Heartland Owners "Cruise"?

bill40

Re: Heartland Rally "Cruise"?

They rolled the dice and came up short; what are the odds that any cruise ship will have a failure while at sea? It wasn't the Titanic for goodness sake. Just think of the "sea stories" those passengers will be able to tell forever!!
Just to put your minds at ease should something happen while your out there, the Chevy is ready to tow you back. You know these trucks can tow anything and on top of that my rates are very reasonable. However the Navy will still have to supply the Spam & Pop Tarts.:angel:

bill40

Your not alone Jim, when I was working it was one of the better sellers. Must be over a 100 ways to fix it, just go to Hawaii to understand how big a item it is.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

SOME BAD DECISIONS MAKE GREAT CAMPFIRE STORIES AND LIFELONG FRIENDS

Darn Right Pa! Say hi to ma!

dieselsweetheart

What I am finding up to now is a 5 day cruise to Bermuda leaving out of Baltimore. There are October dates for 2011 (even though we are going in 2012, at least we have an idea) and one date for November. We aren't going to be able to go on a cruise and lay out on the beach if we want to make this less than a week in length, and if we are planning for after camping season.

I'll just be happy to be on the ship with my Heartland friends and cruisin'...having a great time!

Any other suggestions on trips/ships?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

I'll just be happy to be on the ship with my Heartland friends and cruisin'...having a great time!

Any other suggestions on trips/ships?

Thanks for your hard work trying to find something involving less days. Have to tell you I came up with the same problem in my search. Port of Baltimore/5 Day would be fine with us and when you skate around Carnival I'm pleased. I hate SPAM!

ChopperBill

Ya all have a nice cruise! Wouldn't get on one of those darn things if it was free. Saw many sitting at port in Mexico under quarantine, sitting out in the middle of the ocean with no land in site gives me the creeps too. But wont go to Mexico again either. Guess I'm just a scardy cat!

dieselsweetheart

Debbie, the ships go out of NJ too....they seem to be the same cruises.... so we have 2 departure choices.

Jim & Harriet

just to make sure I am understanding this - the cruise plan is for 2012 - NOT 2011?
don't want to confuse our social schedule ... :)

porthole

Retired

They rolled the dice and came up short; what are the odds that any cruise ship will have a failure while at sea?

Well – maybe. Carnival has had it fair share of “incidents”. Something like 5 fires in the last 6 years. But fires are failry isolated, and “usually” do not disable the ship.
Lucky for this cruise is that they were near shore and not doing a trans-ocean crossing.

“This fire has occurred on one of the newest, most advanced and largest cruise ships in the world,” noted longtime industry watcher Peter Knego of MaritimeMatters.com.

I guess a passenger transfer at sea to another ship was out of the question...

That would be more dangerous then going without AC, flush toilets and minimal food.
The fact that it was dead in the water would make it even more dangerous.

And if you watched the un-ending news coverage of the tow into port, you would think these people were adrift for 1 or 2 months and eating rotten food or furniture

dieselsweetheart

Yes, I wonder how much acting was done for the cameras. I'm sure it was bad for some while others just "made do" and worked through it the best they could. You're right Duane, had they been farther out it could have been much worse. And for those folks who say they wouldn't take a free ticket....I'd like them to give their ticket to me!!!

dieselsweetheart

I think the question is where? We haven't forgotten about it but I guess we need to start some buzz again now that winter is here! So.....let's continue... Nona and I will reconnect on this!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

I don't care where as long at it is WARM!!!!:):)

We're with Keith! Someplace warm (in the winter so it doesn't take away from our RV'ing - although we do that in the winter too!). Eastern Carribean would be nice. Deb and I really like NCL by the way.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

We're with Keith! Someplace warm (in the winter so it doesn't take away from our RV'ing - although we do that in the winter too!). Eastern Carribean would be nice. Deb and I really like NCL by the way.

I had a very bad experience the one and only time we sailed on Norwegian, but I must admit 95% of that was due to it being Spring Break and all the college kids on board. I'd love to "give them another shot" especially since it is the only cruise line I've been on that serves pickeled Herring for breakfast. Best breakfasts I ever had on a cruise!!:)

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

We sailed on Caribbean Cruise Line and had a wonderful time. It seemed to have less children on it. Even had an adult only pool. It was very nice good to the pool and being able to just relax. Had two very large hot tubs in that area also.

buckeyebob

to klindgren,pickled herring for breakfast?we had smoked salmon on our alaskan cruise in 09 on holland america line.we are sailing on the same ship nto eastern carribean feb 25 so we shall see if its different food from alaskan cruise.really liked holland america cruise line .buckeyebob