Fresh Water Tank

Dylan

Sorry if this is a duplicate type post. We're gonna be boondocking for the first time, and I'll need to fill our water tank before leaving home. We have a 2009 Bighorn 3670RL. Is it as simple as gravity feed, and maybe using a section of hose as a funnel? Stop when it overflows?.....unless the sensors might actually be accurate for this tank?

Dylan

thanks. I see you have the same exact BH.....how long have you had it, and any headaches worth mentioning. This is our second year with ours.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
thanks. I see you have the same exact BH.....how long have you had it, and any headaches worth mentioning. This is our second year with ours.

We bought it new from dealer stock (model at a show) in late 2008 and took possession in March, 2009. Only two problems were the awning motor failing the end of our first summer and a major floor squeak in the bedroom. After some SNAFU with their customer service desk, we got Dometic to replace the motor under warranty and Heartland paid the warranty claim to fix the squeak. I think from the service report at the dealer that the squeak was the result of front frame welds since they removed and redid the front end. Been pretty much problem free since then. We use ours on a seasonal site from May to October and don't haul it around other than the 200 miles back and forth to the site and to the Goshen Rallies (so far).

Dylan

Ours....fixed a minor leak our first year, (last year). We bought in on consignment, a couple had it, hardly used it. Outdoor shower needs to be replaced. Some delamination occuring on the outside, which the dealer has documented, and if and when we were to trade, we wouldn't lose any resale/trade value as a result. Doing what I can to take care of it, but it's never ending, like a house. I've noticed recently, the underside, where the hitch is, is sagging a little bit. You can push up on it, and fortunately I don't hear any water sloshing type noise, so I'm thinking whatever or however it was adhered to the underside, has come loose. I'm wondering if I can put screws into it, some sort of seal-screw??? Have you heard of that area sagging?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ours....fixed a minor leak our first year, (last year). We bought in on consignment, a couple had it, hardly used it. Outdoor shower needs to be replaced. Some delamination occuring on the outside, which the dealer has documented, and if and when we were to trade, we wouldn't lose any resale/trade value as a result. Doing what I can to take care of it, but it's never ending, like a house. I've noticed recently, the underside, where the hitch is, is sagging a little bit. You can push up on it, and fortunately I don't hear any water sloshing type noise, so I'm thinking whatever or however it was adhered to the underside, has come loose. I'm wondering if I can put screws into it, some sort of seal-screw??? Have you heard of that area sagging?

Mine has been sagging for some time on the DS, so I finally ran some stainless steel self-tapping screws with fender washers into the framing to snug it up. Other than the sides and the spot where the front compartment latch is, there is no attachment to the overhang frame. I also did not find any evidence of water intrusion in that area. If you have a Zircon stud finder that picks up metal, you should be able to find the frame members, or just sound them out (like I did cuz I forgot my stud finder). While at the rally plant tour, I asked and received some metal trim channel and plastic insert to dress it up. A later project.