GY 614 tire

Mullins

Anybody know what the temp rating is for the GY 614s. And where did you get the info? I cannot find it anywhere; the internet has a lot of information except for the temp. However, I have found out everything else about the tire; and the dealer did not know or at least the person I was talking with did not know.:confused: Thanks..

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Anybody know what the temp rating is for the GY 614s. And where did you get the info? I cannot find it anywhere; the internet has a lot of information except for the temp. However, I have found out everything else about the tire; and the dealer did not know or at least the person I was talking with did not know.:confused: Thanks..

Call 1-800-GOODYEAR

JanAndBill

The UTQG Temperature Grade indicates the extent to which heat is generated and/or dissipated by a tire. The grade is established by measuring a loaded tire's ability to operate at high speeds without failure by running an inflated test tire against a large diameter high-speed laboratory test wheel. Every tire sold in the United States must be capable of earning a "C" rating which indicates the ability to withstand 85 mph speeds. That said I couldn't find anything about the temperatures incurred during operation other than a general statement that "a normal tire's operating temperature could be up to 200 degrees). This may be because a tire's ability to carry a load fluctuates depending on heat and load.

jnbhobe

TST says that tires fail at 180 to 200 degrees, they set their low high temp alert at 157*.