Food Committee for Rally 2007

arisce

Hello from rainy Montreal,
Just to post what I have collected from the forum for our collective meals at the campground so far:
Wednesday's Progressive Supper
Appetizer: Karen-Goat cheese with sun-dried tomatoes on crackers
Salad: none
Main Meal: Gumbo-Princess Kathleen
Desserts: Karen-coffee cake

Thursday's Potluck Supper
Appetizers: Lime Doritos-George + Lindsey
Salads: none
Desserts: Brownies-Karen
Carrot cake-Clarence + Pat
Heartland Logo cake-Chuck + Sandra
2 tables George + Lindsey, Karen + Bill)

If you are planning to attend the rally, please send me your food contribution so I can add it to the menu. Please let me know if you are planning to arrive early and will be there to participate in the Wed night "Progressive Supper". Yoders' Amish meal has been confirmed for Friday night. All of us who were there last year know what to look forward to! For the new attendees, what a treat.
Please let me know if I have forgotten anyone who might have posted that they will be at the rally on Wed or Thurs night. It can be difficult to keep track of things at times. Thanks everyone and see you in May.

arisce

Forgot to mention that I already have several people for clean-up: George + Lindsey, Tom + Judy, Paul + Nan.
Anyone else?

Paul & Nan

Karen-we will be there early, possibly Monday, Tuesday for sure-to early for me to even think about food-guess I just am not one to plan such things that far ahead. We are just planning the next campout, the last weekend of this month. I will do something, but personally think potlucks are best not planned. As for the progessive dinner, how is that going to work, our rigs are not big enough to seat very many. Nan

SandyC

Hi, Karen! I am the chair person for the set up/clean up. Are you saying that these people will be on my committee? Or are you talking about something different?

George + Lindsey, Tom + Judy, Paul + Nan

SandyC

Karen, As for the food. I am with Nan --- way too soon to think about. The best I can do is say: put me down for a category and I will come up with something.

arisce

Hi Sandy,
George & Lindsey, Tom & Judy, and Paul & Nan all volunteered to help with the clean-up. I had forgotten there was a clean-up comm so I guess they will be on your comm. One less thing for me to worry about. As to a category for food, are you arriving for the Wed "Progressive Dinner" as well as Thursday's Potluck?

arisce

Just to let people know, for the Wed night "Progressive Dinner" as well as Thurs BBQ, I am planning to have these suppers outside at the trailer sites. This is why we will need tables-to set up at different trailers for the progressive dinner on Wed night and then on Thursday, set up at one location for the BBQ. If the weather does not cooperate, we will use our rented room. So please, if you have a large table you can bring to the rally, please let me know. Also, if you are unsure of what to bring for either supper, just post a note to me letting me know which supper you will be attending (Wed or Thurs or both) and I will assign you a category. That makes things easier for everyone. Thanks.

gawelsh

Table for Rally

George and I have a 6 ft table that we will bring - it will be much more useful than the small one we typicallytravel with.

arisce

Thanks George & Lindsey!
will put you down as bringing one for the meals. Will you be there for the Wed or Thurs? I have you down as coming in Thursday.Is that correct?

gawelsh

Arrival at the rally

We're scheduled to come in on Thursday, at least for now. I'm going to call the fairground, though , to see if we can come in Wed instead. Our only concern is that we want to be able to set up at our "rally site" even if we arrive a day early- have other folks planning to arrive early been able to secure their site for the extra days? We don't want to move once we get there.

Tom of Ypsi

Judy and I are hoping to be at the fairgrounds, on our site if available, on Monday or Tuesday. At this moment a lot depends on how things go at this end. We are putting the house up for sale this coming Jan and Judy is retiring this coming spring and if all goes well we will be fulltimers. If all of this goes as planned we can be anywhere we want when we want. We carry a table with us all of the time, a 6' folding camping table that can be made available when we get there. We will also plan on the progressive and bbq dinners if things go as planned.

gawelsh

Message for Arisce

George and I will arrive on WED MAY 30th for the rally in Elkhart - with the 6 ft table ! I spoke to the Fairground today and Bev assured me we could get into our rally site on Wed, so we don't have to move. George & I will also be happy to contribute to the progressive dinner - with something we can buy at the store before we arrive !! Just tell me what you need....(I'm a reluctant cook )

arisce

To Tom & Judy, George & Lindsey,
Great that you will be there for both Wed and Thurs suppers. Not sure what Tom & Judy want to bring but perhaps George & Lindsey can bring a salad or appetizer for the progressive dinner on Wed night. Please also think about what you can contribute to Thurs BBQ supper.
We have booked our site #411 for arrival on Sunday night as I want to go to the Shipshewana Flea Market one day and also want to have extra time to ensure everything is on track for the meals. See you all in May. We are really looking forward to it as we had a great time last year. It's nice to see that most of last year's attendees are returning this year and most have booked the same site as we did. Bye.

gawelsh

Actually, I'm already 'booked' for an appetizer on Thurs nite - a southwestern hot (from the oven) dip with Lime doritos. I'll give some thought to Wed nite's contribution, in line with what you've asked for !
We pick up our Landmark this Thursday - can't wait !!

arisce

Sorry about that Lindsey. How about a salad then for Wed night?
Congrats on the Landmark-we love our BH 3600RL although we both admit it's a beast! Easy to pull on the road though.

arisce

We are starting to hear from people who will be at the rally in regards to what food they are able to bring for the Wed or Thurs suppers. However, please don't forget we also have a Farewell Breakfast on Sun AM which we also need potluck contributions for. So if your "forte" is muffins, egg strata, etc., please don't forget about that meal. Thanks everyone.

Tom of Ypsi

Karen and William,
The reason I have not committed to food just yet is the fact that we do not know when we will be coming to the rally. My best guess is we will be at the rally early but it is too early to say. No matter what we do have a table and we may be able to get several tables if needed. I will check with my brother-in-law to see if he is using the tables.

arisce

Oops! Sorry everyone. I posted a note saying we would have a potluck for the Farewell Breakfast on Sunday, but it is my mistake. That meal is included in our rally fees. So you can put away your muffin recipes, etc. unless someone wants to bring us their world-famous breakfast treats!