Also, if you are unsure of what to bring for either supper, just post a note to me letting me know which supper you will be attending (Wed or Thurs or both) and I will assign you a category. That makes things easier for everyone. Thanks.
heh there! roger and i will bring a salad to the potluck bbq on thursday. see you soon, roger and deb bowton

bking

I cannot seem to find what time the progressive dinner will start. We'll be arriving some time Wednesday afternoon and need to know so we can make sure we get away from home early enough to allow time to check in, set up and settle in before the dinner.

For Thursday's BBQ we plan to bring a corn cassarole.

Thanks.

jbeletti

Hi Bob and Vicki,

Progressive dinner on Wednesday begins at 5 PM. Potluck dinner on Thursday begins at 6 PM. See new details below. These details will are printed and will be included in your rally packet that you'll receive upon check-in. See you soon and travel safe.

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/dinner_notes.jpg

Princess Kathleen

We cooked for the boys at RV Capital today and had a bunch of leftovers....white beans, rice, cornbread, and gingerbread....just wondering if I could add this to the progressive supper?

PK