Fresh water tanks falling out

rickj202

Hello,

I have a 2009 Cyclone 4012 with the two fresh water tanks just about to fall out. I hear this a common problem. Can you please provide with a description of fix and pictures of your repair.

Thank you,

Rick

danemayer

Hi rickj202,

Sorry to hear you're having a problem. I don't think this is a common topic on the Heartland Owners Forum, but perhaps someone has been there before you and can chime in with their solution.

beasleyrl

Re: Fresh Water tanks falling out

Rick - You're not alone... When I had a hydraulic leak, they had to take off the bottom and found the same thing on my 2009 Cyclone 3912. I had a company that works on trucks make some metal straps to hold the tanks up. I wish I had pictures but I'm sorry, I don't. When they did this, they also engineered a way to remove the tanks in the future in case they need to be replaced but again, I'm not sure how they did it. Good luck!

jnbhobe

Rick, I have had that problem on every rig I have had. My fix after I'm sure the tank is in the right place is to put a piece of 1 1/2 X 3 in tube under the center of the tank fastened to the I-beam flange of the frame. I do this because I travel with a full tank of water.

mobilcastle

Hello,

I have a 2009 Cyclone 4012 with the two fresh water tanks just about to fall out. I hear this a common problem. Can you please provide with a description of fix and pictures of your repair.

Thank you,

Rick
I don't have a cyclone, but mine has heavy metal straps under it so I am not sure how it falls out? My tank is 70+ gal if my memory is right.

hoefler

Here is my fix on our tank falling out; //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/25165-I-have-one-for-you-all!?highlight=fresh+water

porthole

Retired

My post disappeared, but if you do a search under my screen name you should be able to find my repair.