Galley Gray Water Tank Problem

Fonz46

I have a 2014 Bighorn 3570 RS that I'm having a problem with the galley gray tank leaking onto the coroplast and eventually overflowing. I haven't dropped the Coroplast yet to determine where the leak may be coming from and thought I would see if anyone else has had a similar problem before I start.

Fonz46

As a follow up to my previous post, I have determined the leak on my Galley grey tank is coming from the top of the tank. I don't see any water leaking until the tank is almost full. It would seem to me the tank is cracked near the top or the vent connection has come loose. There's no access that I can find to view the top of the tank. Any ideas or suggestions would certainly be welcome.

aRAYwego

I had the same problem on my '15 LM. Only leaked when full or close to full. Turned out to be where the vent tube connected to the tank. It took the dealership about 2 hrs to fix. Unfortunately I'm not sure what they did to fix it. No problems since though.

mslater

think i have the same problem on my 14 Big Horn have pulled the colorplast several times and can't find the leak. only experience it with tank full. decided to leave the gate valve open since we are hooked to sewer full time and forget about it .

Last edited:

Bobby A

think i have the same problem on my 14 Big Horn have pulled the colorplast several times and can't find the leak. only experience it with tank full. decided to live the gate valve open since we are hooked to sewer full time and forget about it .

Same thing hear, I did find where the leak was though. Once the tank starts to get full it flexes to much, putting to much pressure on the out going pipe. I just leave the gate open as you said. Very seldom do dry camping anyway.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I don't like to leave the gates open so I just keep an eye on the level indicators and dump them when they get between 1/2 & 3/4 full.

Might be worth purchasing a snake camera... They're pretty cheap these days, then you'll know what you're dealing with...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Skywrench

Full Timer
I had the same problem on mine. It would only leak if the tank was full. I got a bright flashlight and an inspection mirror to look at the top of the tank. The tank has several plumbing ports at the top. One of the ports was not used and was completely open. I plugged the hole and haven't had any more leaks.