Heartland friends are the best!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We made a trip down to Central Texas to Lake Buchanan, near Burnet, Tx. Had to meet up with our friends Jay (JayC) & Stella, park hosting at Inks Lake State Park, and Dan (Danemayer) & Ruth Ann, from Austin.

We had a great time visiting and of course eating. Went to Cooper's Bar-B-Que in Llano, Tx. It was terrific!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353910738.973417.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353910752.806699.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Cant tell you how much we wish we could have been there!!!! Here is what we woke up to.
Image012.jpg

TXTiger

Mid 70's here in Southern California. Riding the Harley along the beach in a short sleeve shirt. Cools down after the sun sets and have to put on a flannel jacket while riding home!!!!

olcoon

Erika, You are right, Heartland friends are great, bad thing is that we are always eating way too much, not good for this fat boy!!!

Dave, you are going to go blind looking at that ugly:cool: scenery!!! It's Awesome! We had flurries today for a few minutes, not enough to turn the grass white.

jayc

Legendary Member
Beautiful pictures Dave.

Roy, you need to keep on with the recovery so you can come to Texas ASAP.

Erika, it was great to see y'all and also Dan and Ruth Ann.

codycarver

Beautiful pictures Dave.

Roy, you need to keep on with the recovery so you can come to Texas ASAP.

Erika, it was great to see y'all and also Dan and Ruth Ann.

I don't know Jay, from my perspective looking at Erica's photos.... you guys sitting around
in short sleeve shirts eating Bar-B-Que looks pretty darn good to me.

Mid 70's here in Southern California. Riding the Harley along the beach in a short sleeve shirt. Cools down after the sun sets and have to put on a flannel jacket while riding home!!!!

Hey Dave,

It looks beautiful. Just stay inside and light a fire.

OR, you could head down this way. It's been in the 70's. Trace

You guys aren't helping.
:cool:

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Hey, in less than a month, we're headed in search of mountains packed with the fluffy white stuff, New Mexico or Colorado... depending on the depth. ;)
(Just not on the roads.) We can hardly wait!!

Rig is winterized but only because we've had it dip below freezing a couple of times at night so far. Hope to get her home before our winter trip,... as usual, a few more projects... :rolleyes:

And Dave, in Texas, there's either a Mexican restaurant or BBQ joint practically within a half mile of you at any given time. Come on down!

Erika

codycarver

And Dave, in Texas, there's either a Mexican restaurant or BBQ joint practically within a half mile of you at any given time. Come on down!

Erika
Now you went and did it. Amy's probably already seen this and she LOVES Mexican. I'll never get the Que now.

TravelTiger

Lets go! There's about 8 in Terrell, population 15,800.

TravelTiger

Heck ya!! Um, except Dan's 4 hours away, you guys are even further... We need to plan better, I'm hungry now.

TravelTiger

Alright, sounds like we gotta plan something sometime, maybe just a get-together for Mexican food.

olcoon

Dang, Sally got me out of the house today & we had taco tuesday, how about some BBQ? Gee we are in Kansas City...wonder if we could find a good BBQ joint anywhere around here? :rolleyes::p
Y'all make it up here we could eat BBQ until you founder & still not hit all the good places!

DavidCraker

Dang, Sally got me out of the house today & we had taco tuesday, how about some BBQ? Gee we are in Kansas City...wonder if we could find a good BBQ joint anywhere around here? :rolleyes::p
Y'all make it up here we could eat BBQ until you founder & still not hit all the good places!

Olcoon, Have you tried Gates BBQ in Kansas City, MO. Some pretty finger licking good stuff.

olcoon

Oh yeah, been to Gates a bunch of times "Hi can I help you?", there is also Arthur Bryants, excellent BBQ, but not fond of their sauce. I haven't been there for a while, but when you go there & order a sandwich, they don't weigh the meat, you get a big handful, same with the fries. There is usually enough for at least 2 meals!