Greystone fresh water tank

We have a 2011 Greystone 32RE. Does anyone have info on where the fresh water tank is located and how the lines are run. Can't seem to get a full tank, all the time. Has anyone else run into this?

jimtoo

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Hopefully someone with a unit like yours will jump in soon, meanwhile, enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Duramax1

The most common cause of this problem is that water has entered the vent hose which prevents air from escaping from the tank which means the tank will no longer accept any more water or possibly the air vent hose has a kink in it.

Try blowing air into the hose to force any water that may have accumulated in the hose back into the tank.

If this does not work then you have a kink in the hose.

Thanks. Do I have to use compressed air or can I just blow into the vent? Would you know where the tank is located? For what I can see from the storage comparment, the fill and vent line seem to run pretty far to the rear.

Duramax1

Just blow into the vent.

If that does not work, take off the access panel which you would remove to access the water tank bypass valves. By sticking your head through this access panel you will be able to see a portion of the water tank vent line and determine whether there is a kink at least in that portion of the line.

I do not know where the tank is located.

caissiel

Most of the time I fill my tank the vent has water in it, so I press my hose in the fill neck and allow the air to blow off in the vent as the water raises in the tank.
I feel that the vent gets water while taveling.

Duramax1

My permanent fix was to return to the selling dealer while the Sundance was still under warranty. That was when I learned that there was a kink in the air vent hose.

I have never had a problem since.