Fresh Water tanks fills, when connect to city supply

My fresh water tank is filling when hooked to the City water supply. Is there a check valve after the positive displacement pump ?. The only thing I can think of is that there must be a check valve somewhere amd it has failed. Does anyone know it's location and where a replacement can be found. I have an 09 Bighorn 34RL.

2010augusta

Welcome to the Heartland owner forum.

The only place that I can think that the check valve would be is at the water pump.

I don't know exactly how to go about finding out for sure, but I would contact Heartland service or Shur-flow at 1-800-854-3218.

jimtoo

Welcome to the Heartland owner forum.

The only place that I can think that the check valve would be is at the water pump.

I don't know exactly how to go about finding out for sure, but I would contact Heartland service or Shur-flow at 1-800-854-3218.

Hi tntoklahoma,

I see I'm a little slow moving tonight,, but Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share, as Alan has already done.

I am with Alan, don't know for sure, but believe the check is on or near the pump, probably in the discharge line. Pumps do not like to suck through a check valve.

Alan gave you the number to Shur-Flow,,, this is number to Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032, someone can get you better information if you need it.

Enjoy the forum and let us know what the problem is.

Jim M

caissiel

The 12volt pump is a diaphragm style pump, for the water to go backward in the pump, the pump has to turn. No check required.
Has to be a line connected somewhere. If its like the BC there is only one line from the tank.
Oh unless the pump itself has failed then the internal will possibly allow flow.

jddugan

Shurflo pumps do have an internal check valve. A repair kit is approx. $9-$10. Check valve kit 94-374-16 is for an 8000 series pump.

Thanks

Thank for all the helpful replies. I have contacted Shurflo and have order the check valve repair kit. Thanks again for the help.

Tim

SilverRhino

Plumbing Diagram

at
Not sure if this will help or not. I put this together when I had some plumbing issues with our Big Country.

Good Luck!

Attachments

• BC Plumbing Diagram.pdf
    216.9 KB · Views: 46