Good Deal or NOT

Grey Ghost

I presently have a 2012 6.2 (gas) f-250 2 wheel drive with about 47,000 miles on it. I was given this offer this morning to think about and wondered what others thought of the deal.

My pickup plus $14,000.00 for a brand new 2017 F-250 6.7L diesel 4x4 pickup loaded tow package and all. I think it is a smoking deal, but wondered what others thought?:cool:

Power247

Strictly $$ it sounds​ like a killer deal. Any reason you are thinking of trading? I get offers for my truck every time I take it to the dealership for service but I finally am getting her like I want her 😎

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

rahewett

Sounds like a good deal to me. I'm sure you should be able to tow your 5th wheel with out any problems.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Tell them $12k....and they toss in a Rhino Bed Liner spray job. ;)

...guess we'd need to see all the options on the 2017 to really understand if this is a good deal or not.

fastcarsspeed

What will your towing needs be for the next 3-5 years? With the 250 you will still be limited tow capacity wise if you decided to move up to a 5th Wheel. My local ford dealer has been trying for 2 years to get me out of my 11. I will tell you it sounds like a great deal and the diesel does not lose value like the gassers do. Good luck with your decision.

Grey Ghost

Thanks everyone, however when I went back to the dealer, the deal changed and now they want my truck and $27,000. What a bait and switch deal this was, never going back there again in this life time!!!!!!!:mad:

- - - Updated - - -

Hey GG...what are you towing?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Right now I'm pulling a Heartland Greystone (2011) 29MK, dry weight about 9400lbs. However looking to move up to something like a new Heartland and a bit bigger!

rahewett

If I lived in AZ I would want to know what dealership it was so to avoid them.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Thanks everyone, however when I went back to the dealer, the deal changed and now they want my truck and $27,000. What a bait and switch deal this was, never going back there again in this life time!!!!!!!:mad:

- - - Updated - - -

Right now I'm pulling a Heartland Greystone (2011) 29MK, dry weight about 9400lbs. However looking to move up to something like a new Heartland and a bit bigger!

It's infuriating, but unfortunately, the original offer was too good. You should have signed the papers before they had time to figure out they made a mistake.

Power247

I could​ understand the initial offer being a bit off but that's pretty friggin sorry.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Grey Ghost

Peoria Ford in Peoria, AZ was the dealer if anyone is interested. What a bait and switch operation!! I've dealt with Sanderson Ford before and they have never done me wrong. The only reason I went to Peoria Ford was they called me and told me I would NEVER believe the deals they are making, so I went in. Never again!!

Kbvols

Normally when it sounds too good to be true...it's not true. What was their story/excuse/lie with the price difference?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Peoria Ford in Peoria, AZ was the dealer if anyone is interested. What a bait and switch operation!! I've dealt with Sanderson Ford before and they have never done me wrong. The only reason I went to Peoria Ford was they called me and told me I would NEVER believe the deals they are making, so I went in. Never again!!

Well, they were right, never believe them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigGuy82

I presently have a 2012 6.2 (gas) f-250 2 wheel drive with about 47,000 miles on it. I was given this offer this morning to think about and wondered what others thought of the deal.

My pickup plus $14,000.00 for a brand new 2017 F-250 6.7L diesel 4x4 pickup loaded tow package and all. I think it is a smoking deal, but wondered what others thought?:cool:

Meh. Typical dealer. What did you expect? Honesty?

I forgot all of the Latin I learned in high school except tempus fugit and caveat emptor - every time I hesitate about a purchase, I think of the first one. Every time I walk into a dealer, I think of the second one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk