Heartland Owners "Cruise"?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Re: Heartland Rally "Cruise"?

to klindgren,pickled herring for breakfast?we had smoked salmon on our alaskan cruise in 09 on holland america line.we are sailing on the same ship nto eastern carribean feb 25 so we shall see if its different food from alaskan cruise.really liked holland america cruise line .buckeyebob

We were on Princess for our Alaska cruise/tour last year and they had smoked salmon on the buffet a couple of morning. Good, but certainly no where good as pickled herring. Enjoy your Alaska cruise. I'd go back in a heart beat. Fell in love with Alaska.

buckeyebob

now ive gotta try pickled herring!!!a new favorite food,just what my always going on a diet body needs!!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

now ive gotta try pickled herring!!!a new favorite food,just what my always going on a diet body needs!!

Bob, when you're a Scan-da-hovian like I am (my father was born in Sweden), eating pickled herring is almost a birth right. I absolutely love the stuff. The real good stuff is kind of hard to find down here in "Dixie" but every time I go home to Wisconsin, I have to stock up on it. That and bratwurst!! Anyway, NCL had an excellent pickled herring layout every morning buffet. Well worth it!!

jimtoo

Bob, when you're a Scan-da-hovian like I am (my father was born in Sweden), eating pickled herring is almost a birth right. I absolutely love the stuff. The real good stuff is kind of hard to find down here in "Dixie" but every time I go home to Wisconsin, I have to stock up on it. That and bratwurst!! Anyway, NCL had an excellent pickled herring layout every morning buffet. Well worth it!!

There is only one or two kinds of fish that is eatable,,,,, DEEP FRIED CATFISH OR BASS. :) :).. the end ,,,, none other is comparable... It's a Southern thing :)...Herring?? :) is that a fish??? Bratwurst??? :) what is that...junk sausage? :) And for BREAKFAST???? :)

dieselsweetheart

An update....the 2012 Heartland "Rally" Cruise was on our agenda yesterday at the Northeast Chapter Leader "Summit"... we haven't abandoned the idea....in fact, we are on the ball with research and hopefully within the next coming month-6 weeks we will have arrangements firmed up. Stay tuned for our announcement and we hope a Heartland Cruise will be on your "to-do" list for 2012!

dieselsweetheart

Update. We had a chapter leaders meeting in NJ this past w/e and it was decided that since the 2012 calendar was filling up fast (which left little options for a cruise)...we are pushing the date of the Heartland cruise back till May 2013. We will be making plans as soon as the cruise schedule is posted, we will be working with an already appointed travel agent (one that Dave, Nona, and myself use for our cruises)....and let you know as soon as we get a schedule. But we are looking at mid-May.... a Wed-Sunday cruise (or an equivalent 4 day cruise).... we will be going Royal Caribbean. Details as we get 'em! But no, we haven't given up on the idea.... we are going!!!!

So save the date!!!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Make it over the 25th and we will be there. We will call it our anniversary in heartland cruise!

dieselsweetheart

Sounds like a plan!!! Of course we are saying the middle of May so hopefully a ship sails around then!!!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

In May 2013, the wife and I would be married 19 years.....hmmm??

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

For the 2ps it will be a mere 28 years and counting.

dieselsweetheart

Hello Cruisers! Just wanted to activate this thread again. When the Truknutt's and the Diesel's were on their AK cruisetour, we reserved a block of time for the Heartland Rally Cruise to Bermuda we are organizing. At that time, the RC schedule did not go out to May 2013, so we booked another weekend as a placeholder. Soon the schedule will be out to include next May and we will book those dates for the cruise rally.

We didn't forget about the cruise, and don't want you to either! Most likely within a month or so we will be able to post booking information.

So stay tuned!!!!

dieselsweetheart

Cruise date!!!

Where: Bermuda
Port: New Jersey
Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean
When: May 25th-30th 5 nights

We will book through ONE cruise director. We will be posting her info here in the next day or so. You will be responsible for your own booking through her. That way she will be able to keep us all together and our dining info, etc all together.

This is NOT a Heartland sanctioned event. This is merely a type of "camp-out" except it's a cruise. It is over Memorial day w/e. That may be good for some, bad for others.

Stay tuned, I wanted to get the official date out there though.....

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Cheryl...any idea of the cost...this might just work for us. Kids in Baltimore could keep our dogs for us, while we leave the rig in Gettysburg.

dieselsweetheart

When I checked the RC site, it said from "from $599".... I am sure that is for an inside cabin. But let's see what our travel agent can wrangle up for us!

And I realize that this is the w/e after the NE regional rally...BUT, this might be a great way to "be in the area" and leave your rig at a CG nearby to NJ...the departure port. So hopefully we will continue the fun from the regional rally all the way to the dock and onward to Bermuda!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Checked the website too...for this particular weekend, being Memorial Holiday, the prices start higher at $699 for an inside cabin...did we consider the cruise starting on the 11th of May, it has the lower pricing?

dieselsweetheart

I can't go on the 11th. I am mandated to attend college graduation. Sorry. Let's see what going through the travel lady does instead of booking on the RC site. She may be able to do something for us.