Front stabilizer jacks stopped working . . . any ideas?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just got home from our maiden voyage with our new Prowler . . . and the front electric stabilizers are dead as a door nail!

Worked good this morning when we hitched up?

I tried to use the hand crank so I could get my truck out from under the trailer, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I checked the fuse box . . . didn't see any LED light blinking, nor does it list a fuse for the landing gear.

I also plugged the trailer in to the house . . . and nothing as well.

Any ideas what is going on?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
From your description, I'd check the connections at the switch, then at the motor. Even if the gear box went south, you should still hear the motor running if it's getting power. Odd that you say you got no movement from the manual crank, though.

GOTTOYS

The fuse is behind the battery box in the side compartment not inside the trailer. It should be a 30 amp in a seperate inline fuse holder connected to a heavier yellow wire. But if the motor runs...check for a broken bolt in the shaft located hiher up in the front compartment. It runs between the two jacks...Don

JohnD

No sound from the motor whatsoever . . .

I was just getting ready to pull the switch, but I'll check the fuse first (if I can find it).

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Blown fuse is pretty common on the electric jack models until you get used to the "limits" on how far they can be extended. As suggested, check for that. If that's the problem, find the maximum extension minus 1 inch and put a mark there with tape or magic marker. That will be your new max extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sometimes there is an inline fuse, sometimes there ain't. On mine, there was no inline fuse found when I removed the entire system to install the Ground Control jacks.

jimtoo

Also check the little circuit breakers near the battery. There maybe one for the jacks if no fuse is found. Some of the breakers have a tiny reset button on the side.

Jim M

JohnD

You guys are the greatest!

Found the fuse . . . it was blown . . . shoulda' kept my extra fuse selection from the Trail Runner . . . so just ran up to Advanced Auto and bought a bunch of new fuses!

And now the landing gear is working again!

Not sure why the fuse blew . . . I'll have to keep an eye on that!

jnbhobe

The fuse is blown because the jacks were run up against the stops either up or down, most likely up too far, Do as Gus said and mark a line 1 in before the top stop.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, take the fuses back and get a 30amp circuit breaker and install it. They are auto resetting if you goof up again. "TOOOO much "fireball" and wearing "chaps".