Gray Tanks.

Bison

So in my Bighorn i have two gray water holding tanks. Labeled 1 and 2 obviously. But what are each one connected to? I am having issues emptying out my gray 2. it is saysing 2/3 full and when i try to open and close it the valve feels springy.

Thank you in advance.

Grey Ghost

Usually tank one is for the kitchen and tank two is for the shower and bathroom sink. As for the sensor readings, try a mixture of some brand of water softener, I use what ever I can find that is fairly cheap, I use White King (dry) and put that down your drains and drive around for a while, then drain your tanks. I do this all the time to keep my sensors cleaned and my tanks smelling nice and clean. I use one cup of softener to one 2 gallons of water each time. It works for me, you might want to try it. Hope it works for you. I that doesn't work, you might have to change out your number two value.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My Bighorn is labeled kitchen tank 1, bath/laundry tank 2
Put some food coloring followed by a bunch of water in your kitchen sink and observe the color when you dump your tanks.
Kitchen water will have some color and the bath will not.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In mine, Gray #1 is the lavatory/shower/washing machine. Gray #2 is the galley. Gray #2 flows rapidly, like the black tank. Gray #1 is a bit slower due to the smaller piping.

JMildfelt

Dear Bison,

I am having the same problem and have had no drainage from my gray #2. I finally took down the belly pan and disconnected the sewer pipe at the gate valve and still no water is coming out. I had just put in about 4 gallons of water to test the drain. I found some kind of white granulated stuff that reminded me of powered soap. And we do not use any kind of powered soap of any kind. I used a garden hose to back flush the drain pipe and more and more stuff came out and now i get drainage, but I am still not happy with the amount that comes out. I think it is a soap build-up of some kind and I am now trying to find away to desolve the stuff. My wife uses Palmolive liquid dish soap. I will find something that will break down the grainy stuff.

Stosh

We are new Heartland owners, we have the 3010RE model so what I'm reading and understanding is that the gray tank #1 is for the galley and #2 is for the washing machine hook up, lavy, and shower. Hope this is correct.

danemayer

We are new Heartland owners, we have the 3010RE model so what I'm reading and understanding is that the gray tank #1 is for the galley and #2 is for the washing machine hook up, lavy, and shower. Hope this is correct.
Hi Stosh,

I don't have a 3010RE, but on most floorplans, Gray #1 is the washing machine, lav, and shower. Gray #2 is the galley.

But I agree with Cookie. Use some food coloring down the drain to determine positively which is which.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Hi Stosh,

I don't have a 3010RE, but on most floorplans, Gray #1 is the washing machine, lav, and shower. Gray #2 is the galley.

But I agree with Cookie. Use some food coloring down the drain to determine positively which is which.

We have s 3010 and Dan is correct. Plus #1 will fill first because the shower drains into it. If you have a W/D then it goes without saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk